Author Topic: Ethics Watchdog: Trump Ethics Plan 'Meaningless'  (Read 528 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ethics Watchdog: Trump Ethics Plan 'Meaningless'
« on: January 12, 2017, 12:40:55 am »

Newsmax
Ethics Watchdog: Trump Ethics Plan 'Meaningless'
Wednesday, January 11, 2017 06:43 PM

By: Cathy Burke

President-elect Donald Trump's new ethics plan to avoid business-related conflicts of interest is being slammed by experts as "meaningless."

The head of the nonpartisan Office of Government Ethics, Walter Shaub, took especially sharp aim at Trump's announcement Wednesday that he wouldn't sell his business while serving as president, saying instead the company would only pursue U.S. deals and not foreign ones, Politico reported.

"I need to talk about ethics today because the plan the president has announced doesn't meet the standards that the best of his nominees are meeting and that every president in the past four decades has met," Shaub said at a news conference hosted by the Brookings Institution, Politico reported.

more
http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/trump-ethics-plan-meaningless/2017/01/11/id/768087/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Ethics Watchdog: Trump Ethics Plan 'Meaningless'
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 01:02:29 am »
Interesting. Non partisan "watch dogs" commenting on this. I am curious how non partisan these fellows in the article are?

nonpartisan Office of Government Ethics, Walter Shaub: Appointed by OBAMA on Jan 2013

Norm Eisen: Was a ethics lawyer for OBAMA. Co founded the leftist group CREW (Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics)

Robert Weissman: President of Public Citizen, a group founded by Ralf Nader to attack companies and promote Communism.

Some real independent thinking going on in this half assed article.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 01:05:30 am »
Interesting. Non partisan "watch dogs" commenting on this. I am curious how non partisan these fellows in the article are?

nonpartisan Office of Government Ethics, Walter Shaub: Appointed by OBAMA on Jan 2013

Norm Eisen: Was a ethics lawyer for OBAMA. Co founded the leftist group CREW (Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics)

Robert Weissman: President of Public Citizen, a group founded by Ralf Nader to attack companies and promote Communism.

Some real independent thinking going on in this half assed article.

Half assed???  You are giving them WAY too much credit Frank!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Wingnut

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 01:17:13 am »
Half assed???  You are giving them WAY too much credit Frank!

A Kardashian ... Full assed..