Author Topic: Pop Singer Rebecca Ferguson says she'll sing at Trump inauguration under one condition  (Read 5143 times)

Offline rodamala

Formulaic Rock.

This is rock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwjUheA15Cs

@Cripplecreek

Back in college in the late 1990's all the little girls would go on and on how they liked "80s Music" and play some faggoty Flock of Segulls or Morrisey whiney rotten English queerbait shit.  I would go over to the computer we had full of Napster MP3s, turn it off and put on something like Megadeth, Slayer, Quiet Riot, or Dio then explain, "THIS... is what we ACTUALLY listened to in the 80s... before you were born, thankyouverymuch."

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
@Cripplecreek

Back in college in the late 1990's all the little girls would go on and on how they liked "80s Music" and play some faggoty Flock of Segulls or Morrisey whiney rotten English queerbait shit.  I would go over to the computer we had full of Napster MP3s, turn it off and put on something like Megadeth, Slayer, Quiet Riot, or Dio then explain, "THIS... is what we ACTUALLY listened to in the 80s... before you were born, thankyouverymuch."

1983, the year I graduated high school and the kind of concerts I was going to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYIUih1I9JU

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
@Cripplecreek

@rodamala and who can forget the Van Halen of the early 80s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZTOskJha8c&t=316s

Wingnut

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I wish I could!

You don't like Van Headache?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Wingnut

Offline Suppressed

"THIS... is what we ACTUALLY listened to in the 80s... before you were born, thankyouverymuch."
@rodamala @musiclady

Nah.  True classic from the 80s...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvNQLJ1_HQ0
...1680s.

(This version is based on the earliest original manuscript and performed on instruments from the time of Pachelbel.)
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline rodamala

@rodamala @musiclady

Nah.  True classic from the 80s...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvNQLJ1_HQ0
...1680s.

(This version is based on the earliest original manuscript and performed on instruments from the time of Pachelbel.)

@Suppressed
@musiclady

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdxkVQy7QLM

Offline Suppressed

@musiclady

Yeah, I love that rant. I'm so glad it was captured and put on YT.  One of my favourites!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline musiclady

@Suppressed
@musiclady

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdxkVQy7QLM

@rodamala , @Suppressed

:silly: :silly: :silly:

THANK you SO much for that!  I had not heard it, and since I use D-A-B-F#-G-D-G-A in my classes as an example of an Ostinato (because almost EVERYONE has heard it!) I just may play that rant the next time I teach it.

I literally laughed out loud when he started Marley's "No Woman, No Cry."

Great stuff for Pachelbel's Greatest HIT.  :laugh:

Also funny because our older son has played the cello since 4th grade, when it was bigger than he was (which is, perhaps, why he can now run consecutive 5 minute miles!).

(Just one tiny correction.  Johann was long dead by 1790.  He was about 100 years off.  Oops!  ^-^ )
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Suppressed

@rodamala , @Suppressed
(Just one tiny correction.  Johann was long dead by 1790.  He was about 100 years off.  Oops!  ^-^ )

@musiclady

But he's right, they're all named Johann!
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

@(Just one tiny correction.  Johann was long dead by 1790.  He was about 100 years off.  Oops!  ^-^ )

Speaking of time periods, last night I asked my Echo Dot to play some music.  I wanted to hear some Classical period music, so I worded it very specifically, "Alexa, play classical period classical music."

"She" replied,  "Here's a station for classical period classical music"...and I thought "GREAT, she understood!"

She then continued.....  "...Baroque"

>sigh<
+++++++++

Offline musiclady

Speaking of time periods, last night I asked my Echo Dot to play some music.  I wanted to hear some Classical period music, so I worded it very specifically, "Alexa, play classical period classical music."

"She" replied,  "Here's a station for classical period classical music"...and I thought "GREAT, she understood!"

>sigh<

@Suppressed

Apparently Alexa needs to take one of my courses.   ^-^
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 11:03:45 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15

>sigh<
If it ain't Baroque dont' fix it.  :tongue2:
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
If it ain't Baroque dont' fix it.  :tongue2:
I'm sick and tired of all of that fugue-ing around.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
I'm sick and tired of all of that fugue-ing around.
Then stop coming Bach for more...
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
These guys were usually available for big events like a Trump Inauguration… or a puppet show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk9aThIovMA
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
@Suppressed

Apparently Alexa needs to take one of my courses.   ^-^

LOL!   Perhaps, that's why my middle-aged daughter, when I told her I loved listening to classical music....asked me what I liked.

I said, "Well...Vivaldi.....she just smiled and shook her head back and forth.     :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
LOL!   Perhaps, that's why my middle-aged daughter, when I told her I loved listening to classical music....asked me what I liked.

I said, "Well...Vivaldi.....she just smiled and shook her head back and forth.     :shrug:

Could be worse.  You could have said Modest Mussorgsky.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online DCPatriot

Could be worse.  You could have said Modest Mussorgsky.

ROFL!   Confessing to having to Google that.   Never heard of him.

Tried to listen to Pictures of an Exhibition....and was looking for my straight razor in less than a minute.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
ROFL!   Confessing to having to Google that.   Never heard of him.

Tried to listen to Pictures of an Exhibition....and was looking for my straight razor in less than a minute.

True story:  I was visiting a shrink I was seeing at the time, and he had Pictures playing in his waiting room.  I said, "Dude!  You gotta fix that!  It is not good to be playing such heavy handed music for your patients."  I suggest Emerson Lake and Palmer's version.  Well, I would but they're 2/3 dead now.
I will NOT comply.

Online DCPatriot

True story:  I was visiting a shrink I was seeing at the time, and he had Pictures playing in his waiting room.  I said, "Dude!  You gotta fix that!  It is not good to be playing such heavy handed music for your patients."  I suggest Emerson Lake and Palmer's version.  Well, I would but they're 2/3 dead now.

:laugh: