Author Topic: Ted Cruz: Trump Is Filling His Cabinet With Conservative ‘All-Stars’ [AUDIO]  (Read 4141 times)

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon

I'm over a lot of things the biggest of which is my 40+ year long devotion to the national Republican Party.  After what I saw them pull last year at the convention I will NEVER have anything else to do with them. Having said that I am now in the position of HAVING to wish president elect Trump well. I hope he turns out to be the best president of my considerably long lifetime and that everything I said about him turns out to have been entirely wrong. We will see!

@Bigun

Yes, I completely agree with you about the Republican party. 

For the sake of the country, I hope Trump turns out to be a good president and if he does, I'll say I was wrong, too.  But I have to operate from a basis of reality, from what I know about him, what I've seen, and what I'm seeing now.  In view of that, do I expect great things from him?  Well, no.  And that's fine.  None of us owes any politician our support.  As public servants, they have to prove themselves. 

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jpsb

I'm having trouble assimilating to the Trump Train. Last week RIV and DC told me Teds a lying creep. Now he is THE authority on things. I gotta get this figured out.

Liars do not always lie, quite often they tell the truth. Ted pretty much tells the truth, except when he discovers that the truth does not work for him then tries to cover his behind with lies. Ted wants to be a player so he is sending big fat wet ones Trumps' way.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

@Bigun

Yes, I completely agree with you about the Republican party. 

For the sake of the country, I hope Trump turns out to be a good president and if he does, I'll say I was wrong, too.  But I have to operate from a basis of reality, from what I know about him, what I've seen, and what I'm seeing now.  In view of that, do I expect great things from him?  Well, no.  And that's fine.  None of us owes any politician our support.  As public servants, they have to prove themselves.

@CatherineofAragon   

I think you and I are pretty much on the same page.  :beer:

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Liars do not always lie, quite often they tell the truth. Ted pretty much tells the truth, except when he discovers that the truth does not work for him then tries to cover his behind with lies. Ted wants to be a player so he is sending big fat wet ones Trumps' way.

Why don't you go play in the street or something?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
It's not a surprise really, Cruz campaigned with Trump and Cruz revised his immigration policy that made it closer to Trump's policy.

Santorum's immigration policy actually pre-dates both of their's.

Offline skeeter

@CatherineofAragon

I'm over a lot of things the biggest of which is my 40+ year long devotion to the national Republican Party.  After what I saw them pull last year at the convention I will NEVER have anything else to do with them. Having said that I am now in the position of HAVING to wish president elect Trump well. I hope he turns out to be the best president of my considerably long lifetime and that everything I said about him turns out to have been entirely wrong. We will see!

Jeez, dont remind me - I just get angry all over again.

But yes, like you I'll be 'chuffed to bits' if Trump delivers on half of what he's promised.

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon

I'm well aware that SOME of 'you' are coming around.   It's why I'm trying to have civil discussion(s) on the forum with you.

My only point was that I have never bad-mouthed Ted Cruz in here.   Not even when Trump and Cruz went mano-y-mano.  And yet, the first impulse is to 'fight'.    Ya'll STILL have a lot of work to do, IMHO.

Cruz has said that he isn't interested in being a Supreme Court justice.  However, Shannon Bream on Twitter said that Mike Lee, who is on Trump's list, says that he would serve.

And whether he accepts Trump's offer, should it come...of course is up to Ted.   He'd make a terrific Scalia replacement.

@DCPatriot

He would, no doubt.  I think Mike Lee would be as good, though.

But.."coming around?"  "Have a lot of work to do?"  What does that mean, exactly? 

If it means you think we need to get on the Trump train, that's not happening.  Trump is the one with a lot of work to do.  He's an employee of the people now.  He needs to prove himself and he needs to produce. 

Silver Pines

It's not a surprise really, Cruz campaigned with Trump and Cruz revised his immigration policy that made it closer to Trump's policy.

@TomSea

Why did you support Cruz for so long, then? 

Offline jpsb

@DCPatriot

For the record, DC, the majority of us are very much over the primaries.  They're so far back in our rear windows that we can't see them.  It isn't about defending Cruz and it hasn't been since May of last year.  However, we intend to hold Trump, who is a public servant now, responsible for his decisions and his actions.  If he does the right thing, he'll get the credit.  If he screws up, he'll get criticism.  It's about him now, not Ted.

