Author Topic: Trump tells Schumer he likes him more than other GOP leaders  (Read 1123 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump tells Schumer he likes him more than other GOP leaders
« on: January 01, 2017, 05:17:24 pm »
Trump tells Schumer he likes him more than other GOP leaders

By Aaron Short

January 1, 2017 | 7:40am

Donald Trump told Democrat Sen. Charles Schumer in a phone call he likes him more than his GOP brethren House Speaker Paul Ryan and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, a source close to the transition team said.

During a recent phone call, the president-elect “said to Schumer he likes Schumer more than Ryan and McConnell because they both wanted him to lose,” the source said. “They are Republicans and Trump knows they didn’t support him.”

more
http://nypost.com/2017/01/01/trump-tells-schumer-he-likes-him-more-than-other-gop-leaders/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Just_Victor

Re: Trump tells Schumer he likes him more than other GOP leaders
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 05:35:12 pm »
Bizarre.  I can understand being annoyed at Ryan/McConnell, but does Trump seriously think that Schumer is going to support him more than Ryan/McConnell?

Unless Trump is planning on implementing policies that Schumer will approve of....

If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 05:36:47 pm »
Bizarre.  I can understand being annoyed at Ryan/McConnell, but does Trump seriously think that Schumer is going to support him more than Ryan/McConnell?

Unless Trump is planning on implementing policies that Schumer will approve of....

Would a NY liberal do that?

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2017, 05:41:56 pm »
Would a NY liberal do that?

... a source close to the transition team said.
Or the whole report could be fake.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2017, 05:53:28 pm »
It could be fake, but the reason it it has the ring of reality is because it's just soooo Trump!

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2017, 05:55:51 pm »
This is going to be a fascinating year in politics, no matter what happens.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2017, 05:59:55 pm »

Not likely:

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/800339165829283840

Schumer has received more donations from Trump than any other lawmaker has. Several members of Trump's family, including Ivanka Trump, her husband Jared Kushner, and Eric Trump and Donald Trump Jr., also donated to Schumer's senate campaigns.  “I’ll be able to get along well with Chuck Schumer — I was always very good with Schumer. I was close to Schumer in many ways. It’s important that you get along.”

"I mean, I've contributed to Schumer, I contribute — I've known Schumer for many, many years," Trump said last year. "And I have a good relationship with him".

NY Liberal Democrats tend to stick together.

Even when they hoodwink an entire party into making them their leader.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 06:00:21 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2017, 07:20:39 pm »

A problem having New Yorkers in power, they are thinking alike.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 07:21:19 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2017, 07:22:42 pm »
A problem having a New Yorkers in power, they are thinking alike.

They tend to think they're superior to the rest of the nation.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2017, 10:32:36 pm »
Awwwww!  That's so sweet.

:3:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2017, 12:29:00 am »

Not Bizarre if you know Trump.  He's showing some ankle on his Liberal underpinnings.

Hey, look, I think I'll be able to get along well with Chuck Schumer. I was always very good with Schumer. I was close to Schumer in many ways.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/01/26/trump_i_have_a_great_relationship_with_nancy_pelosi_harry_reid_chuck_schumer.html

I think this is just more proof of what some people fear about Trump and what his real politics will be once he's sworn in.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2017, 03:04:33 am »
  “I’ll be able to get along well with Chuck Schumer — I was always very good with Schumer. I was close to Schumer in many ways. It’s important that you get along.”[/i][/b]

"I mean, I've contributed to Schumer, I contribute — I've known Schumer for many, many years," Trump said last year. "And I have a good relationship with him".

Is that quote from DT any worse than this one from conservative Jeff Sessions about potential AG Eric Holder?
'he was sure that Mr. Holder would be “a responsible legal officer and not a politician.”' http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/03/us/politics/03holder.html?_r=0

And Sessions, our new AG, actually voted for Holder's confirmation.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline DB

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2017, 04:13:09 am »
Is that quote from DT any worse than this one from conservative Jeff Sessions about potential AG Eric Holder?
'he was sure that Mr. Holder would be “a responsible legal officer and not a politician.”' http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/03/us/politics/03holder.html?_r=0

And Sessions, our new AG, actually voted for Holder's confirmation.

Sessions' integrity is running at zero for me.