Author Topic: Do you suffer from Trump Derangement Syndrome?  (Read 7225 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: Do you suffer from Trump Derangement Syndrome?
« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2017, 07:36:36 pm »

The ones who think a foul-mouthed narcissistic moron can magically transform into a pragmatic statesman are saying the culture is just fine, lol.

The lunacy that passes for wisdom these days makes my entire point about a society in decline headed for despotism or collapse.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2017, 07:46:05 pm »
And we're done talking.

If you say so.  But bigotry is fast fading, especially among the younger generation.  I look forward with optimism toward the future.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #77 on: January 05, 2017, 07:47:50 pm »

The ones who think a foul-mouthed narcissistic moron can magically transform into a pragmatic statesman are saying the culture is just fine, lol.

I'm not counting on magic, but on Trump's appreciation for the seriousness of his office, and the magnitude of his responsibilities.   Some folks grow.  Others are just gonna hate because hate is all they know.   

geronl

« Reply #78 on: January 05, 2017, 07:50:16 pm »
If you say so.  But bigotry is fast fading, especially among the younger generation.  I look forward with optimism toward the future.

The younger generation are abject morons

geronl

« Reply #79 on: January 05, 2017, 07:50:50 pm »
I'm not counting on magic, but on Trump's appreciation for the seriousness of his office, and the magnitude of his responsibilities.   Some folks grow.  Others are just gonna hate because hate is all they know.

Trump has shown no appreciation for the seriousness of the office. None.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2017, 08:08:52 pm »
The younger generation are abject morons

That is because they are no longer governed by the principles and Providence that forged and founded the nation.

They are instead governed by their genitalia, their desires no matter what they are and the morality that gives them license to do whatever they feel like without responsibility and have other pay for it.

The bedrock of our society has been dug up, discarded and is being replaced by the vain appetites of men disguised as righteousness.

In such an environment, liberty cannot be maintained or survive, according to the Founders themselves - which I why I have no optimism for the nation's future. 

A growing number of self-identifying Conservatives that have more in common with their Leftist counterparts in their zealotry to do away with 'bigotry' already applaud the application of tyranny to force the biblically adherent to capitulate to ideas and practices anathema to their religion.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2017, 08:12:55 pm »

Judging from his Tweets, I would agree.

Other than his Tweets, I have no problem.

But Trump will be Trump.

geronl

« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2017, 08:13:19 pm »

In such an environment, liberty cannot be maintained or survive, according to the Founders themselves - which I why I have no optimism for the nation's future. 

:thumbsup:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2017, 08:27:52 pm »
There are a fair number here that are "bamboozled," as well. They seem to answer every liberal media uttering, and see "Trump militants," and "Russian trolls," everywhere.

I went to a Trump rally in Costa Mesa CA. Prior to this event, the media had depicted Trump supporters as being solely old white guys.

In fact what I saw at the rally  proved to me the media was lying. Too bad there isn't sharper scrutiny by Trump's detractors, so they don't fall for every tidbit of crap.

The only violent people at that rally were young, Marxist inspired student age people. La Raza types. throwing bricks on cars passing on a freeway, that weren't even connected to the rally.

But hey, don't let me bother TDS sufferers with facts.

And you wonder why you get some of the responses to your posts that you do...
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2017, 08:28:24 pm »

QFT
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2017, 09:05:05 pm »
A growing number of self-identifying Conservatives that have more in common with their Leftist counterparts in their zealotry to do away with 'bigotry' already applaud the application of tyranny to force the biblically adherent to capitulate to ideas and practices anathema to their religion.

If homosexual behavior is against your religion, then don't practice it.   Don't agitate for the state to enforce your morality against others in contravention of the Constitution's guarantee of the law's equal protection.   
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 09:06:02 pm by Jazzhead »

Wingnut

« Reply #86 on: January 05, 2017, 09:41:04 pm »
I look forward with optimism toward the future.

WTF? 

And I fart rainbows

geronl

« Reply #87 on: January 05, 2017, 10:34:05 pm »
If homosexual behavior is against your religion, then don't practice it.   Don't agitate for the state to enforce your morality against others in contravention of the Constitution's guarantee of the law's equal protection.

nor prohibit the free exercise of my morality

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #88 on: January 05, 2017, 10:38:16 pm »
WTF? 

And I fart rainbows

Reagan was an optimist.  And so am I.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #89 on: January 05, 2017, 10:48:41 pm »
nor prohibit the free exercise of my morality

But that is what they want, and that is what they really mean by all their pretend respect for 'equal protection'.

It's not about 'equal protection'.   It never was. 

Notice how they always state in one breath that if you do not accept it the behavior, do not do it, but in the next - suggest that your refusal to acknowledge or participate is 'forcing your morality on others'.  Because what it really all about is a seared conscience and they cannot tolerate the idea that people exist that look on their behavior as sinful.

It was and is all about FORCING acceptance and acknowledgment and insisting on celebration and participation in the NAME of 'equal protection', using the Constitution and 'the law' as a sledgehammer to those opposed.

HonestJohn

« Reply #90 on: January 06, 2017, 05:56:49 am »
WTF? 

And I fart rainbows

You're a unicorn?  Who knew?

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #91 on: January 08, 2017, 04:35:39 pm »
Everybody has their own set of morals....even if they say they don't.  Leftists are fond of using the line about not doing something if it upsets you but not stopping other people from doing that thing. 
Following that "logic," since I don't practice slavery or human trafficking,  and people doing it  doesn't affect me personally, I shouldn't be upset that other people do it.
 The question is: whose morals do we follow...the new ones the leftists established in the last 30-40 years or the ones that have been established for several thousand years?

HonestJohn

« Reply #92 on: January 08, 2017, 08:41:33 pm »
Everybody has their own set of morals....even if they say they don't.  Leftists are fond of using the line about not doing something if it upsets you but not stopping other people from doing that thing. 
Following that "logic," since I don't practice slavery or human trafficking,  and people doing it  doesn't affect me personally, I shouldn't be upset that other people do it.
 The question is: whose morals do we follow...the new ones the leftists established in the last 30-40 years or the ones that have been established for several thousand years?

Since you want someone to choose... I choose my morals.

Yours are an abomination. 

Anyone who does not follow mine is a heretic and should be burned alive.

:laugh:

Problem solved.

---

That's the problem with your line of reasoning.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 08:42:10 pm by HonestJohn »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #93 on: January 08, 2017, 11:01:54 pm »
Morals were established for the furtherance and continued raising of civilization. So go the morals so goes civilization.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Wingnut

« Reply #94 on: January 09, 2017, 12:46:46 am »
You're a unicorn?  Who knew?

I blow it out my ass...  So I have been told.  :shrug: