Author Topic: Obituaries for 2017  (Read 209546 times)

Offline Suppressed

Re: Obituaries for 2017
« Reply #1075 on: July 21, 2017, 01:31:00 am »
Fame and fortune carry their own level of misery and often create more problems than they solve. You still wake up and look yourself in the mirror, and if you don't like the person you see, all that other stuff won't make you happy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dmQ3QWpy1Q
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1076 on: July 21, 2017, 01:40:19 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sgycukafqQ

[Verse 1]
In this farewell
There’s no blood, there’s no alibi
‘Cause I’ve drawn regret
From the truth of a thousand lies
So let mercy come and wash away

[Hook]
What I’ve done
I’ll face myself
To cross out what I’ve become
Erase myself
And let go of what I’ve done

[Verse 2]
Put to rest what you thought of me
While I clean this slate
With the hands of uncertainty
So let mercy come and wash away

[Hook]
What I’ve done
I’ll face myself
Erase myself

[Bridge]
For what I’ve done
I start again
And whatever pain may come
Today this ends
I’m forgiving what I’ve done

[Hook]
What I’ve done
I’ll face myself
Erase myself
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1077 on: July 21, 2017, 09:15:27 pm »
Makes no sense. Many people would kill to be in these guy's places.

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

And many other people would become even more depressed if they were to get "into his shoes",only to discover wealth and fame is not the cure for low self-esteem. It might even make it worse because wealth and fame tend to isolate people from others.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1078 on: July 21, 2017, 09:17:07 pm »
Fame and fortune carry their own level of misery and often create more problems than they solve. You still wake up and look yourself in the mirror, and if you don't like the person you see, all that other stuff won't make you happy.

@Smokin Joe

Money and fame has never hugged anybody or brightened their day like the smile of a child.

Granted,money is BIG if you are homeless and hungry,but vast wealth is vastly overrated.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1079 on: July 22, 2017, 02:33:12 am »
Meds quite often cannot treat it.
Consider that "thoughts of suicide" are a side effect of virtually all antidepressant "meds" that the poster in question suggested. They might help, or they might make it worse. You never know until you take them.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1080 on: July 22, 2017, 06:08:25 pm »
Actor John Heard of 'Home Alone' movies dies at 72
Associated Press
Actor John Heard, whose many roles included the father in the "Home Alone" series and a corrupt detective in "The Sopranos," has died. He was 72.

His death was confirmed by the Santa Clara County medical examiner's office on Saturday. TMZ reported that Heard, who lived in Southern California, was found at a Palo Alto hotel, where he was recovering from back surgery.

Heard played Peter McCallister, the father of Kevin, played by Macaulay Culkin, in "Home Alone" and "Home Alone 2: Lost in New York." He said in later interviews that he sought a movie with kids in it so his son, age 5 at the time, could come to the set and have someone to play with.

After it became a big hit, he was reluctant to revisit the role, but his agent convinced him the money was too good to pass up. ...

He earned an Emmy nomination for a guest role as a corrupt police detective in "The Sopranos." Television also kept him busy. He acted in "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation," ''Elementary," ''Prison Break," ''Modern Family" and "Entourage." One of his favorite jobs came in the original "Sharknado" television movie in 2013. ...
L.A. Times

I remember him from some roles in the "Law and Order" franchise. Good actor.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1081 on: July 22, 2017, 06:12:24 pm »
@Weird Tolkienish Figure

And many other people would become even more depressed if they were to get "into his shoes",only to discover wealth and fame is not the cure for low self-esteem. It might even make it worse because wealth and fame tend to isolate people from others.

Rich or poor, depression is i think the worst affliction out there. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Thank you for understanding
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 06:13:17 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1082 on: July 22, 2017, 06:47:35 pm »
Just saw a repeat of a Law & Order CI episode where Heard played the governor's brother-in-law.  His character brokered a shady deal involving the governor and when the deal was discovered,  the governor left Heard's character hang out to dry.   Good performance. 

Rest in peace, John Heard. 

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1083 on: July 25, 2017, 01:02:33 pm »
Bobby Taylor passed away,  had a pivotal role with the Jackson 5, Motown artist.

http://www.udiscovermusic.com/news/death-bobby-taylor-motown-artist-championed-jackson-5

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1084 on: July 25, 2017, 02:23:39 pm »
Must have been an up and coming artist; tragedy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wurQm7Ol64U

Excerpt:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/country-singer-25-killed-in-utv-crash-after-playing-at-county-fair-she-was-such-a-beautiful-soul/ar-AAoK889?li=BBnbfcL&OCID=ansmsnnews11

Country Singer, 25, Killed in UTV Crash After Playing at County Fair: She Was 'Such a Beautiful Soul'

A 25-year-old country singer died in a UTV crash early on Sunday after performing at a Nebraska county fair with her band.

Fans mourned the death of Abby Nicole (née Abby Uecker) in the wake of her death at the Thayer County Fair in Deshler. The singer passed away at around 5:30 a.m. after authorities responded to a report of an injured woman about an hour earlier, News Channel Nebraska reports.

