Author Topic: Tillerson Reveals Support For TPP, NAFTA – Bad As Romney As Secretary of State  (Read 777 times)

Offline Vulcan

A big problem with Rex Tillerson as Secretary of State surfaced in his hearings on Wednesday during questioning by Senator Jeff Merkley, an Oregon Democrat. In phrasing his question, Merkley noted that during the campaign “The President-elect talked a lot about what he saw as major mistakes with NAFTA and with giving China full access to our market, in terms of its impact on American manufacturing.”

Merkley continued, “He was very critical of the TPP. Do you share his vision that NAFTA and WTO China access, that TPP are big mistakes in terms of creating living wage American jobs?” Tillerson talks like a politician even though he’s never officially been one, saying, “Senator, my understanding of the issue that the President-elect has with those trade agreements is in the case of NAFTA it’s an agreement that’s been in place for decades now and I think even President Pena-Nieto of Mexico has indicated that ‘Yes, perhaps it needs a relook, that we’re in a different era now, both in terms of the type of trade and technology, but also the global trading environment has changed since that agreement was put in place.” At what point was it good for America, Tillerson? It has been a job killer from the beginning. It has nothing to do with the “era” we’re in.

Asked if he shares Mr. Trump’s opposition to TPP, Tillerson replied, “I do not oppose TPP. I share some of his views regarding whether the agreement that was negotiated serves all of America’s interests best.”

More here

Offline Frank Cannon

Wow. Rick Wells of Rickwells.com, the supreme arbiter of Conservatism 20 minutes running, says Tillerson is as evil as the dog torturing Romney. This is going to make huge shock waves worldwide.

Offline skeeter

I guess this means certain Trump acolytes owe Ted Cruz another apology.

Offline Vulcan

I guess this means certain Trump acolytes owe Ted Cruz another apology.

You got it. 

Offline libertybele

The headline is misleading on NAFTA he stated that it was bad from the beginning. However, Tillerson is not opposed to TPP.  That's the final nail in the coffin for me on this guy. I'm hoping that his nomination fails and Trump has to select someone else.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.