Author Topic: Yonkers students rack up $809,000 in unpaid lunch tabs in single school year  (Read 550 times)

rangerrebew

Yonkers students rack up $809,000 in unpaid lunch tabs in single school year
January 3, 2017
By Victor Skinner

YONKERS, N.Y. – Patricia Meyer, food services director for Yonkers schools, describes the district’s problem with unpaid student lunch tabs as “a runaway train.”

Yonkers students racked up $809,000 in unpaid meals last school year, and this year’s debt is 22 percent higher, she told The Journal News.yonkerslunch

“I liken it to a runaway train,” she said, adding that each unpaid lunch costs Yonkers taxpayers 97 cents. “I don’t know how much longer we can keep covering 97 cents when that number of students aren’t filling out the paperwork and bringing their money.”

Last year, 94 students in the district accumulated unpaid lunch tabs of more than $1,000. A few others owed more than $2,000, according to the news site.

http://eagnews.org/yonkers-students-rack-up-809000-in-unpaid-lunch-tabs-in-single-school-year/
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 01:48:30 pm by rangerrebew »

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Yonkers students rack up $809,000 in unpaid lunch tabs in single school year
January 3, 2017
By Victor Skinner

YONKERS, N.Y. – Patricia Meyer, food services director for Yonkers schools, describes the district’s problem with unpaid student lunch tabs as “a runaway train.”

Yonkers students racked up $809,000 in unpaid meals last school year, and this year’s debt is 22 percent higher, she told The Journal News.yonkerslunch

“I liken it to a runaway train,” she said, adding that each unpaid lunch costs Yonkers taxpayers 97 cents. “I don’t know how much longer we can keep covering 97 cents when that number of students aren’t filling out the paperwork and bringing their money.”

Last year, 94 students in the district accumulated unpaid lunch tabs of more than $1,000. A few others owed more than $2,000, according to the news site.

http://eagnews.org/yonkers-students-rack-up-809000-in-unpaid-lunch-tabs-in-single-school-year/
Really? When I was a kid they had a perfect answer and solution for this, no money no lunch.

Wingnut

Whoever said: "There is No free Lunch" ... Never lived in the liberal Hell called NYC and it's surrounding sewers