Author Topic: Chuck Schumer's tirade  (Read 403 times)

Offline pjohns

Chuck Schumer's tirade
« on: January 04, 2017, 06:02:47 pm »
The new Minority Leader, Chuck Schumer, just yesterday lit into Donald Trump with some simply astounding words!

He began his tirade with the revealing words, "With all due respect."  And I have never yet heard those words without also hearing something to follow that entirely vitiated that perfunctory reference to "respect."

Next, he announced that this country "cannot afford a Twitter presidency"--an apparent reference to the fact that Donald Trump often tweets his thoughts. 

And he further warned of an impending "failed presidency,"  due to Trump's cabinet selections.

I have never in my life seen such utter confrontation from a Minority Leader (or a Majority Leader, either) toward an incoming president of the other party.

Does anyone else see a total lack of civility in this?

Offline Night Hides Not

Re: Chuck Schumer's tirade
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 06:32:22 pm »
The new Minority Leader, Chuck Schumer, just yesterday lit into Donald Trump with some simply astounding words!

He began his tirade with the revealing words, "With all due respect."  And I have never yet heard those words without also hearing something to follow that entirely vitiated that perfunctory reference to "respect."

Next, he announced that this country "cannot afford a Twitter presidency"--an apparent reference to the fact that Donald Trump often tweets his thoughts. 

And he further warned of an impending "failed presidency,"  due to Trump's cabinet selections.

I have never in my life seen such utter confrontation from a Minority Leader (or a Majority Leader, either) toward an incoming president of the other party.

Does anyone else see a total lack of civility in this?

Perhaps Chuckie just saw Talladega Nights, and was channeling Ricky Bobby.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 06:40:19 pm »
Chucky is auditioning for SNL.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 07:21:23 pm »
This entire Chicken Little routine by the left is great for us.  It sets the bar very low for Republicans, and as long as the world doesn't explode/implode, we'll look pretty good.  And the expectations that something horrible will happen may give Congress room to enact some significant reforms/new legislation that normally might get derailed.