Author Topic: Ted Cruz reveals the real reason Dems are terrified of Jeff Sessions  (Read 913 times)

Offline libertybele

Ted Cruz reveals the real reason Dems are terrified of Jeff Sessions

..."Cruz, who served alongside Sessions in the Senate, vouches for the senator’s “integrity and passion for law enforcement,” which has gained him “tremendous respect among the hardworking men and women in blue across our great land.”
I support Senator Sessions for attorney general for the very reason that many vehemently oppose him. Namely, I — and they — know that Sessions will enforce the law. The fact that this is controversial tells you all you need to know about the sorry intellectual state of our country’s elites, especially in the legal academy and federal bureaucracies. Senator Sessions believes in the foundational idea that we are governed by objectively knowable, written rules, and that we should not be subject to the interpretive whims of unelected, power-hungry bureaucrats. Sessions will instill this belief at the Department of Justice.

Cruz expressed his confident hope that Sessions will bring much needed change to the “comically corrupt” Obama Justice Department, which for the past eight years has simply “ignored the laws it didn’t like.” This terrifies Washington Democrats:
Many of Sessions’ opponents actually believe the Justice Department does not need reform. To them, the lawlessness is a feature, not a bug. President Obama—and Eric Holder and Loretta Lynch—did not mess things up, in this view. Rather, they successfully transformed the DOJ from a law enforcement agency to yet another law “enhancement” agency. To them, Sessions is a threat because of his impartial commitment to the rule of law.

Because of this staunch opposition, Cruz warns there will be “numerous vile efforts to smear Senator Sessions’ good name” over the next few days.

Cruz concludes his piece by pinpointing the pathetic reasoning behind the Left’s final, desperate attempts to block Sessions’ confirmation: He’s a law-and-order devotee about to enter a lawless DOJ. If I were them — if I wanted to keep DOJ as a partisan agency unbound by law — I’d be scared, too...

- See more at: https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2017/01/ted-cruz-reveals-the-real-reason-dems-are-terrified-of-jeff-sessions#sthash.u9GXBb6T.dpuf
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Ted Cruz reveals the real reason Dems are terrified of Jeff Sessions
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 03:29:45 pm »
More specifically, Sessions understands DOJ well enough that he'll know how to dig up all the buried bodies of corruption that have been suppressed by compliant DOJ officials.  All the stuff that Republicans in Congress have had to pull teeth to discover are magically going to become discoverable.

It should be fun to watch.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 03:59:06 pm »

Yes it will.

And won't it be interesting when the question arises, "Should federal agencies be used as political weapons?"  It will make for an exciting national discussion.

First, Democrats will deny that Obama used agencies as political weapons.  A few weeks later when irrefutable evidence begins to mount the Democrats will be forced to switch gears.  They will have to defend the practice and I can't wait to hear the excuse.

All of which will come as a surprise to many Americans that have no earthly idea that the fascists they've been hearing about on CNN were actually alive and well within the Obama administration the past eight years.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 04:46:11 pm »
More specifically, Sessions understands DOJ well enough that he'll know how to dig up all the buried bodies of corruption that have been suppressed by compliant DOJ officials.  All the stuff that Republicans in Congress have had to pull teeth to discover are magically going to become discoverable.

Unfortunately, Sessions still has to be voted on and approved by the Senate.  I don't see any members of the Gang of Eight approving him which would likely mean that there won't be enough votes to confirm the nomination.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline bilo

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 05:31:50 pm »
Unfortunately, Sessions still has to be voted on and approved by the Senate.  I don't see any members of the Gang of Eight approving him which would likely mean that there won't be enough votes to confirm the nomination.

I don't put it past the Pubs to be self destructive. They have a long history of it. However, they know if they don't stay united now there will be no benefit to having control of the executive and legislative branches. Trump does hold grudges. Also, the voters who put Trump in are not going to be to willing to support them in the future. I know some just got re-elected, but not all of them.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 05:35:41 pm »

This is why the first hundred days will be so important. It will be difficult for any republican to challenge their own party leader initially.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2017, 05:45:41 pm »

I don't see any of the Republican members of the Gang of Eight as likely not to support a fellow GOP Senator, much less a member of the Judiciary Committee.  That would basically rip the caucus apart.  In any case, Graham is already on record as saying the allegations of racism against him are baseless. 

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016/11/22/lindsey-graham-attacking-jeff-sessions-as-a-racist-is-complete-garbage/

McCain has been even more explicit, and said "While we have had our disagreements over the years, I believe Jeff has the right knowledge and experience to effectively lead the Justice Department and I look forward to supporting his nomination for Attorney General when it is considered by the Senate next year.”

http://www.mccain.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/press-releases?ID=EA3EFA22-2902-4B78-A70D-0FAA5A4A913B

Jeff Flake stated his support for Sessions on the day he was nominated (as did key RINO Susan Collins)

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/key-republican-throws-support-behind-sessions/article/2607811

The only one of the Gang of Four who hasn't spoken out in support of Sessions yet is Rubio, but even though they had their differences on immigration, there's no way he'd be one of only a few Republicans to turn on the AG nominee.  It would kill his political future in the party.

The only realistic possibility I see for a GOP defection is Rand Paul.  But that's not enough to derail the nomination.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 05:48:11 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2017, 06:32:57 pm »
I don't see any of the Republican members of the Gang of Eight as likely not to support a fellow GOP Senator, much less a member of the Judiciary Committee.  That would basically rip the caucus apart.  In any case, Graham is already on record as saying the allegations of racism against him are baseless. 

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016/11/22/lindsey-graham-attacking-jeff-sessions-as-a-racist-is-complete-garbage/

McCain has been even more explicit, and said "While we have had our disagreements over the years, I believe Jeff has the right knowledge and experience to effectively lead the Justice Department and I look forward to supporting his nomination for Attorney General when it is considered by the Senate next year.”

http://www.mccain.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/press-releases?ID=EA3EFA22-2902-4B78-A70D-0FAA5A4A913B

Jeff Flake stated his support for Sessions on the day he was nominated (as did key RINO Susan Collins)

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/key-republican-throws-support-behind-sessions/article/2607811

The only one of the Gang of Four who hasn't spoken out in support of Sessions yet is Rubio, but even though they had their differences on immigration, there's no way he'd be one of only a few Republicans to turn on the AG nominee.  It would kill his political future in the party.

The only realistic possibility I see for a GOP defection is Rand Paul.  But that's not enough to derail the nomination.

RINO's are definitely not worried about their political futures in the least.  Regardless of what McCain has stated, I've not known him to keep his word.  He he has held onto his Senate seat for 30 years and AZ has one the most severe illegal immigration problems in the country. I'm not counting on Rubio's support on Sessions either. He has done absolutely nothing to change my mind on his stance on illegal immigration. During the past election, the GOP opposition that could have beat him in the Senate, for whatever reason stepped aside and went back to retaining their House seats paving the way for him and he had no problem defeating his remaining GOP challengers nor the DEM challenger -- so the reality is, his participation in the Gang of Eight had little influence on his recent re-election.

Unfortunately, the cycle of RINO's keeping their seats hasn't been broken.  Even with hot issues such as illegal immigration, they still manage to survive.