Author Topic: Paul Ryan Just Surrendered On Two Big Issues  (Read 411 times)

Offline corbe

Paul Ryan Just Surrendered On Two Big Issues
« on: January 06, 2017, 07:24:31 pm »
Paul Ryan Just Surrendered On Two Big Issues

Paul Ryan’s career has been defined by his support for two major issues – amnesty and globalist trade deals.
Many have wondered how he would proceed on those fronts in the age of Trump.
And Paul Ryan has given his answer.
But it was not one many were expecting.
Donald Trump won the Presidency on his “America First” message.
The two pillars underpinning this theme were opposition to illegal immigration and opposition to global trade deals.
Trump argued open borders on immigration and trade undermined American workers and American sovereignty.
He pledged to build a wall along the Mexican border, oppose amnesty, and pull the United States out of multi-lateral trade deals.
Many conservatives were worried that, as Speaker of the House, Ryan would try and end-run Trump by supporting amnesty legislation and revive the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP).
But Texas Congressman Louie Gohmert revealed Ryan pledged to him he would not to move on either of those fronts.
Breitbart reports:

“House Speaker Paul Ryan and I had two substantive private discussions on the legislative agenda for the 115th Congress and came to an understanding,” Gohmert told Breitbart News.

One Ryan promise that won his vote, said Gohmert, was Ryan’s support for the Hastert Rule, which forbids the House Republican leadership from holding votes on bills that are not supported by the majority of the House Republican Conference. That rules prevents the GOP leadership from quietly working with Democratic leaders to bypass conservatives in the GOP caucus.

<..snip..>

http://www.americanpatriotdaily.com/latest/paul-ryan-just-surrendered-on-two-big-issues/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Paul Ryan Just Surrendered On Two Big Issues
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 07:29:32 pm »

Ryan is not to be trusted. Why his colleagues voted him again as Speaker, eludes me.

Oh wait. It has come to me. They voted him back again, because they WANT him and his deals, in order to help their own interests.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline corbe

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 07:30:47 pm »
   We all remember when Boehner promised to continue the 'Hastert Rule' only to prove what a liar he was shortly after the words crossed his lips.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 07:34:29 pm »
Ryan is not to be trusted. Why his colleagues voted him again as Speaker, eludes me.

Oh wait. It has come to me. They voted him back again, because they WANT him and his deals, in order to help their own interests.

His only Republican opposition was the Freedom Caucus (last remnants of the Tea Party) and he bought them off in the last election cycle with political donations and significant committee assignments. Problem solved.