Author Topic: Schumer: GOP wants to 'Make America Sick Again'  (Read 1861 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Schumer: GOP wants to 'Make America Sick Again'
« on: January 04, 2017, 02:36:03 pm »
Schumer: GOP wants to 'Make America Sick Again'
By Mallory Shelbourne - 01/04/17 08:42 AM EST

New Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) says Republicans want to “Make America Sick Again” by trying to repeal the Affordable Care Act.

"It will create chaos. Because you cannot repeal a plan and put nothing in its place. It doesn’t matter if you say the repeal won’t take place for year or two years,” Schumer told Politico Playbook in an interview Wednesday.

Schumer, who is replacing former Sen. Harry Reid (D-Nev.) as the top Democrat in Congress, said Democrats will use the "Make America Sick Again" slogan in healthcare rallies across the country. The line is a take-off of President-elect Donald Trump's "Make America Great Again" campaign tagline.

more
http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/312621-schumer-gop-wants-to-make-america-sick-again
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Re: Schumer: GOP wants to 'Make America Sick Again'
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 03:41:10 pm »
Idiot. Health insurance was available before Obamacare.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 03:47:33 pm »
Well, is anyone going to respond to this noxious blowhard?

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 03:57:24 pm »
This is an excellent example of why entitlement programs are nearly impossible to repeal. Their proponents are easily able to vilify reformers and repeal supporters for "taking away" a benefit that the government most often had no right to grant in the first place. 

How long before we see all manner of new television ads featuring evil, hardhearted GOP bastards gleefully rolling sweet old Granny's wheelchair over the cliff while they light their $20 cigars with her Social Security checks....
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2017, 05:50:57 pm »
Well, is anyone going to respond to this noxious blowhard?

Let him speak.  I hope the networks put his oily head front & center daily, with a (D) in the title bar.   Sheldon Whitehouse needs more airtime as well.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 06:04:41 pm »
Idiot. Health insurance was available before Obamacare.

Yes, but it wasn't "free."

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017, 06:09:21 pm »
Yes, but it wasn't "free."
It still isn't, but like a bad Kurt Vonnegut story, the government now demands you pay for it whether you buy it or not.

Unless, of course, you qualify for Medicaid.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2017, 07:00:58 pm »
"It will create chaos. Because you cannot repeal a plan and put nothing in its place. It doesn’t matter if you say the repeal won’t take place for year or two years,” Schumer told Politico Playbook in an interview Wednesday.

In reality, you can do exactly that.  If they repeal Obamacare and put nothing in its place, the market will swiftly address the change.  Especially if they further repeal the limitation against health insurance sales across state lines.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2017, 07:34:37 pm »
Let him speak.  I hope the networks put his oily head front & center daily, with a (D) in the title bar.   Sheldon Whitehouse needs more airtime as well.

Agree, Schumer makes a great visual - for us.

But still I hate to hear his garbage go pretty much unchallenged. No need for tit for tat insults, but these democrat leaders take every side of every issue depending upon whats politically expedient at the time. Can't anyone call them to account for their own words?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2017, 07:36:20 pm »

In reality, you can do exactly that.  If they repeal Obamacare and put nothing in its place, the market will swiftly address the change.  Especially if they further repeal the limitation against health insurance sales across state lines.

Exactly right. The beauty of a free market system is if there's a buck to be made things will find their own level and order will result.

Clearly its government meddling that causes chaos.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2017, 03:26:55 am »
Look at them all through the darkness I'm bringing! They're not sad at all, they're actually singing! They sing without juicers! They sing without blenders! They sing without flunjers, capdabblers, and smendlers!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2017, 03:54:51 am »
 :silly:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org