Author Topic: CBS radio report created the impression Chicago torture victim was a black man assaulted by white Trump supporters  (Read 391 times)

rangerrebew

January 8, 2017
CBS radio report created the impression Chicago torture victim was a black man assaulted by white Trump supporters
By Thomas Lifson

This may be the single most despicable act of media bias I have ever encountered.  It took a lot of effort and art for CBS Radio to put together an early report on the Chicago torture incident that was strictly factual, yet created the impression on listeners that a group of white Trump supporters had attacked a helpless mentally challenged black man.  Mediaite provides a transcript of what was reported last Thursday morning by a top-of-the hour broadcst distributed to radio stations across the country.

In the brief Thursday morning report– which attracted attention when a listener posted the clip on Reddit Friday– here’s how CBS characterized the attack:

The viral video of a beating and knife attack in Chicago suggests the assault had racial overtones. CBS’s Dean Reynolds tells us the victim is described as a mentally-challenged teenager.

In the video he is choked and repeatedly called the n-word. His clothes are slashed and he is terrorized with a knife. His alleged captors repeatedly reference Donald Trump. Police are holding four people in connection with the attack. [Emphasis added by Mediaite]

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/01/cbs_radio_report_created_the_impression_chicago_torture_victim_was_a_black_man_assaulted_by_white_trump_supporters.html#ixzz4VBItEvlv
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
In a related story former SEE BS "News" man Dan Rather to teach journalism course called "Finding the Truth in the news"!!

I kid you not!

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2017/01/07/dan-rather-to-teach-journalism-course-called-finding-the-truth-in-the-news-n2268303
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 03:13:06 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien