Author Topic: Over half Americans sceptical about Trump's ability to handle US presidential duties: poll  (Read 756 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Over half Americans sceptical about Trump's ability to handle US presidential duties: poll

As Donald Trump prepares to take oath as US President on January 20, over half of Americans are sceptical about his ability to handle an international crisis, to use military force wisely or to prevent major scandals in his administration, according to a new poll released on Monday.

In comparison, at least seven in 10 Americans were confident in Barack Obama, George W. Bush and Bill Clinton in these areas before they took office, Xinhua news agency quoted a Gallup poll as saying.

Forty-six per cent of respondents are confident Trump can handle an international crisis, 47 per cent believe he will use military force wisely, while 44 per cent think he can prevent major scandals in his administration, the poll shows.

Read More At: http://news.webindia123.com/news/articles/World/20170103/3025305.html

I think he will do fine due to the talent he is choosing. Presidents face crisis, JFK certainly did and may have failed in the Bay of Pigs department but all of that is history to read up on.

But there could be some sort of crisis that confronts us as a nation.

Poll is from Gallup.

Offline Frank Cannon

Wow. Month old polling.

BTW, just who is mentally defective enough to be taking polls after the election anyway?

geronl

I am skeptical the man could tie his own shoes

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I am skeptical the man could tie his own shoes

That's what H1-B visas are for. Duh.

Offline TomSea

Reagan had the Beirut barracks bombing under his administration. Of course, that was not his fault, it was definitely a crisis.

Trump looks to join the great ones, Lincoln, Washington, Reagan and JFK.

Offline TomSea

Wow. Month old polling.

BTW, just who is mentally defective enough to be taking polls after the election anyway?

Gallup; it made the news on the half hour, despite the source being "web india", it was on fox radio.

Wingnut

Wow. Month old polling.

:pondering:

Out of work pollsters?

Offline montanajoe

Reagan had the Beirut barracks bombing under his administration. Of course, that was not his fault, it was definitely a crisis.

Trump looks to join the great ones, Lincoln, Washington, Reagan and JFK.

:whistle:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
That's what H1-B visas are for. Duh.

I don't see Trump handling day to day presidential affairs.  He will get so bored.  I see him delegating everything to staff and to Pence.

I'm somewhat reassured by his appointment so far.  I like most of them a lot.

He absolutely should not be expected or forced to tie his own shoes. 
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I don't see Trump handling day to day presidential affairs.  He will get so bored.  I see him delegating everything to staff and to Pence.

I'm somewhat reassured by his appointment so far.  I like most of them a lot.

He absolutely should not be expected or forced to tie his own shoes.

Like I said, I see Trump as the national court jester figurehead. Pence will run shit, Trump will tweet, beclown himself, and make himself into a target. Take some of the heat off Pence. Pretty ingenious.