“I miss you soooo much Abby Nicole… you were ready to be the One Me we talked about,” one of Nicole’s bandmates, Chad Barnhill wrote in a moving Facebook post on Sunday.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1085 on: July 25, 2017, 02:32:25 pm »
What's a UTV? I know what an ATV is, but I'm not familiar with UTV.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #1086 on: July 25, 2017, 03:28:30 pm »
What's a UTV? I know what an ATV is, but I'm not familiar with UTV.
This might help
http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/browse/atvs-utvs/_/N-1118208

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1087 on: July 25, 2017, 03:38:34 pm »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1088 on: July 25, 2017, 06:07:47 pm »
Bobby Taylor passed away,  had a pivotal role with the Jackson 5, Motown artist.

http://www.udiscovermusic.com/news/death-bobby-taylor-motown-artist-championed-jackson-5
Fun fact: one of the members of Taylor's band the Vancouvers was none other than Tommy Chong (yes, THAT Tommy Chong).

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1089 on: July 25, 2017, 06:11:13 pm »
Barbara Sinatra, Frank's widow, dies at 90

Barbara Blakeley, who before meeting Sinatra had been married to former Marx Brother Zeppo Marx, was the fourth and final wife of singer Frank Sinatra, whom she married in 1976. Upon his death in 1998, she inherited the vast majority of the late singer's fortune, including rights to his music catalog and several houses. In her own right, she served as a philanthropist and set up a center for abused children.

She was the subject of the film The Night We Called it a Day.

Obituary from Fox News

Wikipedia
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 06:12:33 pm by jmyrlefuller »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1090 on: July 25, 2017, 09:27:54 pm »

@TomSea

I saw the name Taylor,and automatically assumed Johnny Taylor.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1091 on: July 27, 2017, 02:55:40 pm »
http://www.avclub.com/article/rip-legendary-voice-actress-june-foray-258658

R.I.P. legendary voice actress June Foray
By William Hughes

June Foray, the voice of Rocky The Flying Squirrel, Granny from Looney Tunes, and literally hundreds of other beloved animated characters, has died. Heralded as “the first lady” and the “queen” of voice acting, Foray’s career in film and TV stretched for 71 years and more than 300 credits, embodying everyone from Magica De Spell to Dorothy from The Wizard Of Oz. As reported by Variety, Foray was 99.

Excerpt. Read more at link.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline skeeter

« Reply #1092 on: July 27, 2017, 02:57:49 pm »
http://www.avclub.com/article/rip-legendary-voice-actress-june-foray-258658

R.I.P. legendary voice actress June Foray
By William Hughes

June Foray, the voice of Rocky The Flying Squirrel, Granny from Looney Tunes, and literally hundreds of other beloved animated characters, has died. Heralded as “the first lady” and the “queen” of voice acting, Foray’s career in film and TV stretched for 71 years and more than 300 credits, embodying everyone from Magica De Spell to Dorothy from The Wizard Of Oz. As reported by Variety, Foray was 99.

Excerpt. Read more at link.

"And now here's something you'll REALLY like."

I would've never guessed Rocky was a lady.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1093 on: July 27, 2017, 03:08:37 pm »
  ... Foray voiced numerous animated characters during her 71-year-career, including Natasha Fatale from “The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show,” Granny from “Looney Tunes” and “Space Jam,” Cindy Lou Who from “How the Grinch Stole Christmas,” Lucifer the cat from “Cinderella,” Grandmother Fa from “Mulan,” and the doll “Talky Tina” on “The Twilight Zone.”

She also lent her voice to characters in “The Flintstones,” “The Dudley Do-Right Show,” “All-New Dennis the Menace,” “Duck Tales,” “Thumbelina,” and Disney’s Adventures of the Gummi Bears.
More, plus photos.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online goatprairie

« Reply #1094 on: July 27, 2017, 03:31:23 pm »
"And now here's something you'll REALLY like."

I would've never guessed Rocky was a lady.
Hokey smoke!!!

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #1095 on: July 27, 2017, 05:52:17 pm »
I still say Rocky & Bullwinkle was the greatest horrible-animation cartoon of all time.

Here's the great June Foray in her funniest cartoon role . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty3ASGtr4MA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWhDymEc5nA

The lady herself was very attractive, by the way . . .

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Online goatprairie

« Reply #1096 on: July 27, 2017, 06:23:39 pm »
I still say Rocky & Bullwinkle was the greatest horrible-animation cartoon of all time.

Here's the great June Foray in her funniest cartoon role . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty3ASGtr4MA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWhDymEc5nA

The lady herself was very attractive, by the way . . .

Yes, horrible animation....great characters. Boris Badenov, Snidely Whiplash, Dudley Doright....and others I can't quite remember.
Of course, much of the topical dialogue went over my head as I wasn't even a teen when I started watching. But I do remember the Dudley Doright episode where Snidely was on trial for his crimes and was defended by Nell Fenwick. Nell, like a modern, liberal lawyer, blamed all of Snidely's crimes on society with Snidely grinning like crazy.  Many more hilarious episodes.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #1097 on: July 27, 2017, 06:38:20 pm »
Yes, horrible animation....great characters. Boris Badenov, Snidely Whiplash, Dudley Doright....and others I can't quite remember.
Of course, much of the topical dialogue went over my head as I wasn't even a teen when I started watching. But I do remember the Dudley Doright episode where Snidely was on trial for his crimes and was defended by Nell Fenwick. Nell, like a modern, liberal lawyer, blamed all of Snidely's crimes on society with Snidely grinning like crazy.  Many more hilarious episodes.
What did you expect from a girl who was in love with a horse? ;)

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline Suppressed

« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 09:15:07 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #1099 on: July 27, 2017, 09:37:19 pm »