Author Topic: Feds Say Blue Lines Honoring Police On NJ Roads Are Illegal  (Read 805 times)

rangerrebew

Feds Say Blue Lines Honoring Police On NJ Roads Are Illegal
« on: January 09, 2017, 04:11:04 pm »
January 9, 2017
Feds Say Blue Lines Honoring Police On NJ Roads Are Illegal
by Nicole Sanders

SHARE9 TWEET PIN0 PLUS1 EMAIL

hillary-clinton-benghazi
Hillary Clinton Aide: She Is Not Running For Anything Ever Again
computer
DNC Refused To Let The FBI Examine Their Computers

New Jersey municipalities thought they came up with a clever way of showing support for law enforcement by painting blue lines on the roads. The federal government did not agree and it is creating a buzz across the United States.

A letter from the Office of Transportation Operations Department sent to Somerset County Engineer Matthew D. Loper says the markings are not in accordance with the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices for Streets and Highways.

As reported by NorthJersey.com, the manual defines the standards for traffic control devices on all public streets, highways, bike-ways, and private roads open to public traffic.

http://shark-tank.com/2017/01/09/feds-say-blue-lines-honoring-police-on-nj-roads-are-illegal/
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 04:11:49 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Re: Feds Say Blue Lines Honoring Police On NJ Roads Are Illegal
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 04:13:37 pm »
Let me see here.  Hm.  The feds are sweaty over blue lines on highways to honor police but are uncaring when people from other countries sneak across our borders.  Is it just me or do the feds have their priorities screwed up? :whistle:

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 04:18:16 pm »
11 more days.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 04:59:57 pm »
Dumb story about nothing till someone sues and wins.

My former father in law did line painting for a living and made good money at it. There are a lot of laws governing this stuff as a means of keeping the standards.

He got into a minor dispute with Hillsdale county Mi. when he corrected the sign placement of a handicapped parking sign at the county court house. The signs were at 8 feet when 4 feet or so was legal. He knew the law governing signage and lines better than the county did.

Private businesses are also subject to those laws. The father in law got called into court when a grocery store he painted lines for got sued and the owner had changed the lines but said my father in law did it. Fortunately the FIL saw that the guy was trouble and measured and photographed all of it when he was done with the job. The owner of the store sandblasted the yellow off the top side of a raised curb. Someone exiting the store didn't see the step down and did a faceplant into the parking lot breaking some teeth. He sued and won because the line painting wasn't in regulation.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 05:00:29 pm by Cripplecreek »

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 05:01:05 pm »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 09:31:10 pm »
another example of tenth amendment being abused.

NJ should just tell feds to GTH
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Oceander

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2017, 09:45:32 pm »
Markings like that aren't in line with the MUTCD and since the federal government has constitutional power over the instrumentalities of interstate commerce, it's definitely within the Fed's purview.  Let's not waste time fighting over something trivial and wrongheaded like this; there are much more important battles to fight.