Author Topic: Clapper Tells Trump, 'I Do Not Believe the Leaks Came From Within the IC'  (Read 1060 times)

rangerrebew

Clapper Tells Trump, 'I Do Not Believe the Leaks Came From Within the IC'

(CNSNews.com) - Director of National Intelligence James Clapper said he spoke to President-elect Donald Trump last evening, expressing his "profound dismay at the leaks that have been occurring in the press."

Both men agreed that the leak of unverified and lurid information about Trump is "extremely corrosive and damaging to our national security," but Clapper said he doesn't think the leaks came from the intelligence community.

The two-page summary in question contained unsubstantiated allegations supposedly compiled by the Russians, who deny it. The document "was widely circulated in recent months among the media, members of Congress and Congressional staff even before the IC became aware of it," Clapper said in a written statement (see below).

Clapper said the document is not a U.S. intelligence community product.

Source URL: http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/clapper-tells-trump-i-do-not-believe-leaks-came-within-ic

rangerrebew

Clapper Tells Trump, 'I Do Not Believe the Leaks Came From Within the IC'

He doesn't BELIEVE they came from the IC.  On the other side, he apparently can't say they didn't. :pondering:

HonestJohn

The dossier has already been shown to have been made by a former British spy for the Clinton campaign.

---

(fixed spelling)

« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 04:47:55 pm by HonestJohn »

Wingnut

The dossier has already been show to have been made by a former British spy for the Clinton campaign.

I bet Hilary feed him some files on the down low.  She is after all a lying worthless piece of dried up lesbian flesh.

rangerrebew

We shouldn't forget Clapper also fed the Benghazi lie that the violence all started because of an obscure video.

Offline skeeter

Thats fine. Trump needs to clean the political partisans out of the IC anyway.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Thats fine. Trump needs to clean the political partisans out of the IC anyway.
Yes.

I would like to learn if our IC had evidence of Russian/USSR involvement in prior elections?

1960-2012 etc.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Frank Cannon

Is this the same disgraced Clapper who lied to Congress?

Offline dfwgator

Yes.

I would like to learn if our IC had evidence of Russian/USSR involvement in prior elections?

1960-2012 etc.

We know Ted Kennedy sought out the KGB to try to derail Reagan.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
We know Ted Kennedy sought out the KGB to try to derail Reagan.

Agreed. I meant to beg the question if this sort of back-and-forth had been ongoing?

It seems to be the case. Yet democrats and #nevertrumps want to exploit whatever took place this time, as if it was an isolated, first time ever occurrence.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln