Author Topic: Do you suffer from Trump Derangement Syndrome?  (Read 7226 times)

Offline Rivergirl

Re: Do you suffer from Trump Derangement Syndrome?
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2017, 11:58:04 am »
DT has given a false legitimacy to those of the lowest character.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2017, 01:18:56 pm »

But Donald Trump hasn't earned ANY respect from me in any area of his life. 

The respect he has earned with me derives solely from my respect for the office he has won.   He is the next President, and I say give him a fair shot to see if he can do some good.  I don't take back a word I said about him before the election.  But if he proves me wrong,  then solid.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline musiclady

« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2017, 02:24:35 pm »
The respect he has earned with me derives solely from my respect for the office he has won.   He is the next President, and I say give him a fair shot to see if he can do some good.  I don't take back a word I said about him before the election.  But if he proves me wrong,  then solid.   

I also respect the office, so I will give the same regard to Donald Trump as I have to Bill Clinton and Barack Obama.  In my view, he is in the same category in most respects.

If he does some "good" I will not say it is bad, but I believe it will be by accident in trying to do what is good for himself.

That is because he is the same person about whom we both spoke honestly before the election.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2017, 02:35:31 pm »
I can make observations, they say Trump isn't conservative but support open borders politicians like Dubya Bush or they supported Cruz who clearly revamped his immigration policy to look more like Trump's and campaigned with Cruz, yet, the Cruz supporters say the nastiest things, reflecting the way the Cruz campaign was, one that Marco Rubio called the dirtiest ever. Levin-bots and Beck-bots parrot about being the true constitutional conservative; but all a lot of talk since they can't lean back on a record like say, Governor Perry and Governor Walker have. They complain about Putin, yet wouldn't vote for Romney in some cases. Total inconsistencies.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 02:36:45 pm by TomSea »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2017, 02:37:53 pm »
I also respect the office, so I will give the same regard to Donald Trump as I have to Bill Clinton and Barack Obama.  In my view, he is in the same category in most respects.

If he does some "good" I will not say it is bad, but I believe it will be by accident in trying to do what is good for himself.

That is because he is the same person about whom we both spoke honestly before the election.

He is indeed the same person - the same political chameleon,  the same bombastic salesman,  the same temperamental and impulse-driven manchild.

I hope he can do some good for the nation.   I will give him a fair shot to do so,  and recognize that he cannot be fairly judged on the basis of conservative ideology.   He is a populist and a nationalist, to the extent he has any core beliefs.   He can, I think, be an effective pragmatist.  The nation can use a pragmatist for a change.   But he must learn to control his ego and his temper.     
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 02:39:13 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2017, 02:46:16 pm »
He is indeed the same person - the same political chameleon,  the same bombastic salesman,  the same temperamental and impulse-driven manchild.

I hope he can do some good for the nation.   I will give him a fair shot to do so,  and recognize that he cannot be fairly judged on the basis of conservative ideology.   He is a populist and a nationalist, to the extent he has any core beliefs.   He can, I think, be an effective pragmatist.  The nation can use a pragmatist for a change.   But he must learn to control his ego and his temper.   

I just wish more of his actual supporters had the courage to question him like Joe Walsh.

Wingnut

« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2017, 02:54:22 pm »
If they ever remake the Omega Man I would cast Julian in the roll played by Anthony Zerbe in the 1971 classic..  No make-up would be needed.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2017, 02:58:25 pm »
I was vehemently anti Trump throughout this election cycle but have no option now but to wish him well!

I sincerely hope I will be proven to have been 100% wrong about everything I said about him. We will see no matter what.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2017, 04:58:13 pm »
The respect he has earned with me derives solely from my respect for the office he has won.   He is the next President...

The Feds are no longer operating as a Constitutional Republic, but as an oligarchy in support of an imperial or dictatorial Executive.

I don't have to respect such an 'office', given it no longer functions as intended under the rule of law that the entire Beast at Mordor on the Potomac has discarded and/or ignored.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2017, 05:00:44 pm »
I can make observations, they say Trump isn't conservative but support open borders politicians like Dubya Bush or they supported Cruz who clearly revamped his immigration policy to look more like Trump's and campaigned with Cruz, yet, the Cruz supporters say the nastiest things, reflecting the way the Cruz campaign was, one that Marco Rubio called the dirtiest ever. Levin-bots and Beck-bots parrot about being the true constitutional conservative; but all a lot of talk since they can't lean back on a record like say, Governor Perry and Governor Walker have. They complain about Putin, yet wouldn't vote for Romney in some cases. Total inconsistencies.
You should sent Cruz a bill for rent Tom. Sheesh.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2017, 05:20:49 pm »
To me, now that the election is over, judging Trump the person is pretty much irrelevant.  I'm going to judge him based on the things he actually does, which is so far limited to nominations.  I do think he'll continue to say some stupid things, but I'm going to wait to see how things come out after he deliberates with his cabinet/advisors, etc., before making an actual determination.

