Author Topic: Obituaries for 2017  (Read 209815 times)

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Re: Obituaries for 2017
« Reply #600 on: April 24, 2017, 03:23:12 pm »
I make you look a little sideways at the whole Harry Potter crowd. That's a target rich environment.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #601 on: April 24, 2017, 03:33:32 pm »
It didn't help Erin Moran that "Ritchie" went on to become on of Hollywood's top director's and the Fonz also continued for awhile on the Big Screen. 

I'm sure that didn't help her self-assessment with a half empty bottle of Jack next to her.
I think there's a real possibility that it might have just been a mental disorder, possibly made worse by menopause, and again if she was resorting to illicit drugs it would have obviously made it even worse.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #602 on: April 24, 2017, 03:57:26 pm »
Thank you for the link.  I did hear about Paul Petersen's support and advocacy group for former child actors, and I understand the group does good work. It's just too bad they couldn't save Erin Moran.  But all the resources and support in the world can't save a person if he or she doesn't want to be saved.
The grip of addiction is very powerful. Many times an addict will profess they want help, but will nonetheless fail over and over to follow through when help is given.

Recovery resources are bountiful. They have been made to be highly profitable, by Obamacare.

But the olde fashioned way might work best, because it is NOT sugar coated.

http://www.salvationarmyusa.org/usn/adult-rehabilitation

But if your loved one insists on only the Cadillac treatment, get your Obamacare substance treatment here

http://obamacarefacts.com/questions/does-obamacare-cover-drug-and-alcohol-treatment/
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #603 on: April 24, 2017, 04:33:37 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Wingnut

« Reply #604 on: April 24, 2017, 04:38:31 pm »
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/04/24/erin-morans-final-days-fellow-former-child-stars-were-trying-to-help.html
Erin Moran 'likely died' of complications of stage 4 cancer, autopsy reveals

Well, that certainly would explain a few things.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #605 on: April 24, 2017, 05:23:05 pm »

Certainly does, doesn't it? 
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #606 on: April 24, 2017, 05:31:17 pm »
Happy Days Star Erin Moran Died of Stage 4 Cancer, Authorities Reveal
People, Apr 24, 2017

According to a statement released by the Harrison County Coroner’s office on Monday obtained by WDRB News, a subsequent autopsy revealed that Moran “likely succumbed to complications of stage 4 cancer.”

“On Saturday the 22nd day of April, 2017, Erin Marie Moran-Fleischmann passed away at her residence located in New Salisbury Indiana. A joint investigation into Mrs. Moran’s death was conducted by the Harrison County Sheriff’s Department and the Harrison County Coroner’s Office,” reads the statement. “A subsequent autopsy revealed that Mrs. Moran likely succumbed to complications of stage 4 cancer.”

“Standard toxicology tests were performed and the results are pending however no illegal narcotics were found at the residence,” adds the statement.

http://people.com/tv/happy-days-star-erin-moran-died-stage-4-cancer/

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #607 on: April 24, 2017, 05:54:48 pm »
Indeed. Still tragic, but thankfully for everyone no fault was at play. (And yes, I was wrong about the heroin part.)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online libertybele

« Reply #608 on: April 24, 2017, 05:57:33 pm »
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/04/24/erin-morans-final-days-fellow-former-child-stars-were-trying-to-help.html

Very sad ... perhaps she didn't have the money to get treatment??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #609 on: April 24, 2017, 06:03:43 pm »

The memory of Erin is owed an apology by all the drug warriors on this thread who accused her, and everybody else who treats pain with Opiods, an apology. 

I don't expect one, either.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Millee

« Reply #610 on: April 24, 2017, 06:09:20 pm »
She probably couldn't afford OcommieCare. 

RIP, Erin.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #611 on: April 24, 2017, 06:34:58 pm »
The memory of Erin is owed an apology by all the drug warriors on this thread who accused her, and everybody else who treats pain with Opiods, an apology. 

The discussion about opioids and abuse thereof, arose from the suggestion she was a druggie, and overdosed.

There are people with legitimate pain, which modern medicine treats with medications.

And there are drug addicts and abusers, that give the drugs a bad reputation. 

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #612 on: April 24, 2017, 06:36:06 pm »

Or, she may have spent what money she did have for it. She and other Happy Days stars reached
a settlement with CBS (which owns Happy Days for syndication and DVD) that paid her and
the others involved a $65,000 lump sum and forced CBS to honour merchandising royalties to them,
which probably helped her huge financially but you can expect the cancer drained even those
resources.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #613 on: April 24, 2017, 06:46:08 pm »
The discussion about opioids and abuse thereof, arose from the suggestion she was a druggie, and overdosed.

There are people with legitimate pain, which modern medicine treats with medications.

:beer:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #614 on: April 24, 2017, 06:49:59 pm »
Sad that she was slandered as a druggie, when it was cancer. Way to piss on someone's grave.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #615 on: April 24, 2017, 06:54:54 pm »

It's also wise to observe that merely because many if not most druggies would like an end to the ridiculous War on Drugs, it
doesn't follow that many if not most who would like an end to the ridiculous War on Drugs are druggies.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #616 on: April 24, 2017, 07:05:18 pm »
Sad that she was slandered as a druggie, when it was cancer. Way to piss on someone's grave.

Yeah I saw that as well.

She did have a history of drug issues but there was no indication that her death had anything to do with them.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #617 on: April 24, 2017, 07:12:32 pm »
"likely died of complications" is awfully vague. I guess the point is that she is dead.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #618 on: April 24, 2017, 07:46:39 pm »
Thank you for the link.  I did hear about Paul Petersen's support and advocacy group for former child actors, and I understand the group does good work. It's just too bad they couldn't save Erin Moran.  But all the resources and support in the world can't save a person if he or she doesn't want to be saved.

@Applewood

All the saving in the world isn't going to help anybody with Stage 4 cancer.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #619 on: April 24, 2017, 07:53:10 pm »
It didn't help Erin Moran that "Ritchie" went on to become on of Hollywood's top director's and the Fonz also continued for awhile on the Big Screen. 

I'm sure that didn't help her self-assessment with a half empty bottle of Jack next to her.

@DCPatriot

You may be right,but I have never understood how or why anyone would establish their own sense of self-worth based on the accomplishments or successes of others.

I never really gave a damn what others were saying,thinking,or doing,unless they were saying,doing,and thinking it about me in  a way that might cause me harm.

I am my own person with my life to live,and so is everyone else. I would rather focus on what *I* want to accomplish than waste any of my time being jealous or resentful of what others do.

If you do good in life,"Good for you!". If you don't do well according to your own dreams and standards and this makes you unhappy,you have my sympathy.

Meanwhile,I have my own train to run.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #620 on: April 24, 2017, 07:55:26 pm »

@libertybele

All the money in the world is of no help when you have Stage 4 cancer.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #621 on: April 24, 2017, 07:56:06 pm »

@Cyber Liberty  :amen:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #622 on: April 24, 2017, 07:58:57 pm »
It's also wise to observe that merely because many if not most druggies would like an end to the ridiculous War on Drugs, it
doesn't follow that many if not most who would like an end to the ridiculous War on Drugs are druggies.

@EasyAce

Some people,like me,are just "live and let live" types. I may not personally approve of what someone else does,but as long as they aren't doing it to me it's really none of my damn business.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #623 on: April 24, 2017, 08:24:03 pm »

Note, it doesn't say how she died so an overdose is possible. It sure beats dying of Stage 4 Cancer in my book and could be justified.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Mod2

« Reply #624 on: April 24, 2017, 08:28:00 pm »
Separate Erin Moran thread merged into this one.