Author Topic: LIVE THREAD: Inauguration of the 45th President of the United States  (Read 67698 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: LIVE THREAD: Inauguration of the 45th President of the United States
« Reply #775 on: January 20, 2017, 11:24:13 pm »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #776 on: January 20, 2017, 11:25:54 pm »
I wonder how many bands..groups in parade?

Didn't count, but the complete parade list is here: http://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2017/01/12/donald-trump-inauguration-parade-performers/
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #777 on: January 20, 2017, 11:27:28 pm »
I wonder how much of that was for show? after they did find her walking alone in the woods after the elections.
I

Yeah right. A woman who once worked on one of Hillary's campaigns accidentally stumbled on her in the woods? Puleez.

That group dragging her up the steps by both arms was no show. Passing out and losing a shoe while trying to get in a van was no show. All those weird head movement and strange facial expressions was no show.

Saw her just this morning and she looked like hell. Nope. No show. She has serious health issues. IMO

You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline flowers

« Reply #778 on: January 20, 2017, 11:30:13 pm »
I

Yeah right. A woman who once worked on one of Hillary's campaigns accidentally stumbled on her in the woods? Puleez.

That group dragging her up the steps by both arms was no show. Passing out and losing a shoe while trying to get in a van was no show. All those weird head movement and strange facial expressions was no show.

Saw her just this morning and she looked like hell. Nope. No show. She has serious health issues. IMO
I guess the /s tag was needed on my post...lol

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #779 on: January 20, 2017, 11:35:18 pm »
It wasn't like they revolted... right?

Resisting  the application of tyranny and sowing mayhem and anarchy are two totally different things.

Anyone bother to really ask themselves WHY the American Revolution and the French Revolution were totally and completely different in terms of outcomes and bloodbaths?
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Puss-N-Boots

• God. Family. Seahawks!
The Constitution is not a suggestion.

Silver Pines

Silver Pines

« Reply #783 on: January 20, 2017, 11:45:23 pm »
Yep, he's working for us now. I think he'll remember that better than Obama ever did.

@Idaho_Cowboy

For the sake of the country, I hope you're right.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #784 on: January 20, 2017, 11:50:02 pm »
Resisting  the application of tyranny and sowing mayhem and anarchy are two totally different things.

Anyone bother to really ask themselves WHY the American Revolution and the French Revolution were totally and completely different in terms of outcomes and bloodbaths?

Because you weren't worth the cost of fighting for long, being a perpetual net loss to the kingdom.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Quix

• Times R a changin' Walk with God!
Forgive all; In all things Thank God; Love all. Love 1st, most & always... BE CALM & DO THE NEXT LOVING THING.
POTTERY SITE ON ETSY: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ACTIVELOVE
QUIX thread for Quix GLOBALISM, UFO ETC topics here:http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=206517.new#new WILLIAM TOMPKINS Disclosure bk thread: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,224639.0.html . Calling: To afflict the comfortable & comfort the afflicted[/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #786 on: January 21, 2017, 12:02:35 am »
I think the Colonists just chucked all the tea in the harbor.

They did not burn ships and wagons and shut down the streets and commerce in their protest against tyranny - which these snowflakes today have never suffered.
Maryland had a tea party where they didn't dress up as Indians, they just burned the tea ships to the waterline. But neither the MD or the Boston Tea Party crews got paid to be there...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #787 on: January 21, 2017, 12:09:15 am »

One was a Revolution bent on addressing specific grievances with an eye toward finding a solution. That solution turned out to be independence, and was thought out by educated men who looked to build something and who had skin in the game.

The French Revolution was largely an angry mob of have-nots who resented those (often ridiculously) more prosperous and were as much or more engaged to take that from them (loot) and get even.
Building a replacement for the system they broke was not first and foremost in the minds of many who were fighting, just their anger and envy.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #788 on: January 21, 2017, 12:32:49 am »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #789 on: January 21, 2017, 12:34:34 am »
We celebrated a little (note the label on the sparkling wine).  ^-^
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

geronl

« Reply #790 on: January 21, 2017, 12:38:06 am »
I think the Colonists just chucked all the tea in the harbor.

They did not burn ships and wagons and shut down the streets and commerce in their protest against tyranny - which these snowflakes today have never suffered.

No and they came back and cleaned up after themselves.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #791 on: January 21, 2017, 12:55:53 am »
We celebrated a little (note the label on the sparkling wine).  ^-^

Very fitting.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Online corbe

« Reply #792 on: January 21, 2017, 01:18:09 am »
  That must have been tough for obummer to sit through 8 prayers.  Why 2 Bibles for Trump, he couldn't make up his mind or does it mean something about redemption I'm not getting, here's how many hellary would have brought and it wouldn't have mattered either, IMHO.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #793 on: January 21, 2017, 01:21:25 am »
As someone who did not vote for Donald Trump, I thought his speech today spoke from the very heart of Conservatism.  Despite what he has said in the past, if he follows through with what he said today, he has my full support.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #794 on: January 21, 2017, 01:26:41 am »
  That must have been tough for obummer to sit through 8 prayers.  Why 2 Bibles for Trump, he couldn't make up his mind or does it mean something about redemption I'm not getting, here's how many hellary would have brought and it wouldn't have mattered either, IMHO.
One was A. Lincoln's Bible. The other was Trump's Bible.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #795 on: January 21, 2017, 01:28:35 am »
As someone who did not vote for Donald Trump, I thought his speech today spoke from the very heart of Conservatism.  Despite what he has said in the past, if he follows through with what he said today, he has my full support.

Talk is cheap.

Know a man by his deeds.

Trump may govern as a conservative.  He may pay fealty to the conservatives who choked down the bile and voted for him.

But by his life's history he is NOT a conservative.

Conservatism is not something you put on this morning, like a clean shirt.  It's a political philosophy; it's a set of beliefs as regards politics, as regard the role of government in the lives of free men.

We shall see...we shall see.  I'll applaud him when he's right; but I will never, EVER trust him.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #796 on: January 21, 2017, 01:30:54 am »

Thanks for all your reports today
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #797 on: January 21, 2017, 01:34:31 am »

Welcome, aboard, @Hoodat    :beer:

While everything President Trump does will not be enough to make all Conservatives satisfied....EVERYTHING he will do will be rooted in Conservatism.   It's just a matter of degree.

He promised to be the champion of ALL the People.

Like you said.....we need to give him a chance.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #798 on: January 21, 2017, 01:38:44 am »
Freepers on FB are skewering Jimrob big time over Fr being down. Questioning where all their donation money is going. Pi$$ed off big time

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #799 on: January 21, 2017, 01:46:47 am »
Freepers on FB are skewering Jimrob big time over Fr being down. Questioning where all their donation money is going. Pi$$ed off big time

I deleted my response to you.  Sorry.

This isn't the thread to discuss TOS's issues.

Let's get back on topic.    There's Melania's and Ivanka's gowns to discuss.