Author Topic: Tom Cotton: I have more faith in U.S. intelligence than people like Julian Assange  (Read 2341 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Tom Cotton: I have more faith in U.S. intelligence than people like Julian Assange

By David Sherfinski - The Washington Times - Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Sen. Tom Cotton said Wednesday he has more faith in U.S. intelligence than in people like WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, while also saying it’s important to continue asking questions about the hacking of Democratic officials’ emails.

“I have a lot more faith in intelligence officers serving around the world, very smart and experienced analysts that we have here in the nation’s capital, than I do in people like Julian Assange, I can tell you that much,” Mr. Cotton, Arkansas Republican, said on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.”

Mr. Cotton said he doesn’t dispute the intelligence community’s assessment from October that Russia was behind the hacking of Democratic officials during the presidential campaign and that the country was doing it to interfere with the U.S. elections process.

Continued: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jan/4/tom-cotton-i-have-more-faith-us-intelligence-peopl/

Tom Cotton is the real deal, taking unpopular stances, speaking up on controversial issues, served in Iraq, not like some phony baloney Senators just out seeking attention.

Offline jpsb

Tom Cotton is the real deal, taking unpopular stances, speaking up on controversial issues, served in Iraq, not like some phony baloney Senators just out seeking attention.

@TomSea

So you believe the Russians elected Trump and that he is not a legitimate President huh?

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
@TomSea

So you believe the Russians elected Trump and that he is not a legitimate President huh?

"Phony baloney Senators just out seeking attention" says he's merely perpetuating his jihad against Ted Cruz, whom he claims to have supported in the primaries.  Never mind that Cruz is irrelevant to the discussion of whether or not the Russians influenced the election, and irrelevant to Cotton's position one way or another.
James 1:20

Offline Cripplecreek

"Phony baloney Senators just out seeking attention" says he's merely perpetuating his jihad against Ted Cruz, whom he claims to have supported in the primaries.  Never mind that Cruz is irrelevant to the discussion of whether or not the Russians influenced the election, and irrelevant to Cotton's position one way or another.

I don't know about irrelevant. Ted Cruz and all other candidates who aren't Trump were targets of the Russian/Alt Right trolls going back to around March of last year.

Offline HoustonSam

I don't know about irrelevant. Ted Cruz and all other candidates who aren't Trump were targets of the Russian/Alt Right trolls going back to around March of last year.

I certainly agree that Cruz was a target of trolls, but I know of no evidence that Russians had anything to do with that, or that the Russian campaign extended farther than Trump vs Hillary.  Furthermore I reject any assertion that Trump's election is in any sense illegitimate; I do not claim that you @Cripplecreek have made such an assertion here, I just want to be clear.

In this thread I am simply suggesting a rationale for the OP.

Offline Cripplecreek

I certainly agree that Cruz was a target of trolls, but I know of no evidence that Russians had anything to do with that, or that the Russian campaign extended farther than Trump vs Hillary.  Furthermore I reject any assertion that Trump's election is in any sense illegitimate; I do not claim that you @Cripplecreek have made such an assertion here, I just want to be clear.

In this thread I am simply suggesting a rationale for the OP.

According to the report the Russian Trolls showed up in march of 2016 which was during the primary. The report doesn't say anything about who was targeted but they made up the bulk of the "alt right" which put them in the Trump camp. Beyond that no one is saying anything about the legitimacy of the Trump presidency.

Offline TomSea

Tom Cotton I'd think is probably a true Christian, one wouldn't see his campaign lying about another campaign saying "there are no answers in that book" talking about the Bible nor I doubt if one would ever catch Senator Cotton, with his experience in the Middle East start crusading about Israel to persecuted Middle Eastern Christians.

Offline TomSea

@jpsb

If one can show where Cotton said this, I'd look at it.

Does one forget, Cotton campaigned for Donald Trump and gave a speech at the convention?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 05:51:42 pm by TomSea »

Offline beandog

Tom Cotton I'd think is probably a true Christian, one wouldn't see his campaign lying about another campaign saying "there are no answers in that book" talking about the Bible nor I doubt if one would ever catch Senator Cotton, with his experience in the Middle East start crusading about Israel to persecuted Middle Eastern Christians.
Well, the one thing we all know is that you're not a "true" Christian since most of your posts are full of lies.  I don't think I'll take your word on Cotton. :silly:

Offline HoustonSam

More indirect allusions to Ted Cruz, the completely ineffective, publicity-seeking, lying, inexperienced, false Christian whom @TomSea supported and who has precisely zero relevance to the article cited at the top of this thread.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
More indirect allusions to Ted Cruz, the completely ineffective, publicity-seeking, lying, inexperienced, false Christian whom @TomSea supported and who has precisely zero relevance to the article cited at the top of this thread.

