Author Topic: Megyn Kelly Is Said To Be Leaving Fox News for NBC  (Read 6567 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Megyn Kelly Is Said To Be Leaving Fox News for NBC
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2017, 06:30:27 pm »
Do we know that for sure... :bolt:

GOOD question!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Silver Pines

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2017, 06:30:59 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

If one reads the article, NBC asked her want she wanted in terms of time, then tailored her wants to fit what she wanted.  The article says she will have a daily show that allows her to see her children off to school in the morning and have dinner with the family in the evening.  Her daily show will not be just about politics and she will bring in panels for discussion.  Then, she will have a Sunday evening show.

Her contact with Fox is not up until summer and it is not known if Fox will release her now to join NBC.

When she is on NBC, I will watch her just as I have on Fox.  In my opinion, she is more conservative than liberal and I have watched her since she began with Fox.

@Victoria33

I've never had a problem with her...she has always seemed pretty balanced to me.  I've seen her rip into Republicans, which caused some on the right to instantly brand her a liberal, and then she would turn right around and tear into a leftwinger.  That's her job.

Silver Pines

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2017, 06:32:24 pm »
Do we know that for sure... :bolt:

@mystery-ak

Lmao!

I saw a picture of a bumpersticker---"I wish my wife would look at me the way Sean Hannity looks at Donald Trump."

Silver Pines

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2017, 06:34:01 pm »
Interestingly, Hannity was the only on air personality on FOX that wasn't sexually harassed by Ailes.

@Frank Cannon

I don't think he harassed Van Susteren, either.  Can't imagine why, though. 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2017, 06:34:24 pm »
@mystery-ak

Lmao!

I saw a picture of a bumpersticker---"I wish my wife would look at me the way Sean Hannity looks at Donald Trump."

That's hilarious!

(And SO true!!)

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2017, 06:34:48 pm »
@Victoria33

I've never had a problem with her...she has always seemed pretty balanced to me.  I've seen her rip into Republicans, which caused some on the right to instantly brand her a liberal, and then she would turn right around and tear into a leftwinger.  That's her job.

She's tough but that extends to anyone she interviews.

Some folks just don't have what it takes to face a tough interviewer.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2017, 06:35:37 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

The best of Lauren Southern

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dWgCs1v4lU

Faith Goldy is also a newcomer and rising star

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxsVJ2tC3Nw
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 06:37:22 pm by mirraflake »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2017, 06:36:24 pm »
@mystery-ak

Lmao!

:silly:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2017, 06:37:50 pm »

Some "folks" have the emotional maturity of a six year old, and that's why they couldn't handle Megyn's interview.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2017, 06:43:40 pm »
Some "folks" have the emotional maturity of a six year old, and that's why they couldn't handle Megyn's interview.

She said that she was as tough on Ted Cruz as she has ever been and came away from it respecting him.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2017, 06:43:50 pm »

@Cripplecreek

Some folks can't take a tough interviewer.  Some folks think you have to be nasty to make your case.  She tends to be nasty.

She also isn't balanced.  She'll throw softballs to one person and annihilate the other person.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2017, 06:50:05 pm »
She said that she was as tough on Ted Cruz as she has ever been and came away from it respecting him.

That's because Ted Cruz is a grown up.

Silver Pines

« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2017, 06:51:20 pm »

Silver Pines

« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2017, 06:54:30 pm »

@Cripplecreek

I wanted Cruz to have to deal with tough questions.  Not only because it was a vehicle to explain his policies and set the record straight on any misunderstandings, but because it showed the manner in which he handled aggressiveness from the media.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2017, 06:57:16 pm »
@Frank Cannon

I don't think he harassed Van Susteren, either.  Can't imagine why, though.
@CatherineofAragon

If he had messed with Van Susteren, I think she would have slugged him.  She is a tough cookie and I watched her when she was on CNN, then went to Fox where I watched her all the time.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2017, 06:57:47 pm »
On Facebook

Megyn Kelly
45 mins ·
Facebook Mentions
·

Over a dozen years ago I started at Fox News in a job that would change my life. Now, I have decided to end my time at FNC, incredibly enriched for the experiences I've had. I have agreed to join NBC News, where I will be launching a new daytime show Monday through Friday, along with a Sunday evening news magazine program. I will also participate in NBC's breaking news coverage and its political and special events coverage.

