Author Topic: Schumer opposes Sessions for AG  (Read 747 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Schumer opposes Sessions for AG
« on: January 12, 2017, 02:27:20 pm »
Schumer opposes Sessions for AG

By Eugene Scott, CNN

Updated 9:08 AM ET, Thu January 12, 2017

(CNN)Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer announced Thursday that he will vote against Sen. Jeff Sessions' nomination for attorney general.

"After reviewing his record and giving careful consideration to his answers during the hearing, I am not confident in Senator Sessions' ability to be a defender of the rights of all Americans, or to serve as an independent check on the incoming administration," the New York Democrat said in a statement. "I am also deeply concerned by his views on immigration, which I saw firsthand during the push for comprehensive immigration reform. For those reasons, I will oppose his nomination to serve as the next attorney general."

Schumer said the next attorney general must have a proven track record in fighting for the rights of all Americans.

more
http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/12/politics/schumer-opposes-sessions-for-ag/index.html?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
Re: Schumer opposes Sessions for AG
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 06:50:01 pm »
Big deal.  Everyone knew Chuckie would refuse to vote for anyone not a leftist, and especially not for Sessions, who looks likely to enforce the law evenhandedly.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 07:01:45 pm »

He could have said before the hearings that he would oppose Sessions.

He does this to foment resentments among his minority constituents, eg. blacks, Hispanics, single womyn, etc.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 07:16:39 pm »
Big deal.  Everyone knew Chuckie would refuse to vote for anyone not a leftist, and especially not for Sessions, who looks likely to enforce the law evenhandedly.

Exactly. Did anyone ever believe this crooked bastard would vote for Sessions? This is why he helms an impudent out of power party today. They're all petty toads.

Offline corbe

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 07:39:32 pm »
   As Trump himself said "Chucky loved me better when I was a democrat".

Other notable politicians trump donated to:

Other House and Senate Democrats who have received donations from Trump and his family and will serve after Trump's inauguration include Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand of New York, Sen. Bill Nelson of Florida, Sen. Cory Booker of New Jersey, Sen. Dick Durbin of Illinois, Sen. Ed Markey of Massachusetts, Rep. Charlie Crist of Florida, and Rep. Carolyn Maloney of New York.

http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-chuck-schumer-donations-2016-11
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 07:40:49 pm »

What a rogues gallery!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2017, 07:44:23 pm »

Trump's contributed to quite a few people in Florida; Crist, Bondi, Nelson, Scott, etc.  Bondi is now involved in his transition team.  Not trying to rile the Trump supporters in here, but it doesn't really matter which side of the aisle Trump donates to, as long as he benefits in the long run; payola is pretty obvious.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2017, 07:48:01 pm »
"After reviewing his record and giving careful consideration to his answers during the hearing..."

Like hell.

After all the years this slug has spent in the senate you'd think he'd care more about his credibility.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2017, 08:12:10 pm »
"After reviewing his record and giving careful consideration to his answers during the hearing..."

Like hell.

After all the years this slug has spent in the senate you'd think he'd care more about his credibility.
@skeeter ....what you said.... 888high58888