Author Topic: President Obama to offer 'admonitions' in farewell address  (Read 941 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
President Obama to offer 'admonitions' in farewell address
« on: January 09, 2017, 02:18:19 pm »

By John King, CNN Chief National Correspondent

Updated 5:43 AM ET, Mon January 9, 2017
'Inside Politics' forecast: Obama's farewell

Washington (CNN)President Obama's farewell speech. President-elect Trump's strategy on government inaction. And Team Trump's influence over state party organizations.

It's all a part of this week's "Inside Politics" forecast, where you get tomorrow's headlines today.

1) Obama's 'admonitions'

President Obama will bid the nation goodbye Tuesday night in his last big speech before yielding the spotlight to the Trump inauguration hoopla.

You can be sure the President will offer another defense of his signature health care law and make the case that his administration put the economy back on solid footing after inheriting the 2008 financial crisis.

The buzzy part, though, is likely to be what one Obama loyalist called a series of "admonitions about the challenges we face moving forward."

Those admonitions will likely be squarely aimed at President-elect Donald Trump, and may include calls to celebrate America's diversity, to be more respectful of critics and, as the loyalist put it, "to strengthen and embrace our democracy."

more
http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/08/politics/ip-forecast-obama-farewell-speech-details/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: President Obama to offer 'admonitions' in farewell address
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 02:30:00 pm »

By John King, CNN Chief National Correspondent

Updated 5:43 AM ET, Mon January 9, 2017
'Inside Politics' forecast: Obama's farewell

Washington (CNN)President Obama's farewell speech. President-elect Trump's strategy on government inaction. And Team Trump's influence over state party organizations.

It's all a part of this week's "Inside Politics" forecast, where you get tomorrow's headlines today.

1) Obama's 'admonitions'

President Obama will bid the nation goodbye Tuesday night in his last big speech before yielding the spotlight to the Trump inauguration hoopla.

You can be sure the President will offer another defense of his signature health care law and make the case that his administration put the economy back on solid footing after inheriting the 2008 financial crisis.

The buzzy part, though, is likely to be what one Obama loyalist called a series of "admonitions about the challenges we face moving forward."

Those admonitions will likely be squarely aimed at President-elect Donald Trump, and may include calls to celebrate America's diversity, to be more respectful of critics and, as the loyalist put it, "to strengthen and embrace our democracy."

more
http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/08/politics/ip-forecast-obama-farewell-speech-details/

I'll have my laugh track ready.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 02:31:01 pm »
I'll have my laugh track ready.

I have to watch some paint dry!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 02:40:24 pm »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 02:47:44 pm »
I have to watch some paint dry!

I'll be watching Baylor (hopefully) lose to West Virginia, which would leave Gonzaga as the last undefeated team in men's basketball. Big 12, ACC and American conferences are beastly this year, Big 10 not so much.

Gonzaga played a "secret scrimmage" with Baylor before the start of the season, ESPN insiders said it was a tie. I'd love to see a home and home with a Texas school. As a rule, we attend games within a day's drive of Irving. Christmas came early for me, my two sons and grandson joined me for a trip to Nashville for the Gonzaga-Tennessee game. Those boys won't be able to understand how special that was for me until they're fathers in their own right.

Apologies for the hijack.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 03:07:25 pm »
I would love to say, "Don't go away angry, but do go away."  But frankly, I don't give a rat's @$$ if 0bama does go away angry.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Online libertybele

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2017, 03:57:00 pm »
I would love to say, "Don't go away angry, but do go away."  But frankly, I don't give a rat's @$$ if 0bama does go away angry.

I won't be watching.  I haven't watched a single speech of Bammy's in the past 8 years and I don't see this upcoming speech any less detrimental to my health.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2017, 12:43:31 pm »
Joe Walsh ‏@WalshFreedom 8h8 hours ago

So tmrw in Chgo, when Obama says how great things are, what's the over/under on # of shootings that'll take place during his 75 min speech?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org