It's an unhealthy obsession.

Offline TomSea

Yep!

Offline TomSea

It's an unhealthy obsession.

Mine or theirs' !

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Well, Tom, you're the one who insists on bringing Cruz into every other topic and bashing him and then insisting that you supported him. 

Offline HoustonSam

Yep!

So how could you have been stupid enough to be duped into supporting such a reprobate, and why are you so desperate to discuss him that you post an article which has absolutely nothing to do with him and then immediately hijack the discussion topic yourself back over to the cretin who fooled you?

Offline TomSea

If a post is problematic, report it to the mods.

Cotton is ideal in this situation with real world experience, nothing wrong with saying that.

Offline TomSea

It isn't like Cruz supporters don't with regularity crash Trump threads because they consider their man so perfect. After the North Carolina shenanigans though, I had to even start doubting in Cruz.

Offline HoustonSam

If a post is problematic, report it to the mods.

Cotton is ideal in this situation with real world experience, nothing wrong with saying that.

If you want to manufacture a reason to discuss how someone made a fool of you I don't think that violates any forum rules; no cause for alerting the mods.  But it does clarify for the rest of us why you might have been susceptible to being made a fool.

If you find Cotton's input compelling then do you believe the Russians influenced the election?  That question, which in no way involves Cruz, is the subject of the article you posted.  And incidentally Cruz has also come out against Julian Assange.  Aren't you afraid Ted is duping you again?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Well, Tom, you're the one who insists on bringing Cruz into every other topic and bashing him and then insisting that you supported him.
Who knows? Maybe Ted Cruz morphed into one of the hordes of Russian trolls, chasing people with their tweets !!

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline corbe

It isn't like Cruz supporters don't with regularity crash Trump threads because they consider their man so perfect. After the North Carolina shenanigans though, I had to even start doubting in Cruz.

And all this time @TomSea I was under the impression it was the Ben Carson or Melania Spread episode that knocked Cruz off the pedestal for you. 
   My dislike for your guy does not border on obsession anymore, as your Cruz hatred seems to. 
   They have pills for that now it's called Thorazine, perhaps you should ask your Dr. 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Who knows? Maybe Ted Cruz morphed into one of the hordes of Russian trolls, chasing people with their tweets !!

:beer:

Offline Cripplecreek

:beer:

Some people seem to take great joy in denying the existence of Russian trolls and attempt an alinskyite tactic of ridicule. It doesn't work partly because its widely known they they exist and I have no intent of backing down or shutting up.

Russia used trolls as well as RT as part of its influence efforts to denigrate Secretary Clinton.
This effort amplified stories on scandals about Secretary Clinton and the role of WikiLeaks in the election campaign

The likely financier of the so called Internet Research Agency of professional trolls located
in Saint Petersburg is a close Putin ally with ties to Russian intelligence.

A journalist who is a leading expert on the Internet Research Agency claimed that some social media accounts that appear to be tied to Russia’s professional trolls because they previously were devoted to supporting Russian actions in Ukraine started to advocate for Presidentelect Trump as early as December 2015

https://www.dni.gov/files/documents/ICA_2017_01.pdf

At the end of the day, at least I know I won't betray my nation just to be cute.

HonestJohn

Some people seem to take great joy in denying the existence of Russian trolls and attempt an alinskyite tactic of ridicule. It doesn't work partly because its widely known they they exist and I have no intent of backing down or shutting up.

Russia used trolls as well as RT as part of its influence efforts to denigrate Secretary Clinton.
This effort amplified stories on scandals about Secretary Clinton and the role of WikiLeaks in the election campaign

The likely financier of the so called Internet Research Agency of professional trolls located

A journalist who is a leading expert on the Internet Research Agency claimed that some social media accounts that appear to be tied to Russia’s professional trolls because they previously were devoted to supporting Russian actions in Ukraine started to advocate for Presidentelect Trump as early as December 2015

At the end of the day, at least I know I won't betray my nation just to be cute.

But, it seems this election shows that a great deal of Republicans will.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

@Cripplecreek, back off there, big fella.  I was merely, and I think TS was too, commenting on the absurdity of Cruz being a troll or Russian spy.  Yes, I thought his comment was funny.