Author Topic: Trump marks deadly year in Chicago, hints at federal help  (Read 2208 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Trump marks deadly year in Chicago, hints at federal help
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2017, 03:21:42 am »
I'm on Trump's side in this one. Nothing wrong with sitting down with a President to discuss how the two can help each other, as long as federalism is respected IMO.

I'll put this in the Good Trump category.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2017, 03:24:27 am »
I'm on Trump's side in this one. Nothing wrong with sitting down with a President to discuss how the two can help each other, as long as federalism is respected IMO.

I'll put this in the Good Trump category.

OK, I could agree.  But I won't.   Because he hasn't done it yet.  Who knows what he is talking about other than the opinions posted here.  I will agree though that Democrats can't save their city.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2017, 03:41:00 am »
Trump marks deadly year in Chicago, hints at federal help
By Melanie Zanona - 01/02/17 01:02 PM EST

President-elect Donald Trump remarked on Monday that 2016 was one of the most violent years in Chicago history, hinting that federal assistance may be necessary to help end the bloodshed in the city.

"Chicago murder rate is record setting - 4,331 shooting victims with 762 murders in 2016,” Trump tweeted. “If Mayor can't do it he must ask for Federal help!”

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/news/312393-trump-marks-deadly-year-in-chicago-hints-at-federal-help

Okay, we have the headline, comments but let's look at what Trump actually said:

"Chicago murder rate is record setting - 4,331 shooting victims with 762 murders in 2016,” Trump tweeted. “If Mayor can't do it he must ask for Federal help!”

If the mayor can't handle it, he has to ask for federal help or however one wants to paraphrase it.

There is not much wrong with Trump saying this.

Trump: Chicago mayor should ask feds to help combat homicides
http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/02/politics/donald-trump-chicago-crime-tweet-rahm-emanuel/index.html

A bit of a different understanding.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2017, 04:22:54 am »
Okay, we have the headline, comments but let's look at what Trump actually said:

If the mayor can't handle it, he has to ask for federal help or however one wants to paraphrase it.

There is not much wrong with Trump saying this.

Trump: Chicago mayor should ask feds to help combat homicides
http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/02/politics/donald-trump-chicago-crime-tweet-rahm-emanuel/index.html

A bit of a different understanding.

Sounds like Rahm Emanuel with his hand out.  Things are not going to change from the outside in.  They have to start in Chicago with a change of mind.  A new vision.  Not a liberal one.  People have to want change.  Not Obama's kind of change that brings hopelessness.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2017, 11:55:17 am »
“If Mayor can't do it he must ask for Federal help!”

Sounds like a public smack down of Rahm Emanuel.  (Connect his dots)