Author Topic: BOOM! Anthony Bourdain Opens 64oz. Can Of WHUP @SS On SMARMY Liberals  (Read 1451 times)

rangerrebew

Published on December 31, 2016
BOOM! Anthony Bourdain Opens 64oz. Can Of WHUP @SS On SMARMY Liberals

196shares Share Tweet Plus

Did Bourdain just wake up to reality? You won’t BELIEVE this!

Anthony Bourdain, famed chef, and TV personality slams liberal elites for having ignored blue-collar Americans. He also denounces the slander of ‘gun-country’, God-fearing America.

In a new interview with Reason, the famous chef, author and host of CNN’s Parts Unknown eviscerated the left for their condescension of working-class America.

‘The utter contempt with which privileged Eastern liberals such as myself discuss red-state, gun-country, working-class America as ridiculous and morons and rubes is largely responsible for the up swell of rage and contempt and desire to pull down the temple that we’re seeing now,’ Bourdain said…

…’I’ve spent a lot of time in gun-country, God-fearing America. There are a hell of a lot of nice people out there, who are doing what everyone else in this world is trying to do: the best they can to get by, and take care of themselves and the people they love.

http://clashdaily.com/2016/12/boom-anthony-bourdain-opens-64oz-can-whup-ss-smarmy-liberals/
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 03:40:09 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline bolobaby

Re: BOOM! Anthony Bourdain Opens 64oz. Can Of WHUP @SS On SMARMY Liberals
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 04:25:30 pm »
BOOM! I didn't BELIEVE it!

Sigh.

Look - all caps and emphasis is totally cool in comments, but when the main article does it, they're basically saying, "Hey guys, this content you are reading on my site is no better than a youtube comment by some anonymous poster. Enjoy."
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

geronl

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 04:35:50 pm »
Bourdain is a smarmy liberal. So he knows his own kind.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 04:53:17 pm »
He's also arrogant, drinks too much and has a hugely inflated ego. To hear him tell it, he's the greatest chef ever, which I really doubt (having read his first book).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2017, 04:58:08 pm »
He's also arrogant, drinks too much and has a hugely inflated ego. To hear him tell it, he's the greatest chef ever, which I really doubt (having read his first book).

True, but he did (surprisingly) get some things very right.  How refreshing!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2017, 04:58:44 pm »

And, considering how he smokes, I've always wondered how good a chef he is. 

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2017, 05:13:40 pm »

Yeah. He and Detroit's Charlie LeDuff are cousins. Both will go after liberals on occasion but both are liberals at heart and only seek to strengthen liberalism when they criticize. At best you might see an occasional vote for a very moderate republican like Scott Brown out of them.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2017, 05:21:28 pm »
My sister offered to treat me to Les Halles once. She adores Bourdain. One meal was like my paycheck for a month.

I couldn't see it. She makes the kind of money where it's not a big deal to her. I'm comfortable with diner food.

I told her to take a photo of the food and the menu and send it to me via email.

His second book, "Medium Raw" is better than "Kitchen Confidential" IMHO. He glows when he writes about his daughter.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2017, 05:57:26 pm »
Yes, it was a kind of "stopped clock" thing, IMO.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2017, 06:09:00 pm »
This is the natural conclusion Libs come to when they are forced to go out to Red states.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2017, 06:10:57 pm »
There are several Liberals saying things very similar to this. I can't speak for Bourdain because I don't know enough about him, but many of the Liberal voices expressing this opinion, especially out of CA and NY, are not against what the Liberals are doing or what they believe about the rest of the country. They are simply angry that the Liberals are too arrogant and stupid to even pretend. That is, they are upset that the Liberals and the American media don't even try to hide their innate feelings of superiority, and their utter contempt for the rest of America and not about the contempt itself.

One could see that easily with Hillary in that she barely even bothered to campaign. And of course her royal "Deplorables" statement will live on forever in political history. And Obama has his 'bitter clinger' statement, among so many others.

But yes, I have seen this quite a bit lately where a flaming Liberal will come out angry that Liberals do not seem to grasp that they cannot constantly insult the majority of the country and then expect these same people to support them. Newspapers, magazines, MSNBC, CNN, and others, cannot comprehend or accept this simple fact. And they would rather lose their audience than to admit that maybe they need to change even a little bit. That is what is making the few sane and rational Liberals that still exist, so frustrated.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 06:15:21 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2017, 06:19:11 pm »
Bourdain, to his credit, really does visit many parts of the country in order to do his various TV shows, while the average lib doesn't care about much but his own situation. Tony couldn't help but have his eyes opened a bit, in the process of meeting just-plain-folks. The libs who stay in L.A., NYC and D.C. watching nothing but MSNBC probably are willfully ignorant of "flyover country."

Silver Pines

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2017, 12:11:38 am »

@Sanguine

Agreed.  I'm not a Bourdain fan, but I give him credit for this...and extra points for his opinion of Bill Maher.   :laugh:

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2017, 02:24:30 am »
Bourdain, to his credit, really does visit many parts of the country in order to do his various TV shows, while the average lib doesn't care about much but his own situation. Tony couldn't help but have his eyes opened a bit, in the process of meeting just-plain-folks. The libs who stay in L.A., NYC and D.C. watching nothing but MSNBC probably are willfully ignorant of "flyover country."

I'll give him credit for dining at the same restaurant in Chania, Crete that is a favorite of mine. A meal of calamari, bread, two beers, and a cucumber and tomato salad cost me the equivalent of ten bucks. The view of the wharf and the Mediterranean Sea was spectacular.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.