Cruz has said that he isn't interested in being a Supreme Court justice.  However, Shannon Bream on Twitter said that Mike Lee, who is on Trump's list, says that he would serve.

@CatherineofAragon

Senator Mike Lee is NeverTurmp so he'll not be nominated for anything. Now his brother is a respected judge but I doubt Trump would have anything to do with that family after being repeatedly attacked by Cruzs' best bud in the Senate, Mike Lee.

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon   

I think you and I are pretty much on the same page.  :beer:

@Bigun

:beer:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
....and the CEO of a fast-food chain that pays the vast majority of its employees minimum wage as Labor Secretary.

Why does that make him a bad/corrupt choice?  He's been successful in his industry, and likely has a tremendous understanding of how government regulation/mandates affect labor costs and the ability of a business to succeed and hire more employees.  The fact that his industry uses primarily low/unskilled labor doesn't make it illegitimate or corrupt, and he certainly employees large numbers of people who make substantially more than that as well.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 03:53:19 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

@TomSea

Why did you support Cruz for so long, then?

I believe like many, I had doubts on Trump. But once it was clear that he was going to be the nominee, I was able to get on board.

That said, I could see the appeal early on, on Trump's speeches. Maybe if I knew pro-Trump types during the primary season, they could have convinced me to get on board.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 03:29:22 pm by TomSea »

Offline Lando Lincoln

@CatherineofAragon

You and me both brother.  I want to be his biggest cheerleader in a couple years.  Sooner works too.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline jpsb

@DCPatriot

And whether he accepts Trump's offer, should it come...of course is up to Ted.   He'd make a terrific Scalia replacement.

If Cruz can't even get something a simple as Natural Born Citizen right I do not think he can be counted on to defend the meaning of our Constitution.

Offline Lando Lincoln

You and me both brother.  I want to be his biggest cheerleader in a couple years.  Sooner works too.

Can I use the word "sooner" when responding to a Texan? 
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 03:37:43 pm by Lando Lincoln »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline jpsb

Why don't you go play in the street or something?

And you no doubt think you are the clever adult here. LOL, too funny.

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon

Senator Mike Lee is NeverTurmp so he'll not be nominated for anything. Now his brother is a respected judge but I doubt Trump would have anything to do with that family after being repeatedly attacked by Cruzs' best bud in the Senate, Mike Lee.

@jpsb

If so, Trump is a pouty, petulant, thin-skinned child who is completely unfit to lead the country.  It isn't about whether one is a member of the Trump fan club. If, as you speculate, Lee would not be considered, Trump better get over his damn self, and quick.

Offline libertybele

In my books, the truth is the truth.  Pretty much telling the truth doesn't cut it.  You are entitled to your opinion, I hold Cruz in utmost esteem because of his integrity. I get that his own party hates him and calls him a Whacko Bird; quite frankly that only reaffirms my support for him.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Can I use the word "sooner" when responding to a Texan?

Just this once!   :chairbang:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
And you no doubt think you are the clever adult here. LOL, too funny.

Yeah! You certainly are too funny!  NOT! 

You seem to be one of those people Renauldus Maximus was talking about! YOU know! The ones who know so much that is all wrong!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
@jpsb

If so, Trump is a pouty, petulant, thin-skinned child who is completely unfit to lead the country.  It isn't about whether one is a member of the Trump fan club. If, as you speculate, Lee would not be considered, Trump better get over his damn self, and quick.

I doubt most of the Trump cabinet will be there in 4 years anyway. I think most will bail when the realize that they were picked to cover Trump's butt and take his blame.

Offline corbe

If Cruz can't even get something a simple as Natural Born Citizen right I do not think he can be counted on to defend the meaning of our Constitution.

@jpsb (JustPost$hitBecause)

I try and pretend that Cruz won the Election and Trump tweeted that 'Cruz is filling his cabinet with Conservative All-Stars'  (I know bear with me here), I really doubt that Cruzers would be attacking Trump about his infantile behavior, because it wouldn't matter to anyone (but you) what the h3ll a NY Liberal has to say about anything.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

Wow. What a qualifier. I'll be sure to contact you if Ted says anything in the future to let me know if he is lyin' or not.

Offline libertybele

Wow, you are just a plethora of false information; back to 'ignore' I see.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.