Author Topic: Trump is having a tweet meltdown about the intelligence report he’s getting tomorrow  (Read 7623 times)

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon

I agree! I volunteer you for the job!  :smokin:

@Bigun

Oh, please send him to my house, lol.

Offline corbe

@Bigun

Oh, please send him to my house, lol.

If you kill him you BOTH lose your twitter privileges.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Silver Pines

Really? The guy that's going to be President next week by beating one of the biggest political machines in history needs a talking too?

That's like pulling Joe Nemeth off the field in the '69 Super Bowl and telling him he looks bad in fur coats.

@Frank Cannon

Sure he does.  Trump isn't a king who deserves deference from the unwashed.  It might even do him good to hear from someone other than a yes man.

And from the pics I've seen of Namath in fur, somebody should've clued him in that pimp chic isn't all that chic.   ^-^

Offline musiclady

Really? The guy that's going to be President next week by beating one of the biggest political machines in history needs a talking too?

That's like pulling Joe Nemeth off the field in the '69 Super Bowl and telling him he looks bad in fur coats.

The difference is that Joe actually knew how to play football........
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Silver Pines

@corbe

Lol

I promise nothing like that will happen.  I'll just tie him to a chair and make him listen.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

A most excellent point!   888high58888
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

HonestJohn

But you can bring him back as a zombie.  He'll probably gain 40 IQ points in the process.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Nope! I don't have any!   :tongue2:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
A most excellent point!   888high58888
Really? Joe knew how to win football games, and Trump won his first election.

Not different, but the SAME.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

Not even close to the same.

Joe was a great football player whose history in actually playing football earned him the respect he was given.

Donnie ran against the worst candidate in recent electoral history, on a bunch of promises he didn't even mean, touting policies he doesn't believe in, and pretending to be something he isn't even close to being.

The two situations aren't even remotely similar.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Not even close to the same.

Joe was a great football player whose history in actually playing football earned him the respect he was given.

Donnie ran against the worst candidate in recent electoral history, on a bunch of promises he didn't even mean, touting policies he doesn't believe in, and pretending to be something he isn't even close to being.

The two situations aren't even remotely similar.

A football player doesn't rely on the gullibility and stupidity of his fans to win a football game.

Offline Frank Cannon

I don't know. It looks to me like Donny knows what he is doing too. He has Carrier and Ford doing what he said he wanted them to do, China with their panties in a bunch and Obama having a daily meltdown. All this and he isn't even President yet.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Bigun

Trump needs a verbal shake....someone needs to take him aside and tell him some harsh truths about himself.

Yeah, like that's going to happen now that he's been elected.   :nono:

Offline musiclady

I don't know. It looks to me like Donny knows what he is doing too. He has Carrier and Ford doing what he said he wanted them to do, China with their panties in a bunch and Obama having a daily meltdown. All this and he isn't even President yet.

And none of that has any bearing on his qualifications to be President, nor the job he will do when he actually has the job.

Right now he's relying on chutzpah and tweeting.  Leading a nation as it deals with its problems, and leading the world are quite a different scenario.

Besides which, Namath knew the rules of the game.  Donald hasn't got a clue as to what his job description really is, or how the Constitution works.

Joe Namath had a proven record.

Trump doesn't.

The parallel isn't valid by any stretch of the imagination.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 09:43:04 pm by musiclady »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
And none of that has any bearing on his qualifications to be President, nor the job he will do when he actually has the job.

Right now he's relying on chutzpah and tweeting.  Leading a nation as it deals with its problems, and leading the world are quite a different scenario.

Besides which, Namath knew the rules of the game.  Donald hasn't got a clue as to what his job description really is, or how the Constitution works.

Trump doesn't.

Joe Namath was the original "skirt chaser".   "Broadway Joe" mean anything to you?   He also was a braggart...."I GUARANTEE WE'LL BEAT THE COLTS!"   And very ostentatious ....full length mink coats.

Keep trying, @musiclady     :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

Joe Namath was the original "skirt chaser".   "Broadway Joe" mean anything to you?   He also was a braggart...."I GUARANTEE WE'LL BEAT THE COLTS!"   And very ostentatious ....full length mink coats.

Keep trying, @musiclady     :laugh:

Joe Namath could play football.

Donald Trump may end up being a mediocre president, but it has nothing to do with being qualified.

Neither of them are men of character.   But only one was qualified for his job.

And it ain't your beloved Donnie....   :smokin:

Silver Pines

Yeah, like that's going to happen now that he's been elected.   :nono:

@Sanguine

Oh, I know the chances of it happening are slim, none, and what-a-joke.

Online DCPatriot

Joe Namath could play football.

Donald Trump may end up being a mediocre president, but it has nothing to do with being qualified.

Neither of them are men of character.   But only one was qualified for his job.

And it ain't your beloved Donnie....   :smokin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iwBM_YB1sE
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Wingnut

Says the trump pimp.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 12:04:23 am by Wingnut »

Online DCPatriot

The hounded and 'tortured' George W Bush because he took the Intelligence Reports on WMDs in Iraq as gospel, and acted on it.

Now the same SOBs in the media are hounding Donald Trump for NOT accepting their report as gospel.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@CatherineofAragon

I agree! I volunteer you for the job!  :smokin:

No.  Trump will respond to any sort of insult with vengeance.

He needs to be flattered and cajoled into doing the right thing.  Any volunteers for that job?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Trump doesn't.

Okay, leaving Joe out of the equation entirely, I'm not sure Trump's tweets are doing him much harm now.

The people who are most annoyed with them hated him already and he has zealots in his fan club who love every word he tweets.

Plus, his tweets get lots of attention and, like it or not, get his message out.

A lot of people don't tweet or follow twitter.  I don't.  But the media reports every tweet Trump makes.  They can't help it.  They think they are hurting him, but anyway, they know people are interested.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Does anyone know if Joe Namath ever tweeted?

Offline musiclady

Okay, leaving Joe out of the equation entirely, I'm not sure Trump's tweets are doing him much harm now.

The people who are most annoyed with them hated him already and he has zealots in his fan club who love every word he tweets.

Plus, his tweets get lots of attention and, like it or not, get his message out.

A lot of people don't tweet or follow twitter.  I don't.  But the media reports every tweet Trump makes.  They can't help it.  They think they are hurting him, but anyway, they know people are interested.

Nothing will do any harm to Trump in the hearts of his devotees.

But his adolescent tweets will continue to do harm to the majority of Americans who actually want an adult to be President.

It's been 8 years since we had a grown up in the WH, and it will be at least 4 more before it happens again......   **nononono*