Author Topic: Obituaries for 2017  (Read 209981 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Obituaries for 2017
« Reply #750 on: May 16, 2017, 02:55:29 am »
We all know how Powers died.....being too effen cool for school. Every roll he did was awesome.

Y'all don't come back now , ya hear?

Berenger, Costner, and Boothe.  Awesome.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #751 on: May 18, 2017, 10:51:52 am »
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 11:02:32 am by Cripplecreek »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #752 on: May 18, 2017, 11:40:35 am »
Grunge singer-songwriter Chris Cornell, of Soundgarden and Audioslave fame, dies at 52

Cornell, originally from Seattle, was one of the earliest musicians to embrace grunge, the style of rock that would come to the forefront in the 1990s. He was a founding member of Soundgarden when it formed in 1984, initially as drummer before switching to vocals. The band's success became incrementally more successful as grunge entered the mainstream until, in 1994, their best-known album Superunknown was released. The band broke up in 1997, eventually reuniting in 2010.

Four years after the breakup, Cornell joined the remains of Rage Against the Machine, which renamed itself Audioslave upon his arrival. With Cornell as both lead singer and primary lyricist, Audioslave performed and recorded as a band until 2007. Cornell also performed as a solo artist throughout his career.

Cornell died suddenly while on tour with Soundgarden; no cause of death was stated. He had a history of drug and alcohol abuse.

Obituary from the Independent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mbBbFH9fAg

Wikipedia
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #753 on: May 18, 2017, 11:54:29 am »
Cornell was probably the best of the singers to come out of the grunge era. Last I knew he was clean saying he had found salvation in God and his little girl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fMU7PCZe2M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c49F6578d78

Offline Applewood

« Reply #754 on: May 18, 2017, 12:08:49 pm »
A shame.  So young.  It's possible that Cornell was clean and sober, but he was at a prime age for heart disease.  Even if he had been off drugs for years, the damage to his heart might already have been done.  Anyway, I guess we won't know until after the autopsy. 

Rest in peace.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #755 on: May 18, 2017, 12:33:40 pm »
Roger Ailes Dead - Drudge Report

Statement from Elizabeth Ailes:

I am profoundly sad and heartbroken to report that my husband, Roger Ailes, passed away this morning. Roger was a loving husband to me, to his son Zachary, and a loyal friend to many. He was also a patriot, profoundly grateful to live in a country that gave him so much opportunity to work hard, to rise—and to give back. During a career that stretched over more than five decades, his work in entertainment, in politics, and in news affected the lives of many millions. And so even as we mourn his death, we celebrate his life...
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 12:35:19 pm by TomSea »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #756 on: May 18, 2017, 12:35:08 pm »
Roger Ailes Dead - Drudge Report

I imagine all the excitement of the past year got bit much for his ticker.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #757 on: May 18, 2017, 01:05:43 pm »
I imagine all the excitement of the past year got bit much for his ticker.

He has a son that IIRC is 12 or 13...maybe a little older.  He must be really hurting right now.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 01:06:12 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #758 on: May 18, 2017, 01:23:11 pm »
He has a son that IIRC is 12 or 13...maybe a little older.  He must be really hurting right now.
Yep, prayers for the family, especially the kid.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

« Reply #759 on: May 18, 2017, 01:38:40 pm »
A shame.  So young.  It's possible that Cornell was clean and sober, but he was at a prime age for heart disease.  Even if he had been off drugs for years, the damage to his heart might already have been done.  Anyway, I guess we won't know until after the autopsy. 

Rest in peace.

I've heard suicide is suspected. I hope not.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #760 on: May 18, 2017, 01:46:54 pm »
http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/soundgarden-singer-chris-cornell-dies-at-age-52-in-detroit/ar-BBBgiXT?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Detroit police spokesman Michael Woody told AP Thursday morning that he couldn’t release details about why police are investigating the death as a possible suicide, but noted there were “basic things observed at the scene.”

