Author Topic: 2 people call for help after losing borrowed truck in Michigan wilderness  (Read 625 times)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
NEWBERRY, MI - Dude, where's my truck?

Something along those lines had to have been uttered when two people ventured into the Upper Peninsula wilderness, only to lose the truck they got there in.

According to a late December report from the Michigan Department of Natural Resources, Conservation Officer Michael Evink and U.S. Forest Service LEO Dave Tembruell of the DNR's District 2 responded to a complaint of a lost truck in the forest.

Two people had apparently borrowed the truck so they could cut Christmas tree boughs. However, at some point they became separated from their vehicle and were unable to locate it.

The two people were eventually recovered, according to the report, but the vehicle is still lost.

The DNR's District 2 covers the Eastern U.P. in Alger, Chippewa, Delta, Mackinac, Luce and Schoolcraft counties.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2017/01/2_people_call_for_help_after_l.html

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I've been in similar situations up that way but never called for help.

I knew where the truck was but didn't know where it was in relative to my location. I walked out of the woods in a guy's back yard and asked him. I was nearly 25 miles away by road but only about a mile as the crow flies. He pointed out a couple of hills where the road would be and sent me on my way. (I was looking at the ground for mushrooms and not paying atention to where I was)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I've been in similar situations up that way but never called for help.

I knew where the truck was but didn't know where it was in relative to my location. I walked out of the woods in a guy's back yard and asked him. I was nearly 25 miles away by road but only about a mile as the crow flies. He pointed out a couple of hills where the road would be and sent me on my way. (I was looking at the ground for mushrooms and not paying atention to where I was)

I knew a couple of guys who lost a borrowed truck.  Six wheel stock type truck. They borrowed it to haul some firewood out of a fire killed area on top of a mountain. Got a big load on and stopped on top and got out to admire the view. Didn't set the brake and the truck when rolling away. Not many trees on that side to stop it. They said it flipped and rolled all the way to the bottom. Flinging blocked firewood like confetti.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley