Author Topic: 6 Dead After Truck Collides With Anti-Trump Protesters On Freeway  (Read 3541 times)

rangerrebew

Saturday, January 7, 2017
6 Dead After Truck Collides With Anti-Trump Protesters On Freeway

A 32-year old hero driving a Waldrum Brother’s delivery truck is responsible for the death of 6 Anti-Trump protesters that were blocking traffic while chanting “Dump Trump” in the middle of a Seattle freeway.

The accident occurred near an I-15 off-ramp today around 5:15 PM. According to witnesses, a crowd of approximately 16 individuals pulled their vehicles to the side of the freeway and created a barricade by linking their arms together.

The protester’s actions immediately hindered the flow of traffic and motorists became upset at what many of them viewed as an unwanted obstacle preventing them from getting home after a long day at work. A few of the protesters were seen holding signs that read – “Not My President” or “Love Trumps Hate” and all protesters were chanting – “Dump Trump”.

http://ninetymilesfromtyranny.blogspot.com/2017/01/6-dead-after-truck-collides-with-anti.html
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 03:27:42 pm by rangerrebew »

Wingnut

Re: 6 Dead After Truck Collides With Anti-Trump Protesters On Freeway
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 03:28:12 pm »
CLAIM: Six anti-Trump protesters were killed by a truck in the course of demonstrating on a freeway.

FALSE
ORIGIN:On 4 January 2017 the Seattle Tribune web site published an article reporting that six individuals protesting the election of Donald Trump were killed in the course of blocking a freeway:

A 32-year old man driving a Waldrum Brother’s delivery truck is responsible for the death of 6 Anti-Trump protesters that were blocking traffic while chanting “Dump Trump” in the middle of a Seattle freeway.

The accident occurred near an I-15 off-ramp today around 5:15 PM. According to witnesses, a crowd of approximately 16 individuals pulled their vehicles to the side of the freeway and created a barricade by linking their arms together.

The protester’s actions immediately hindered the flow of traffic and motorists became upset at what many of them viewed as an unwanted obstacle preventing them from getting home after a long day at work.

Although the Seattle Tribune appears to be the digital edition of a real city newspaper, it is simply one of many fake news sites (along with the Boston Tribune and the Baltimore Gazette) that mimics the appearance of real metropolitan news outlets in order to spread hoaxes and generate ad revenue. The Seattle Tribune is the latest front employed by the well known fake news purveyor Associated Media Coverage:

the seattle tribune fake news
A number of fellow fake news or "satire" sites feature disclaimers informing readers their articles are fabricated, but Associated Media Coverage (and the Seattle Tribune) do not.

Although the photograph used with the fake Seattle Tribune article was captioned "Delivery truck collides with protesters chanting 'Dump Trump' in the middle of the freeway," the image was published as early as October 2016 and was unrelated to any incident involving anti-Trump protesters killed by a truck while blocking a freeway.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 03:29:06 pm by Wingnut »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 03:45:50 pm »
Do you mean I should be skeptical if I see a story from the Des Moines World Tribune?

Offline jpsb

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 03:46:31 pm »
CLAIM: Six anti-Trump protesters were killed by a truck in the course of demonstrating on a freeway.

FALSE

Thanks, I thought the article was fake. I googled the name of the driver and got zilch. You confirm Fake News.

Wingnut

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 03:48:26 pm »
Thanks, I thought the article was fake. I googled the name of the driver and got zilch. You confirm Fake News.

It didn't pass the smell test.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017, 04:00:28 pm »
More fake news from @rangerrebew .

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017, 04:27:44 pm »
Do you mean I should be skeptical if I see a story from the Des Moines World Tribune?

I'm even skeptical when it comes from the Des Moines Register.
The Republic is lost.

Wingnut

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2017, 06:12:12 pm »
More fake news from @rangerrebew .

He posts a lot of stuff as a public service.  Most not fake.  Some sneaks thu.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2017, 06:15:19 pm »
It didn't pass the smell test.

I think the part where they referred to the driver as a hero in the first sentence was a bit of a clue.

Wingnut

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2017, 06:19:29 pm »
I think the part where they referred to the driver as a hero in the first sentence was a bit of a clue.

Well, there was that too!

HonestJohn

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2017, 08:29:29 pm »

FALSE
ORIGIN:On 4 January 2017 the Seattle Tribune web site published an article reporting that six individuals protesting the election of Donald Trump were killed in the course of blocking a freeway:

A 32-year old man driving a Waldrum Brother’s delivery truck is responsible for the death of 6 Anti-Trump protesters that were blocking traffic while chanting “Dump Trump” in the middle of a Seattle freeway.

The protester’s actions immediately hindered the flow of traffic and motorists became upset at what many of them viewed as an unwanted obstacle preventing them from getting home after a long day at work.

Although the Seattle Tribune appears to be the digital edition of a real city newspaper, it is simply one of many fake news sites (along with the Boston Tribune and the Baltimore Gazette) that mimics the appearance of real metropolitan news outlets in order to spread hoaxes and generate ad revenue. The Seattle Tribune is the latest front employed by the well known fake news purveyor Associated Media Coverage:

the seattle tribune fake news
A number of fellow fake news or "satire" sites feature disclaimers informing readers their articles are fabricated, but Associated Media Coverage (and the Seattle Tribune) do not.

Although the photograph used with the fake Seattle Tribune article was captioned "Delivery truck collides with protesters chanting 'Dump Trump' in the middle of the freeway," the image was published as early as October 2016 and was unrelated to any incident involving anti-Trump protesters killed by a truck while blocking a freeway.

Was this from Snopes?

I wonder if the nutcases who immediately dismiss Snopes will suddenly pop up and screech that this really did happen?

Wingnut

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2017, 08:42:03 pm »
Was this from Snopes?

It was the one I cut and Pasted from.  There where others debunking it too.

HonestJohn

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2017, 08:51:21 pm »
It was the one I cut and Pasted from.  There where others debunking it too.

It wasn't a dig at Snopes, but at those so insane as to discount the site because they disagree with it's founders ideology.  As if that has bearing on the accuracy of the thousands of it's independent contributors.

Wingnut

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2017, 09:17:15 pm »
It wasn't a dig at Snopes, but at those so insane as to discount the site because they disagree with it's founders ideology.  As if that has bearing on the accuracy of the thousands of it's independent contributors.

888high58888

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2017, 09:29:22 pm »
I live just outside of Seattle, you think I would have heard this on the news here. Nope.....Fake story.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn