Author Topic: Democrats Helpless as Sessions Heads to Hill  (Read 795 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Democrats Helpless as Sessions Heads to Hill
« on: January 10, 2017, 01:44:06 pm »

Democrats Helpless as Sessions Heads to Hill

Liberals without the votes to torpedo AG confirmation prepare to 'dirty up' Alabama senator

by Brendan Kirby

Sen. Jeff Sessions will be in the hot seat Tuesday as senators consider his nomination for attorney general — but, barring an unexpected revelation, Democrats appear to lack the ammunition to stop him.

Not that the Alabama Republican’s critics won’t try.

“If there isn’t any really new information, it’s hard to see how he loses.”

Democrats on the Senate Judiciary Committee have already promised a thorough examination of his record, and Sen. Chis Coons (D-Del.) told CNN on Monday that there are “many areas where his votes and his record, from civil liberties to civil rights to torture to criminal justice reform to immigration are starkly different from my own.”

more at:  http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/democrats-helpless-as-sessions-heads-to-hill/
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
Re: Democrats Helpless as Sessions Heads to Hill
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 06:35:18 pm »
Democrats on the Senate Judiciary Committee have already promised a thorough examination of his record, and Sen. Chis Coons (D-Del.) told CNN on Monday that there are “many areas where his votes and his record, from civil liberties to civil rights to torture to criminal justice reform to immigration are starkly different from my own.”

And they truly think that highlighting that fact will rebound to their benefit?  The fact that his views are starkly different from theirs is the primary reason for his nomination!
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 06:44:39 pm »
AS long as a couple of weak kneed Pubs don't lose focus and go turncoat...Sessions is a lock.

Online libertybele

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 06:52:34 pm »
AS long as a couple of weak kneed Pubs don't lose focus and go turncoat...Sessions is a lock.

Ah come on, have you ever known any Pub to become a turncoat?   :whistle:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Wingnut

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 06:54:04 pm »
Ah come on, have you ever known any Pub to become a turncoat?   :whistle:

Stop with them negative waves now!   lol

:smokin:

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 07:07:32 pm »
Stop with them negative waves now!   lol

:smokin:

Ya, I know ... the hell with reality and gut feelings!   :shrug:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.