Author Topic: Senate Confirmation Hearings to Begin Without All Background Checks  (Read 969 times)

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
WASHINGTON — As Senate Republicans embark on a flurry of confirmation hearings this week, several of Donald J. Trump’s appointees have yet to complete the background checks and ethics clearances customarily required before the Senate begins to consider cabinet-level nominees.

Republicans, who are expected to hold up to five hearings on Wednesday alone, say they simply want to ensure that the new president has a team in place as soon as possible. “I believe all the president-elect’s cabinet appointments will be confirmed,” Senator Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, the majority leader, said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/07/us/politics/senate-confirmation-hearings-background-checks.html
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 03:26:05 pm by bigheadfred »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline bilo

Re: Senate Confirmation Hearings to Begin Without All Background Checks
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 03:33:00 pm »
Typical misinformation. The hearings are not confirmation votes and the complaints being raised are Rat operatives. Lots of noise signifying nothing.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 03:38:18 pm »
Typical misinformation. The hearings are not confirmation votes and the complaints being raised are Rat operatives. Lots of noise signifying nothing.

After the crap hillary and obama pulled, vetting, background checks, and security clearances should be a thing of the past for all politicians and government employees.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline bilo

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 03:49:27 pm »
After the crap hillary and obama pulled, vetting, background checks, and security clearances should be a thing of the past for all politicians and government employees.
:silly:

So true. The hypocrisy gets pretty tiresome to deal with. I would anticipate that the nominees that are coming from the private sector will take a little longer just because everything is geared for lifelong political people and they have much more complicated tax returns and assets. We'll see how tough the Pubs are.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2017, 03:58:40 pm »
:silly:

So true. The hypocrisy gets pretty tiresome to deal with. I would anticipate that the nominees that are coming from the private sector will take a little longer just because everything is geared for lifelong political people and they have much more complicated tax returns and assets. We'll see how tough the Pubs are.

I think trump has some good picks. I haven't looked at all of them. Sessions will get heat from the people who don't want an AG who actually does his job.

Offline bilo

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2017, 04:23:46 pm »
I think trump has some good picks. I haven't looked at all of them. Sessions will get heat from the people who don't want an AG who actually does his job.

I think you're right. The Rats should be terrified of Sessions. He will probably direct all kinds of prosecutions against local govts that don't abide by the law.

I really like the picks on the side of trade & business. They all come from the private sector and have been very successful there. It's so refreshing to not have lawyers & academics dominating the cabinet.

Wingnut

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2017, 04:32:17 pm »

I believe this stems from that Dem rat Walter M. Shaub Jr., director of the Office of Government Ethics,  sending a letter to all the Dem rat Senators.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2017, 04:38:24 pm »
I believe this stems from that Dem rat Walter M. Shaub Jr., director of the Office of Government Ethics,  sending a letter to all the Dem rat Senators.

Looks like a good call. Thanks for that info. Related:

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/12/30/507559887/u-s-ethics-chief-was-behind-those-tweets-about-trump-records-show

Wingnut