Author Topic: Trump to Continue "Freaking Mainstream Media Out", Will "Boldly Use" Twitter For Policy Announcements  (Read 1016 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-02/trump-continue-freaking-mainstream-media-out-will-boldly-use-twitter-policy-announce

Having drawn the ire of the mainstream press for his extensive use of Twitter in announcing major developments and policy shifts, President-elect Donald Trump will not end the "onslaught" of posts on Twitter that fed his unconventional campaign, even after taking on the formalized duties of the Oval Office later this month, as Bloomberg notes following an announcement by incoming White House press secretary Sean Spicer who said he expects Trump "will boldly use" Twitter to make major policy announcements.

Shortly after his victory on November 8, Trump said in an interview on CBS’s “60 Minutes” that he was rethinking his use of social media: “I’m going to be very restrained, if I use it at all, I’m going to be very restrained,” Trump said. That, however, has not happened and since then, during the countdown to Inauguration Day on Jan. 20, he’s shown little sign that he intends to follow that pledge.

In fact, making news and issuing statements on social media sites that also include Facebook and Instagram will “absolutely” continue, despite any prior promises to the contrary, incoming White House press secretary Sean Spicer said Sunday on ABC’s “This Week.”

“You know what? The fact of the matter is that when he tweets, he gets results,” Spicer said.

“You know, with all due respect, I think it freaks the mainstream media out that he has this following of over 45 plus million people that follow him on social media, that he can have a direct conversation,” Spicer said. “He doesn’t have to have it funneled through the media.”

Indeed, he doesn't, and the fact that the media suddenly finds itself locked out in this most important of information dissemination and filtration pathways, has unleashed the biggest period of soul-searching for the conventional press in decades.

Offline Frank Cannon

Spicer also went on to say that another reason they are continuing the Twitter posts is to send a political forum member named @Weird Tolkienish Figure off the rails. Donny likes to target random people to gaslight for his own enjoyment.

Wingnut

Trump knows so little and knows it so fluently that it make Twitter his perfect forum for expression.  Go for it.

geronl

tweeting like a bratty 12 year old is un-presidential

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
So careers will be made by those sycophants who are able to de-explain, re-clarify, re-appoint, re-explain, de-clarify, re-couch, and tell us what Trump really meant by his words, by being able to extract Trump's deep heart and mind over every stupid imbecillic and juvenile ranting he vomits forth from his phone.

We have already been treated to a marvelous banquet of justifications and explanations as to why Trump's Liberalism is really Reagan Conservatism, if not moreso.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Just_Victor

Well, if he insists on using twitter, can Trump at least elicit some assistance on sounding like an adult?
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Wingnut

Well, if he insists on using twitter, can Trump at least elicit some assistance on sounding like an adult?

It is his child like tweets that make him so enduring to his followers..

geronl

It is his child like tweets that make him so enduring to his followers..

I think you meant "endearing"... it's the preservatives in his Taco Bowl diet that makes him enduring (and farty)

Offline Frank Cannon

So is running the country like a South American dictator.

Offline ConstitutionRose

It should be interesting if nothing else.  I wouldn't want to be in charge of messaging discipline.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Wingnut

I wouldn't want to be in charge of messaging discipline.

That would be an oxymoron. 

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: that's what he calls policy announcements? !!!!!!!!!!!
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.