Cornell died at the MGM Grand Detroit hotel, Woody said. He said Cornell’s wife had called a family friend and asked him to check on Cornell; the friend forced open a hotel room door and found Cornell on the bathroom floor.

Sounds like suicide. The fact that his wife asked someone to check on him suggests that suicide was an ongoing concern.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #761 on: May 18, 2017, 01:56:09 pm »

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #762 on: May 18, 2017, 05:55:50 pm »
http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/soundgarden-singer-chris-cornell-dies-at-age-52-in-detroit/ar-BBBgiXT?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Detroit police spokesman Michael Woody told AP Thursday morning that he couldn’t release details about why police are investigating the death as a possible suicide, but noted there were “basic things observed at the scene.”

Cornell died at the MGM Grand Detroit hotel, Woody said. He said Cornell’s wife had called a family friend and asked him to check on Cornell; the friend forced open a hotel room door and found Cornell on the bathroom floor.

Sounds like suicide. The fact that his wife asked someone to check on him suggests that suicide was an ongoing concern.

I'm getting news alerts now that it was ruled a suicide. Not familiar with this band, but I wish him peace.

http://news.sky.com/story/soundgarden-singer-chris-cornell-killed-himself-10883262
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 05:58:20 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #763 on: May 18, 2017, 05:59:43 pm »
I'm getting news alerts now that it was ruled a suicide. Not familiar with this band, but I wish him peace.

http://news.sky.com/story/soundgarden-singer-chris-cornell-killed-himself-10883262

Cornell was one of those guys who had actual talent.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #764 on: May 18, 2017, 07:07:43 pm »
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #765 on: May 18, 2017, 07:17:23 pm »
The Latest: Autopsy: Cornell Killed Himself by Hanging

https://www.usnews.com/news/entertainment/articles/2017-05-18/the-latest-police-chris-cornells-death-a-possible-suicide

Its unfortunate but a lot of the greatest artistic talent seems to spring forth from emotional pain.

Its why I'm glad I chose photography as my artistic outlet. Its about what is visible rather than hidden.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #766 on: May 18, 2017, 07:22:31 pm »
I did love Cornell's singing. He could really belt it out.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #767 on: May 18, 2017, 08:02:29 pm »
Its unfortunate but a lot of the greatest artistic talent seems to spring forth from emotional pain.

Its why I'm glad I chose photography as my artistic outlet. Its about what is visible rather than hidden.

This is a beautiful and true statement. Lovely stated.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #768 on: May 18, 2017, 08:15:12 pm »
This is a beautiful and true statement. Lovely stated.

It sure is, and @Cripplecreek's work is most excellent.  I consider myself fortunate because I have no artistic talent whatsoever, so I'm blissfully unaware of what it's like.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #769 on: May 18, 2017, 08:23:29 pm »
It sure is, and @Cripplecreek's work is most excellent.  I consider myself fortunate because I have no artistic talent whatsoever, so I'm blissfully unaware of what it's like.   :shrug:

Churchill's "black dog" can be considered a gift or a curse. It truly does make you see the world differently, more creatively but the downside can destroy you. Modern meds can even everything out but they rob your personality. It's a double edged sword.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #770 on: May 18, 2017, 08:34:41 pm »
Churchill's "black dog" can be considered a gift or a curse. It truly does make you see the world differently, more creatively but the downside can destroy you. Modern meds can even everything out but they rob your personality. It's a double edged sword.
Genius of any kind pays a price just for being.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #771 on: May 18, 2017, 11:43:54 pm »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #772 on: May 18, 2017, 11:45:11 pm »
Someone kills the pain.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline chae

« Reply #773 on: May 18, 2017, 11:51:10 pm »
I had tickets to see him play next Saturday.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #774 on: May 19, 2017, 01:41:57 am »
Even though it's pure commie screed, love Cornell's soaring backup vocals to Vedder's lead in this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmWJ_nGzSME
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 01:44:20 am by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.