While I will greatly miss my colleagues at Fox, I am delighted to be joining the NBC News family and taking on a new challenge. I remain deeply grateful to Fox News, to Rupert, Lachlan and James Murdoch, and especially to all of the FNC viewers, who have taught me so much about what really matters. More to come soon.

Happy New Year, and God bless.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2017, 07:02:35 pm »
That's because Ted Cruz is a grown up.

I started turning to CNN for election coverage because their across the board hate for republicans made for more balanced coverage than FOX fawning over Trump all day and all night.

In fact one of the main reasons I left TOS was because of all the self appointed minders who made sure to tell everyone what news was legit and what wasn't. Today they're all over the place declaring anything they don't like to be "fake news" as if they're self appointed arbiters of truth. I'm a big boy and I can make up my own mind. Besides, most of the sources used by those declaring everything to be fake news are blogs with zero vetting themselves.

Silver Pines

« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2017, 07:03:23 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

The best of Lauren Southern

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dWgCs1v4lU

Faith Goldy is also a newcomer and rising star

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxsVJ2tC3Nw

@mirraflake

Good stuff, thanks.  I wish that guy would have reined in the loud laughter during Southern's speech...it was interesting.

Silver Pines

« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2017, 07:05:41 pm »
On Facebook

Megyn Kelly
45 mins ·
Facebook Mentions
·

Over a dozen years ago I started at Fox News in a job that would change my life. Now, I have decided to end my time at FNC, incredibly enriched for the experiences I've had. I have agreed to join NBC News, where I will be launching a new daytime show Monday through Friday, along with a Sunday evening news magazine program. I will also participate in NBC's breaking news coverage and its political and special events coverage.

While I will greatly miss my colleagues at Fox, I am delighted to be joining the NBC News family and taking on a new challenge. I remain deeply grateful to Fox News, to Rupert, Lachlan and James Murdoch, and especially to all of the FNC viewers, who have taught me so much about what really matters. More to come soon.

Happy New Year, and God bless.

So it's official.

Dana Loesch ‏@DLoesch  40m40 minutes ago

Congratulations to @megynkelly . Looking forward to her new programs.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2017, 07:08:38 pm »
@Cripplecreek

I wanted Cruz to have to deal with tough questions.  Not only because it was a vehicle to explain his policies and set the record straight on any misunderstandings, but because it showed the manner in which he handled aggressiveness from the media.

.    (  :laugh:  )

« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 07:09:45 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2017, 07:11:04 pm »
About the only on air personality on FOX who wasn't part of the Trump campaign.

I can't say that I exactly like Megyn because she's not exactly likable but she is professional and has taken undeserved abuse for not worshipping the trumpster.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2017, 07:12:30 pm »

Well, that makes me like her a little more.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2017, 07:19:36 pm »
This type of move always turns out great....

@Frank Cannon
I saw perky Katie on the Today show as I was getting ready for work this morning.  Now I remember why I disliked her so.

About Megyn's departure....  I never watched her on Fox and I'll surely never watch her on NBC.  I found her rather irritating to watch.

Silver Pines

« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2017, 07:45:35 pm »

.    (  :laugh:  )

@Right_in_Virginia

You wanted Cruz to be tossed softballs by the media?

Just can't agree, RIV.  He was running for leader of the free world; we deserved to find out what he was made of.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2017, 08:39:23 pm »
I started turning to CNN for election coverage because their across the board hate for republicans made for more balanced coverage than FOX fawning over Trump all day and all night.

In fact one of the main reasons I left TOS was because of all the self appointed minders who made sure to tell everyone what news was legit and what wasn't. Today they're all over the place declaring anything they don't like to be "fake news" as if they're self appointed arbiters of truth. I'm a big boy and I can make up my own mind. Besides, most of the sources used by those declaring everything to be fake news are blogs with zero vetting themselves.

As far as I'm concerned, pretty much everything that made Trump look presidential, after investigation of the facts, was "fake news."

Anyone at TOS declaring they oppose fake news is delusional.