Author Topic: Trump addresses Russia, intelligence briefing and conflicts of interest at press conference  (Read 1915 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Trump addresses Russia, intelligence briefing and conflicts of interest at press conference

President-elect Donald Trump holds his first formal news conference in more than five months.

By Nolan D. McCaskill

01/11/17 11:19 AM EST

President-elect Donald Trump on Wednesday held his first press conference in more than five months to address swirling questions over Russia’s alleged role in his election and how he will disentangle himself from his massive business empire. Here are the highlights:

• Trump began the event by criticizing BuzzFeed and CNN for reporting Tuesday that U.S. intelligence officials briefed him on allegations that Russia could have compromising information about him. It “would be a tremendous blot on their record" if intelligence agencies leaked the documents that CNN and BuzzFeed reported, Trump said.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/trump-press-conference-coverage-233465
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
PEOTUS is giving a great presser btw....I am actually enjoying it!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline corbe

Dam, I'm impressed. he did good.   Maybe all these Trumpsters are on to something I missed, NAH!
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline beandog

CNN deserves every bit of disdain the Donald and the American People have for them.  I feel that way about all media outlets. 

It was a great thing to behold. :silly:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
CNN deserves every bit of disdain the Donald and the American People have for them.  I feel that way about all media outlets. 

It was a great thing to behold. :silly:

I loved watching Trump's rebuke of CNN.... :silly:
Support the USO

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Dam, I'm impressed. he did good.   Maybe all these Trumpsters are on to something I missed, NAH!

The word is  "damn" @corbe     

I don't want you to miss knowing that, too. 

Offline corbe

The word is  "damn" @corbe     

I don't want you to miss knowing that, too. 

Just adhering to my New Year Resolution's here, @Right_in_Virginia  Drink and smoke more and cuss less.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

I think it was a good press conference for him.  He clearly outlined he is going above and beyond what is required of him per the Constitution and is also donating profits to the US Treasury benefiting America.  He is doing things not because he has to but because he feels it is the right thing to do! The only politician that I have known to give money back to the Treasury is Dr. Ron Paul!  Hopefully now, we can move forward.  Looks like Trump is trying to drain the cesspool of fake information, better known as the MSM, from the swamp in DC as well. He seems to have lost a lot of his arrogance and really comes across quite humble and honest.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
CNN twitter

CNN Verified account
‏@CNN

Donald Trump refuses to take a question from CNN's Senior White House Correspondent
Support the USO

Offline corbe

At the end of that video, I assumed this was coming.

Offline Frank Cannon

CNN twitter

LOL. I see CNN didn't explain why they were snubbed.

Offline dfwgator

I think it was a good press conference for him.  He clearly outlined he is going above and beyond what is required of him per the Constitution and is also donating profits to the US Treasury benefiting America.  He is doing things not because he has to but because he feels it is the right thing to do! The only politician that I have known to give money back to the Treasury is Dr. Ron Paul!  Hopefully now, we can move forward.  Looks like Trump is trying to drain the cesspool of fake information, better known as the MSM, from the swamp in DC as well. He seems to have lost a lot of his arrogance and really comes across quite humble and honest.

He certainly established the fact that there's a new sheriff in town.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Pretty sure he covered this in the Primaries:  Don't try to bully through a question through when you're not called upon.  He had a reporter thrown out for that.  He later allowed the reporter back in to ask his question, but he had to do it without being rude, and wait for his turn.  The video @mystery-ak posted above told me the CNN guy was trying to do just that, and will soon be finding himself ejected for pulling that.  That he was not this time was a courtesy.

The "You're fake news" comment was just icing on the cake.  I heard the applause too:  The CNN guy wasn't just being rude to Trump, he was being rude to every other reporter there.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I see this today, as Trump taking a position in a negotiation.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Just_Victor

PEOTUS is giving a great presser btw....I am actually enjoying it!

I'm glad I'm not a reporter.  I can't stand listening to Trump babble, waiting for him to get to the point.

His answers, when he finally did answer, were good though.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline bilo

I'm glad I'm not a reporter.  I can't stand listening to Trump babble, waiting for him to get to the point.

His answers, when he finally did answer, were good though.

Great summary!

Trump does deserve kudos for being direct though. I appreciate his calling out Buzz Feed and CNN. I remember Bush never responded and soon the lies and smears became "facts".
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Just_Victor

Great summary!

Trump does deserve kudos for being direct though. I appreciate his calling out Buzz Feed and CNN. I remember Bush never responded and soon the lies and smears became "facts".

Trump's refusal to let the CNN reporter bully his question through, and calling CNN "fake news," was outstanding.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Trump's refusal to let the CNN reporter bully his question through, and calling CNN "fake news," was outstanding.

Yes.  I approved that message, let's hope he sticks to his guns on that.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline kevindavis007

Anyone who are friends with the former head of the KGB is a traitor.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline bilo

You know, the arrogant liberals and media types just don't see that they no longer have a monopoly. Talk radio started it. The internet expanded it. Now social media is available to bypass all of them. It is refreshing to see the media called out for being liars and slanting the news. Trump has done a lot of things well so far.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Anyone who are friends with the former head of the KGB is a traitor.

Well, Putin was a Colonel, not the "head."  But he was still a major boss.  Did someone claim "friendship" with him?  I know a lot of people have tried to peg others with that affinity....

(I don't listen to every speech, so I'm aware somebody probably said they knew him, or something...i think Trump never actually met him.)
I will NOT comply.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I did enjoy him shoving the bullies in the Praetorian Leftist media in their place.

That does not belay my concerns of his coming policy decisions and how he intends to implement them.

Let us hope that Trump does not decide on his own whim that only news that is flattering him is 'legit' news.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775