Author Topic: Trump AND Congress want to audit the Fed. Let's do it already!  (Read 846 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Trump AND Congress want to audit the Fed. Let's do it already!
« on: January 12, 2017, 12:46:29 am »
Back when Ron Paul was in Congress, you could always count on him to do one thing: introduce the same bill every year, heedless of futility or Sisyphean labor, to conduct a comprehensive audit of the United Stated Federal Reserve Bank.

It never went anywhere. But undaunted, the elder Paul continued the tradition right up until his retirement, at which point he passed the mantle to his son, Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky. (A, 92%).

Rand continues to introduce the bill every year, with increasing probability of action, receiving a rare vote in the Senate in 2016. This year, the warriors of monetary policy may have their best shot yet at success, as a new version of the bill is being sponsored by Rand and Rep. Thomas Massie, R-Ky. (A, 94%) with vocal support from the incoming Trump administration.

5 ways to reform the Federal Reserve

The Federal Reserve is a nominally independent agency that regulates the nation’s money supply, controls interest rates, and occasionally intervenes in markets more directly, as when it purchased toxic mortgages during the 2008 housing crisis. The Fed generally operates behind the scenes in comparative secrecy, with the general public having only a vague conception of what the agency actually does.

What few people realize is that when the Fed alters the money supply and changes interest rates, it is sowing the seeds of future economic disaster by introducing distorted signals into money markets....

- See more at: https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2017/01/trump-and-congress-want-to-audit-the-fed?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=010616crcontentemail&utm_campaign=newslettertraffic#sthash.9TJIcrmG.dpuf

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Trump AND Congress want to audit the Fed. Let's do it already!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 01:13:06 am »
This is a grand idea, but after this many years of abuses from Mr Yellen and company can it be audited? I am betting the books are so cooked they are indecipherable oatmeal.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 01:18:24 am »
This is a grand idea, but after this many years of abuses from Mr Yellen and company can it be audited? I am betting the books are so cooked they are indecipherable oatmeal.

I'm betting that there are two or three sets of books and the chances of us ever getting to see the real ones are 0-100%!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 01:19:39 am »

Yeah, I don't know.  I don't know how auditors find what they find.  But, perhaps they can establish a baseline and an audit schedule.

Offline endicom

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 01:58:08 am »

Mr. Janet Louise Yellen.

HonestJohn

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 06:07:44 am »
The Fed is an independent organization and was *SPECIFICALLY* made to be outside government control.

Therefore, the government cannot audit it... without first nationalizing it.