Author Topic: Trump to CNN Reporter At Fiery Presser: ‘I'm not going to give you a question, You Are Fake News’  (Read 3111 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: TOWNHALL

URL: http://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2017/01/11/trump-to-buzzfeed-reporter--you-are-fake-news-n2270056

Cortney O'Brien

President-elect Donald Trump held his first press conference since winning the November election on Wednesday at Trump Tower, and boy it did not disappoint. Trump bemoaned the lack of honest reporters in today's culture, particularly after a new report from BuzzFeed that suggested Russia had incriminating information on him. The piece was uncorroborated. It was rumored CNN also published the report, but Jake Tapper pushed back at that claim after the press conference.

Trump took out his frustration on the media in the room.

BuzzFeed, Trump said matter-of-factly at the presser, is "a failing pile of garbage," while also criticizing CNN.

Trump shutting down CNN reporter trying to ask a question: "Don’t be rude... you are fake news" pic.twitter.com/O4z3pPYdXp
— BuzzFeed News (@BuzzFeedNews) January 11, 2017

"Since you're attacking us are you going to allow us a question?" CNN reporter Jim Acosta shouted.

“I’m not going to give you a question," he said. "You are fake news.”

The audience awarded Trump with applause.

Tapper said he can understand why Trump would be frustrated with the shoddy reporting of BuzzFeed, but lamented how he treated his coworker.

Offline SirLinksALot

Offline Frank Cannon

Beta male is an appropriate term for this loser. On the radio, the reporter sounded like a Snowflake protesting the white in the Starbucks logo as racist.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 07:03:16 pm by Frank Cannon »

Offline beandog

When the Donald does something right I have know problem being on his side.  This was fantastic and if he continues in this vein, it'll be a fun 4 years.

Offline skeeter

When the Donald does something right I have know problem being on his side.  This was fantastic and if he continues in this vein, it'll be a fun 4 years.

Yeah, he did well. I've been waiting a long time to hear something like this.

Offline beandog

The best part is he doesn't do it in the snooty, look down your nose way that Obama does it when anybody dares cross him, he does it in the crazy Uncle kind of way, if you know what I mean.  It's much more entertaining and real.  It's what we've all wanted to do for years. ^-^

Offline SirLinksALot

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I'm amazed at how the general tenor of this forum has changed over the past couple of months -- considering how it was for the greater part of 2016.

Can you imagine any of the other candidates doing as much?
(Well, ok, I think that Cruz might have been up to the task, but not as much as Trump)

Isn't it refreshing to have someone on our side who fights back?
Who -- when they swing at him -- swings back?

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I'm amazed at how the general tenor of this forum has changed over the past couple of months -- considering how it was for the greater part of 2016.

Can you imagine any of the other candidates doing as much?
(Well, ok, I think that Cruz might have been up to the task, but not as much as Trump)

Isn't it refreshing to have someone on our side who fights back?
Who -- when they swing at him -- swings back?

:beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

It was suggested by Ari Fletcher...tonight on Hannity...that the WH press briefings be conducted privately and all cameras removed.

Furthermore, he said, why not get rid of the White House press corp 'living' there...and instead put them next door in the Old Executive Office Building.

They can go on Facebook live and have real, honest-to-goodness Americans ask questions.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Wait so when Obama attacks Fox News everyone gets upset... Trump acts just as classless and he's applauded?

:pondering:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Wait so when Obama attacks Fox News everyone gets upset... Trump acts just as classless and he's applauded?

It's ok when our side does it! Conservatives are so superior u see.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

It's ok when our side does it! Conservatives are so superior u see.

Oh ok...silly me...what was I thinking.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline DCPatriot

@Weird Tolkienish Figure
@txradioguy

Grasping at the moral equivaleny position in your zeal to denigrate Trump.   :laugh:

Truly pathetic, comparing CNN to FOXNEWS.     Shame on you both.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Thank you!  Classless is classless.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

HonestJohn

@Weird Tolkienish Figure
@txradioguy

Grasping at the moral equivaleny position in your zeal to denigrate Trump.   :laugh:

Spell out the difference, then.  Both are cable news networks.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@Weird Tolkienish Figure
@txradioguy

Pathetic is the churlish and childish behavior displayed by our soon to be President.

There are classier ways to take down a reporter than to act like a moronic high school bully.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten

I'm also with Trump on this one; CNN had it coming.  If anything Trump should have had everyone with CNN credentials ejected from the room, and specified a prime-time televised public apology to Michael Cohen as the price of re-admission.

The Nazi mention was hyperbolic and I always find his blustering mannerism unprofessional, but OFIs notwithstanding I give Trump good marks on this one.
James 1:20

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

Yep. That's what happens when the "right" becomes the left.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Wow, what an asinine thing to say @txradioguy  Are you really equating CNN's fake news stories with Fox telling the truth about Obama's policies and actions?

You needn't comment on everything.  We know you hate the PEOTUS.  It would be better for you if you let us keep guessing about your intellect.

Offline DCPatriot

Wow, what an asinine thing to say @txradioguy  Are you really equating CNN's fake news stories with Fox telling the truth about Obama's policies and actions?

You needn't comment on everything.  We know you hate the PEOTUS.  It would be better for you if you let us keep guessing about your intellect.

:beer:

Offline Night Hides Not

Good job of diverting attention on PEOTUS to a personal attack on @txradioguy. Pure Trumpian tactic, if you ask me.

I have no doubts about your intellect, you seem to be an intelligent person. Based on your comments though, your judgment is an entirely different matter.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 02:06:01 pm by Night Hides Not »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline DCPatriot

Good job of diverting attention on PEOTUS to a personal attack on @txradioguy. Pure Trumpian tactic, if you ask me.

I have no doubts about your intellect, you seem to be an intelligent person. Based on your comments though, your judgment is an entirely different matter.

Oh geez.....wipe that brown stain off your nose.

Where the hell were you when @Cripplecreek called me a "moron" the other day.....BEFORE he was told to edit it?

Shut the hell up.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Assessing a comment as asinine is not a personal attack @Night Hides Not   But you know that.

Move along.

Offline goatprairie

There is a way to answer the lib media dolts with class. Trump has no class.