One unexpected bonus is that the Dems seem to have no interest in trying to co-opt him on aspects of his agenda they might support, such as the plan he floated for paid maternity/sick leave.  They apparently have decided to go all hate, all the time.  Given his personality, that makes it less likely that he'll want to cooperate with them on anything, which is probably a plus.  He'll hold a grudge, and screw with them whenever he gets a chance.

At the same time, I think guys like Ryan have figured out that the best way to influence Trump is to pretend to be his buddy.  So, based on his nominations (which I generally really like), and how closely he seems to be working with Congressional Republicans, I'm much more optimistic than when I first decided (reluctantly) back in June to support him in November.  Of course, we still have to see how it all comes out in the wash....

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2017, 05:34:26 pm »
The Feds are no longer operating as a Constitutional Republic, but as an oligarchy in support of an imperial or dictatorial Executive.

I don't have to respect such an 'office', given it no longer functions as intended under the rule of law that the entire Beast at Mordor on the Potomac has discarded and/or ignored.

Sorry, INVAR,  I'm still an optimist about this country and respect the office of the Presidency.   I reject totally your hysterical assertion that we no longer operate as a Constitutional Republic.    You've proven yourself an abject extremist on many matters.   That's not my bag -  I'm a pragmatic conservative,  still invested in this nation and its greatness as Reagan's Shining City.   

(By the way,  I was visiting relatives in Cali last week,  and had a couple hours to kill in Santa Barbara.   I was pleasantly surprised to run across Young America's Foundation's museum downtown regarding the Reagan ranch,  about 40 miles away.   I had a great talk with the volunteer who gave me the tour,  and admitted that I'd been voting GOP my whole life with the exception of this year.   We both agreed we'll likely never see the Gipper's like again.   AND HE WAS, LET'S NOT FORGET,  A PRAGMATIST!)

Here's a  LINK   regarding the Reagan ranch and YAF's very interesting center/museum (the Reagan Ranch Center)  in downtown Santa Barbara.     
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 05:41:14 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2017, 05:42:59 pm »

I see Ted Cruz stepped outside of Trump orthodoxy today and slammed Julian Assange for endangering American troops and allies. Said it would be very unlikely that he would ever find a reason to praise him.

Silver Pines

« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2017, 05:59:57 pm »

@Idaho_Cowboy

Cruz---you mean that guy @TomSea supported?   :laugh:

Silver Pines

« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2017, 06:06:06 pm »
I see Ted Cruz stepped outside of Trump orthodoxy today and slammed Julian Assange for endangering American troops and allies. Said it would be very unlikely that he would ever find a reason to praise him.

@Cripplecreek

That loud screeching noise you hear is the crowd of Trump supporters  who've been praising that anti-American scum braking to a quick halt and slamming into reverse. 

Oliver DarcyVerified account
‏@oliverdarcy
Newt Gingrich to Hannity: Julian Assange is such a "down to earth, straight forward interviewee"

Dustin Volz ‏@dnvolz  14h14 hours ago
Dustin Volz Retweeted Oliver Darcy
Gingrich, 2010: "Julian Assange is engaged in terrorism. He should be treated as an enemy combatant."

Back to that original position, Newt!  Quick! 

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2017, 06:15:02 pm »
@Cripplecreek

That loud screeching noise you hear is the crowd of Trump supporters  who've been praising that anti-American scum braking to a quick halt and slamming into reverse. 

Oliver DarcyVerified account
‏@oliverdarcy
Newt Gingrich to Hannity: Julian Assange is such a "down to earth, straight forward interviewee"

Dustin Volz ‏@dnvolz  14h14 hours ago
Dustin Volz Retweeted Oliver Darcy
Gingrich, 2010: "Julian Assange is engaged in terrorism. He should be treated as an enemy combatant."

Back to that original position, Newt!  Quick!

