Author Topic: Right-wing people are better looking than those on the left, study claims  (Read 2153 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Research has found that being attractive influences many things in a person's life -- their salary, their popularity and grades in school, even the prison sentences they receive. So why not their politics?

A recently published study in the Journal of Public Economics concludes that the attractiveness of a candidate does correlate with their politics. They find that politicians on the right are more good looking in Europe, the United States and Australia.

The study shows correlation, not causation, but the researchers float a simple economic explanation for why this might happen. Numerous studies have shown that good-looking people are likely to earn more, and that people who earn more are typically more opposed to redistributive policies, like the progressive taxes and welfare programs favored by the left.

The researchers also offer a more general psychological explanation for the trend: That good-looking people are often treated better than others, and thus see the world as a more just place. Past studies have found that the more attractive people believe themselves to be, the lower their preference for egalitarianism, a value typically associated with the political left....

https://www.indy100.com/article/right-wing-people-are-better-looking-than-those-on-the-left-study-claims-7521301

Well...duh.

(They are talking about the European right and left)

Online andy58-in-nh

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline jpsb

And if there is still any doubt I offer as evidence

Offline mirraflake

Numerous studies have shown that good-looking people are likely to earn more, and that people who earn more are typically more opposed to redistributive policies, like the progressive taxes and welfare programs favored by the left.

The researchers also offer a more general psychological explanation for the trend: That good-looking people are often treated better than others, and thus see the world as a more just place. Past studies have found that the more attractive people believe themselves to be, the lower their preference for egalitarianism, a value typically associated with the political left....

Both are correct but I would say the first reason is why conservatives tend to be more beautiful.

My wife never believed people tend to attractive people more until she had her own business and she finally agreed with me when she noticed her clients, both men AND women when walking in her business would always go to the attractive female employee behind the counter versus the woman who  worked for her who was overweight and homely standing right next to her.

@Sanguine
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 03:39:38 pm by mirraflake »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Numerous studies have shown that good-looking people are likely to earn more, and that people who earn more are typically more opposed to redistributive policies, like the progressive taxes and welfare programs favored by the left.

Both are correct but I would say the first reason is why conservatives tend to be more beautiful.

My wife never believed people tend to attractive people more until she had her own business and she finally agreed with me when she noticed her clients, both men AND women when walking in her business would always go to the attractive female employee behind the counter versus the woman who  worked for her who was overweight and homely standing right next to her.

@Sanguine

I think particularly in this image-obsessed age this is true.  Sad in many cases.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
I think particularly in this image-obsessed age this is true.  Sad in many cases.
If looks really mattered like they say how did we end up with Trump and Hillary? Politics aside, they are both ugly as all get out. 
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Online corbe

Admittedly I am the exception to the rule.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.