Author Topic: Obituaries for 2017  (Read 209977 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Obituaries for 2017
« Reply #725 on: May 13, 2017, 01:11:35 am »
It was that disease, Joe. That was eating me up inside. And last fall when I thought I was done, yeah, there was bitterness. I will send you the message I sent Cyber, if you want to know.

And the creator HAS exacted some karma.
Please do. The better we understand one another around here, the better we can discuss things.
He does take care of business...most creatively at times.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #726 on: May 13, 2017, 01:41:58 am »
@bigheadfred

Fred,I ain't no shrink and I don't even play one on teebee,but MY best advice to you is to keep that stuff to yourself until you have reached the point where you can take a dispassionate view of it,and learn how to forgive yourself. This is something you obviously haven't done yet or you wouldn't be worried about people no longer talking to you if you reveal it.

Learn to accept that we all go through stages in life,and that as we mature and go about the business of living,we become different people than we used to be. Usually BETTER people than we used to be. I don't know you but I SUSPECT you are now a better or more moral man in some big respects than you were earlier. What you still need to learn and accept is that the man who did things you now find shameful no longer exists. The proof of this is that you now feel shamed by what THAT "you" did or said. You have grown since then and morphed into the man you are today. The man you are today recognizes his earlier mistakes,and has learned from them.

None of us are one-dimensional people even though we generally show only the public side of our personalities to the public. Like all humans,you have flaws and you have made mistakes. Accept your mistakes,recognize them for the mistakes they were,and also accept the fact they are in the past and you are no longer the same man you were when you made them.

Once you learn to forgive your former self,your life can become whole again. The past is in the past. It's done and there is nothing you can do or say to change it. Let it stay there where it belongs and work for a healthy and happy future.

My 2 cents,and worth every penny you paid for it.
@sneakypete
 :amen:
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #727 on: May 13, 2017, 11:35:32 am »
It's OK, go ahead, I read it.  Joe's a really good guy, I can vouch for him.

I like everyone here.   I'm truly sorry for the pain on the above messages. They say pain helps us grow. I've had horrible things happen to me, things I wouldn't wish on any woman or anyone, and I've had a near death experience and it's all supposed to make you stronger but I call BS sometimes it just hurts like hell.

Bless everyone here and I hope you alll never experience those dark times again.

Amen.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 11:41:01 am by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #728 on: May 13, 2017, 02:01:55 pm »
@bigheadfred

Fred,ask yourself."Who does this hurt the most?

I suspect you will discover the answer is "Fred". You have to let that anger go for your own good.  If you really want to hurt them,living well and living happy is the best revenge in the world. If they hate you and are glad they caused you problems,seeing you drop your anger and become happy will have them eating their own livers.
Outstanding advice.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #729 on: May 14, 2017, 10:52:15 pm »
RIP former MLB umpire Steve Palermo, one of the good guys on and off the field. He showed guts
and soul by not letting his waist-down paralysis from a 1991 gunshot stop him from serving as an
umpire supervisor or managing to walk somehow with a cane and a leg brace. (He threw out the first
pitch of the 1991 World Series.)

Steve Palermo, shot in '91 trying to break up robbery, dies at 67

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #730 on: May 15, 2017, 11:15:22 am »
Actor Powers Boothe dies at 68

The character actor died at 68 in his sleep May 14 of unknown causes.

Entertainment Weekly obit

Wikipedia

IMDB

Boothe's Emmy-award winning performance as Jim Jones:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRfDE9bndfg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVrEwCa8nSA
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #731 on: May 15, 2017, 11:21:34 am »

CRAP!!!!!!!!!

Performance in Hatfields v. McCoys  was outstanding, Too bad Costner and Paxton got most of the recognition.

So many other performances too.  Sad Sad day.

Well Bye.....   Mr. Boothe.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #732 on: May 15, 2017, 02:55:13 pm »
From the original Red Dawn (1984):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qc8jJ0TjSY
Let it burn.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #733 on: May 15, 2017, 03:04:43 pm »
Boothe was scary as Jim Jones. 

Rest in peace.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #734 on: May 15, 2017, 03:30:59 pm »
CRAP!!!!!!!!!

Performance in Hatfields v. McCoys  was outstanding, Too bad Costner and Paxton got most of the recognition.

So many other performances too.  Sad Sad day.

Well Bye.....   Mr. Boothe.

I'll second that!    :beer:

Pretty good in DEADWOOD, too!   Anybody that that hold their own opposite Ian McShane in a scene....I'll drink to that, too!    :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #735 on: May 15, 2017, 03:47:03 pm »

Excellent write-up, @jmyrlefuller

I'm stealing it.  :laugh:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #736 on: May 15, 2017, 05:34:37 pm »
Excellent write-up, @jmyrlefuller

I'm stealing it.  :laugh:

:laugh: Well, I figured I'd just let his acting speak for itself.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #737 on: May 15, 2017, 05:48:26 pm »
Former Paramount CEO Brad Grey Dies at 59

Grey began his career as a concert promoter and talent scout in his native Buffalo, New York under Harvey Weinstein in the early 1980s; in this capacity, he discovered Bob Saget. He then partnered with Bernie Brillstein and entered television. Among Grey's television productions, both with and without Brillstein, included It's Garry Shandling's Show, The Larry Sanders Show (Grey and Garry Shandling did have a contentious relationship that resulted in lawsuits between the two), the Bill Maher series Politically Incorrect and Real Time, HBO hits The Sopranos and Mr. Show with Bob and David, and NBC hits NewsRadio and Just Shoot Me!.