Trump is trying to backpedal as well. I didn't screencap it but Trump is blaming the media for making it look like he agrees with Assange. He says he's just telling the people what Assange said. LOL

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2017, 06:26:25 pm »
Sorry, INVAR,  I'm still an optimist about this country and respect the office of the Presidency.

Good for you. 

I'm not and don't.  I'm merely speaking my opinion on a forum board.

I reject totally your hysterical assertion that we no longer operate as a Constitutional Republic.

None so blind and all that.  Apparently you missed the last 4 years of overt abandonment of the rule of law by the Executive and Congress.  Do we really need to list all the examples of the Executive and the Courts and the Congress acting outside of their Constitutional limits or surrendering them wholesale to another branch???

There's this word called 'precedent' - and that is what now governs us.  Not the parchment that all of D.C. merely pays lip service to while working to undermine at every turn.

You've proven yourself an abject extremist on many matters.

Happy to be declared so.

That's not my bag -  I'm a pragmatic conservative,  still invested in this nation and its greatness as Reagan's Shining City.

I'm invested in the principles that once were our Foundations that this culture, society and the government now largely reject.  Reagan could never be elected in the current climate and the City on the Hill is no longer populated by the kinds of people that elected him twice.  You can pretend that is not the case all you like. 

We both agreed we'll likely never see the Gipper's like again.   AND HE WAS, LET'S NOT FORGET,  A PRAGMATIST!

Reagan never compromised or surrendered his principles for pragmatism.  You can ask Gorby all about that.  The principles he held, are now only revered by a small minority.  The rest want what the Left offers, or Populist Nationalists offer.  Not what Reagan stood for.

THOSE principles, both parties reject.   Fact.

Reagan is not coming back to lead us.  We are no longer a people that would empower such a statesman, and the oligarchy will never permit someone like Reagan to ever head their party again.

You can scoff at that truth if you like.  Human history illustrates that a declining culture's people will often attack and hate those who dare speak the truth about their situation.

If that makes me an 'extremist', then so be it.  Our Founders were 'extremists'.  I stand in good company.

"But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty once lost is lost forever. When the People once surrender their share in the Legislature, and their Right of defending the Limitations upon the Government, and of resisting every Encroachment upon them, they can never regain it". - John Adams, July 7, 1775

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Silver Pines

« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2017, 06:30:51 pm »
Trump is trying to backpedal as well. I didn't screencap it but Trump is blaming the media for making it look like he agrees with Assange. He says he's just telling the people what Assange said. LOL

Lol, I might have to check out another forum to see how this is being taken.  It's probably similar to...you know that robot from the old Star Trek series that went  haywire and blew up when Kirk fed it too much information?  Yep, that.   ^-^

geronl

« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2017, 06:44:38 pm »
   He can, I think, be an effective pragmatist.  The nation can use a pragmatist for a change. 

Trump ain't one of those either

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2017, 06:46:47 pm »
INVAR,  I certainly scoff at your paranoia and lack of faith in the greatness of this nation.  Our "culture" is just fine - more folks are able to secure the American dream than ever before,  as hidebound prejudice slowly but surely fades away.

Of course a man like Ronald Reagan could be elected again.  Heck,  I submit that one already has - Mike Pence.  (Now the issue is how to persuade the Trumpster that both he and the country would be better off if he were running his businesses  :seeya:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2017, 06:48:33 pm »
Trump ain't one of those either

I think he is.  We'll soon find out.   

geronl

« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2017, 06:51:34 pm »
Our "culture" is just fine -

If your a perverted leftwinger at least

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2017, 06:59:30 pm »
INVAR,  I certainly scoff at your paranoia and lack of faith in the greatness of this nation. 

That would be because you put your faith in political leaders who tell you what you want to hear, or into institutions of men, or into a people and culture who have devolved into as wicked and perverted a society as anything Sodom and Gomorrah served up.

Not even Rome messed around with changing the definition of marriage, or who or what sex a person is outside of what they feel like being at any given moment.

Our "culture" is just fine - more folks are able to secure the American dream than ever before,  as hidebound prejudice slowly but surely fades away.

And we're done talking.

Silver Pines

« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2017, 07:15:42 pm »

@Cripplecreek

My previous posts probably made little sense because I read this too quickly and thought you were speaking about Trump, not Cruz.

Sheesh...

geronl

« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2017, 07:32:54 pm »

The ones who think a foul-mouthed narcissistic moron can magically transform into a pragmatic statesman are saying the culture is just fine, lol.