Author Topic: Trump spokesman: We need to talk about ‘punishing’ Clinton for ‘trying to influence the election’  (Read 745 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Trump’s new press secretary, Sean Spicer, is deflecting questions about the influence of Russian hacking on the 2016 election — arguing instead that people should talk about on “punishing” Hillary Clinton for trying to “influence the election.”

Spicer was asked if President-elect Trump accepts the conclusion of seventeen U.S. intelligence agencies that Russia was responsible for the hacks that sought to damage Clinton’s bid for the presidency.

“Why aren’t we talking about the other influences on the election? Why aren’t we talking about Hillary Clinton getting debate questions ahead of time?” Spicer said in response.

“No one is asking those questions. The fact is that everyone wants to make Donald Trump admit to certain things. When do we talk about the other side, which is what did Hillary Clinton do to influence the election? Is she being punished?”

snip

Trump then suggested that he was a hacking expert with more information than the CIA.

“I know a lot about hacking. And hacking is a very hard thing to prove. So it could be somebody else. And I also know things that other people don’t know, and so they cannot be sure of the situation.”

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-spokesman-says-we-need-to-focus-on-punishing-clinton-c41f54ade530
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Think Progress is a leftist source.

Apparently using leftist sources continues to be part of this site's methodology for the 2nd year.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Think Progress is a leftist source.

Apparently using leftist sources continues to be part of this site's methodology for the 2nd year.

The source of the information is trump. trump is a leftist source.

Go with that.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Hey, @mystery-ak , @MOD3, @Mod2, @Mod1. Would you like me to change the news source? There are others.

Offline truth_seeker

The source of the information is trump. trump is a leftist source.

Go with that.

Right. Trump, the leftist appointed Pence as VP and Sessions as AG and Mattis as Sec. Def.

Leftists for sure, but only in the alt-reality minds apparently prevailing on this site.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
So what's the orange monkey baby intend to do about me?

I complained loud and often during the primaries about the Russian trolls all over social media pimping fake pro trump stories.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

I complained loud and often during the primaries about the Russian trolls all over so7cial media pimping fake pro trump stories.

@Cripplecreek

Just a slight difference between  you and the Clinton machine.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline truth_seeker

I complained loud and often during the primaries about the Russian trolls all over social media pimping fake pro trump stories.
As a Trump supporter, I hereby nominate you for the (former GOP) Briefing Room Highest and Most Ancient Order of the Russian Troll Fighters and Martyrs.

You are entitled to wear this label, and proclaim your position to all that would hear, many times each day.

You may contact Christ Matthews, Rachel Madcow, Glenn Beck, Lindsey Graham, NPR, WaPo, Mother Jones and sources of your choice and sound the alarm.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Right. Trump, the leftist appointed Pence as VP and Sessions as AG and Mattis as Sec. Def.

Leftists for sure, but only in the alt-reality minds apparently prevailing on this site.

Are you familiar with the term "blowing hot and cold"? Perhaps I can help:

The Satyr and the Traveller

THE FABLE

There are Greek versions and a late Latin version of the fable by Avianus . In its usual form, a satyr or faun comes across a traveller wandering in the forest in deep winter. Taking pity on him, the satyr invites him home. When the man blows on his fingers, the satyr asks him what he is doing and is impressed when told that he can warm them that way. But when the man blows on his soup and tells the satyr that this is to cool it, the honest woodland creature is appalled at such double dealing and drives the traveller from his cave. There is an alternative version in which a friendship between the two is ended by this behaviour.

The idiom 'to blow hot and cold (with the same breath)' to which the fable alludes was recorded as Ex eodem ore calidum et frigidum efflare by Erasmus
in his Adagia (730, 1.8.30). Its meaning was further defined by the emblem books of the Renaissance , particularly those that focused on fables as providing lessons for moral conduct. While Hieronymus Osius tells the tale of the traveller and draws the moral that one should avoid those who are inconstant, Gabriele Faerno puts it in the context of friendship and counsels that this should be avoided with the 'double-tongued' ( bilingues ). In this he is followed by Giovanni Maria Verdizotti , Marcus Gheeraerts the Elder and Geoffrey Whitney . However, in Francis Barlow 's edition of the fables (1687), the Latin text warns against those whose heart and tongue do not accord, while Aphra Behn
comments in English verse that The sycophant with the same breath can praise Each faction and what’s uppermost obeys,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Satyr_and_the_Traveller

trump blows hot and cold.

Let's see if he has the balls to "punish" hillary.