From 2005 until being ousted shortly before his death, Grey was head of Paramount Pictures, overseeing the company's numerous feature films. Although generally both critically and commercially successful, Grey was fired after a string of flops that cost the company nearly a half-billion dollars. His tenuous relationship with DreamWorks animation was typical; after striking a merger deal in 2005, the company broke off in 2008 and severed all remaining ties with Paramount in 2012.

Grey died at home of cancer May 14.

Obituary from Variety

Wikipedia

IMDB
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 05:57:13 pm by jmyrlefuller »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #738 on: May 15, 2017, 06:40:33 pm »

Entertainment Weekly obit

Wikipedia

IMDB

Boothe's Emmy-award winning performance as Jim Jones:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRfDE9bndfg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVrEwCa8nSA

@jmyrlefuller

I heard on tv that he "died of natural causes".

I was surprised to hear he was only 68. He must have been one of those guys that always looked older than he really was.

Good actor,though,
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #739 on: May 15, 2017, 07:51:47 pm »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #740 on: May 15, 2017, 10:16:25 pm »
Ladies, and gentlemen, finally one that should well, umm, someone new has entered Hades tonight.

Moors Murderer Ian Brady, who killed five children with Myra Hindley, has died aged 79.

A Mersey Care NHS Foundation Trust spokesman said: "We can confirm a 79-year-old patient in long term care at Ashworth High Secure Hospital has died after becoming physically unwell."

Brady was jailed for three murders in 1966 and later confessed to two more.

He had been held at Ashworth Hospital, a secure psychiatric unit in Merseyside, since 1985.

Notorious murderer who refused to show remorse

Brady had been on successive hunger strikes since 1999 arguing he should be allowed to die, but had been force-fed because he was considered mentally ill.

He campaigned for several years to be moved from Ashworth to a Scottish prison, where he would not be force-fed and be allowed to die if he wished.

Brady and Hindley, who died in prison in 2002, tortured and murdered five children in the 1960s in crimes that shocked the nation.

Four of the victims were buried on Saddleworth Moor, near Oldham, Greater Manchester.

Brady was jailed in 1966 for the killings of 12-year-old John Kilbride, Lesley Ann Downey, aged 10, and Edward Evans, 17.

Almost 20 years later, in 1985, he admitted the murders of Pauline Reade, 16, and Keith Bennett, who was 12.

Brady has never revealed where Keith Bennett's remains were buried, despite numerous appeals for him to do so.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-39929538

ping @EC
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 10:17:48 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #741 on: May 15, 2017, 10:17:33 pm »
@jmyrlefuller

I heard on tv that he "died of natural causes".

I was surprised to hear he was only 68. He must have been one of those guys that always looked older than he really was.
68 is an awfully young age to die of "natural causes" without some underlying condition, hence why I listed it as "unknown."

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #742 on: May 16, 2017, 12:23:04 am »

@catfish1957

Any of you who haven't seen Deadwood yet owe it to yourselves to correct that error right away.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #743 on: May 16, 2017, 12:29:29 am »
@catfish1957

Any of you who haven't seen Deadwood yet owe it to yourselves to correct that error right away.

Amen.  If there was one show in TV history that wrongfully cancelled it was that one.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #744 on: May 16, 2017, 01:36:38 am »
Amen.  If there was one show in TV history that wrongfully cancelled it was that one.

@catfish1957

It wasn't cancelled. The show was about real people and the life and times of Deadwood as statehood approached statehood. Once they told the story they had nothing more to say.

BTW,the financial records of that whorehouse/saloon/gambling hall are still available,and show that on ONE Friday night in the late 1800's they took in a little more than 5 grand. Ponder on that figure in 2017 dollars for a few moments.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #745 on: May 16, 2017, 01:52:58 am »
@catfish1957

It wasn't cancelled. The show was about real people and the life and times of Deadwood as statehood approached statehood. Once they told the story they had nothing more to say.

I thought I read that a season four was planned but shelved.  End of Season 3 sure wasn't set like a series finale.  Let me check further.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #746 on: May 16, 2017, 01:55:06 am »
@catfish1957

More details of the cancellation.

http://movieweb.com/deadwood-season-4-dayton-callie/

And with no Cy Tolliver, there won't be any chance at all.  Irreplaceable, just like Sweargin
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 01:59:38 am by catfish1957 »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #747 on: May 16, 2017, 02:17:38 am »
More details of the cancellation.

http://movieweb.com/deadwood-season-4-dayton-callie/

And with no Cy Tolliver, there won't be any chance at all.  Irreplaceable, just like Sweargin

@catfish1957

I stand corrected. Thank you.

I guess season 4 was supposed to be the wrap up,explaining what happened to all the major characters.

BTW,if you liked Deadwood,you would also enjoy Lonesome Dove.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 02:18:23 am by sneakypete »

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #748 on: May 16, 2017, 02:26:35 am »
@catfish1957

I stand corrected. Thank you.

I guess season 4 was supposed to be the wrap up,explaining what happened to all the major characters.

BTW,if you liked Deadwood,you would also enjoy Lonesome Dove.

@sneakypete

...and cheap Ass HBO deciding to deep 6 a work of art for cost.

Lonesome Dove?

Love most any historical based movie/TV, and that one is a gem.  Add Duvall to it, and it is double gold.

Did you watch the prequel series?   Not near as good acting wise, but gave a good base to establish the characters.

And btw, if you are in to historical shows, I started a thread this morning about a show on now called Lost Kingdom.  2 Season so far., with season 1 through the BBC, and Netflix taking over for Season 2.  It's about 8th century Britain in King Alfred's era.  IMO well worth a look.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 02:41:29 am by catfish1957 »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #749 on: May 16, 2017, 02:46:40 am »

We all know how Powers died.....being too effen cool for school. Every roll he did was awesome.