Author Topic: Obituaries for 2017  (Read 209290 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Obituaries for 2017
« Reply #500 on: April 19, 2017, 10:08:46 pm »
Oh, give me a break.

@mountaineer

Typical sleezebag lawyer looking for "shut up and go away" money out of the threat of a bogus lawsuit.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #501 on: April 19, 2017, 10:11:00 pm »

Offline Applewood

« Reply #502 on: April 19, 2017, 10:45:21 pm »
Oh, give me a break.

Is Baez a frequent guest of Alex Jones on his podcast?  Sounds like another conspiracy loon Jones would love.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #503 on: April 19, 2017, 10:45:52 pm »
@Sanguine  @Cyber Liberty

She's been living with him since the verdict.

Really?  I think she must have been on the "Cray-cray" end of the hot/crazy spectrum.   Must be great in the sack...or somethin.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #504 on: April 19, 2017, 11:42:42 pm »
Really?  I think she must have been on the "Cray-cray" end of the hot/crazy spectrum.   Must be great in the sack...or somethin.
Crazy is relative. I recall having a rule in my single days to never bed a woman substantially crazier than I was. A little bit was one thing, but substantially was another.
It all depends on where he lands on the spectrum.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #505 on: April 19, 2017, 11:52:29 pm »
Crazy is relative. I recall having a rule in my single days to never bed a woman substantially crazier than I was. A little bit was one thing, but substantially was another.
It all depends on where he lands on the spectrum.

I had that rule.  First thing you have to do is place your own level of cray-cray, to make sure she's not more.  Once you do that, you're golden.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #506 on: April 19, 2017, 11:54:53 pm »
Aaron Hernandez’s Net Worth as of 2017: $8.2 Million

Lawyer is ticked cause he can't tap that well now. Coulda racked up huge fees with useless motions, appeals, etc....
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #507 on: April 20, 2017, 12:48:55 am »
@Sanguine  @Cyber Liberty

She's been living with him since the verdict.

Pretty crazy.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #508 on: April 20, 2017, 12:51:44 am »
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #509 on: April 20, 2017, 09:02:35 am »

@Cyber Liberty

A "hit and get it" is one thing if she never finds out your name or where you live or work,but she ain't the one that is nuts if YOU let her move in with you.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 09:03:00 am by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #510 on: April 20, 2017, 09:17:57 am »

@Smokin Joe

I learned the hard way to not even let them know my name until I had a clear understanding of which side of the line she fell on.

As a general observation,it occurred to me that the ones that were extremely hot were almost universally nuttier than a fruitcake. High maintenance, high stress,and emotional landmines. They decide they are too good for you while you live with them,so when you tell them to pack up their crap and get caught up with gone,they then turn clingy and want to follow you around and call you up drunk at 3 AM and call you names.

My ex is on husband number 6 now,and I know he is fading into the distance because she has started following me around again and suggesting we are friends by wanting to talk about the good times we had. We are NOT friends. Or at least she is not MY friend. I may give her that impression because I can't afford to let lose of the grip I have on my anger,but I literally would not connect with her again if she were the last woman left living in the world.  Twice was one times too many and I ain't falling into that well and living that nightmare again.

Give me an average-looking woman any time,thank you very much.

Offline verga

« Reply #511 on: April 20, 2017, 10:35:19 am »
Pretty crazy.
Cledus T. Judd - I'm Going Ugly Early Tonight (Lyrics)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cc4NqA17CQk
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #512 on: April 20, 2017, 12:19:48 pm »
@Smokin Joe

I learned the hard way to not even let them know my name until I had a clear understanding of which side of the line she fell on.

As a general observation,it occurred to me that the ones that were extremely hot were almost universally nuttier than a fruitcake. High maintenance, high stress,and emotional landmines. They decide they are too good for you while you live with them,so when you tell them to pack up their crap and get caught up with gone,they then turn clingy and want to follow you around and call you up drunk at 3 AM and call you names.

My ex is on husband number 6 now,and I know he is fading into the distance because she has started following me around again and suggesting we are friends by wanting to talk about the good times we had. We are NOT friends. Or at least she is not MY friend. I may give her that impression because I can't afford to let lose of the grip I have on my anger,but I literally would not connect with her again if she were the last woman left living in the world.  Twice was one times too many and I ain't falling into that well and living that nightmare again.

Well, Pete, there is a reason the words "young" and "foolish" are often used together.  I know you aren't exactly a fan of religion, but most churches have a point (this said, not in the glandular tumescence of puberty, but from a much older perspective, retrospective, actually) when they want a couple to hold off until they know one another a mite better.
One way or another, I think a lot of us have been places we don't want to go back to.
An advantage of being older and wiser (wisdom being key, no matter what age you are) is that you can see beyond the moment and extrapolate the future, anticipating the results of taking a path and deciding whether you want to go there.
I'm a fan of the 'Ivory Girl', the not glamorous and carefully applied persona, but the scrubbed up clean type with basic good looks which light up from within with a genuine smile. Personality will take a '5' or '6' right to an '8' or '9' because the inner beauty shines through.
That superficial stuff is like the "...treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.  But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.  For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also" (Matt 6:19-21)
When I got older and hopefully wiser, I realized that was an allegory for relationships, too.
What's in your heart and hers matters more than the trimmings. Adversity can be overcome, poverty survived and conquered, other problems dealt with, provided the intangible things are in the right place, and you are both of the right mind.
Pretty fades with time, beauty matures and increases. Yeah, I have an ex I would not go back to. I have heard the siren's song of sanitized retrospective as well. No thanks. I don't blame you for not wanting to go there again. I learned the hard way, and could have saved myself a lot of grief if I had just listened.
It does seem the 'plain Janes' tend to have their stuff together on a more consistent basis, but maybe that's because they know that looks alone aren't going to get them by.
Then, too, it's got to be a head twister knowing the only thing you have to bring to the table is looks and those are fading more each day, trying to compete with every person out there who is a little younger or prettier and constantly being insecure because of that. That's a version of misery I'm glad I don't suffer. It's just as bad on the other side (give Dr. Hook, When you're in love with a beautiful woman) a listen, if you don't remember the song.

Instead, a lady who brings intelligence, personality, and skills to the table, who knows she is more than just an ornamental shell, who has substance, will be far better grounded, more secure, and a much better helpmate.
None of us is perfect, but the odds sure get better when you start with more.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #513 on: April 20, 2017, 12:35:21 pm »
@Smokin Joe

I know a couple (same HS class) who are now working on marriage #6.   I'll never figure that out.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #514 on: April 20, 2017, 12:58:30 pm »
@Smokin Joe

Sage advice.  I have a Bookface friend who made the mistake of allowing his hot cray-cray ex girlfriend back into his life, and because of her raging alcoholism, it was a living Hell for six months until he got rid of her again.  He had had his own issues with addiction prior to that, but with God's help he held steady.  Last time he went off it cost the life of his beloved kitty, and he's still torn up with guilt about that.  Not saying who he is, but many people here know him and would be surprised loss of a pet would have that effect on him.

Even bitter experience with a stalker doesn't protect us from making stupid decisions.
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #515 on: April 20, 2017, 01:18:29 pm »
I know a couple (same HS class) who are now working on marriage #6.   I'll never figure that out.

@Bigun

Immaturity that leads to the inability to face reality and admit to any personal blame. There is no such thing as a personal relationship where all the fault was on one side. To grow you have to have the ability to admit your own mistakes so you can learn from them and not make them in the future.

Some people just never grow up and continue to live in a fantasy world where they never have to admit to fault.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #516 on: April 20, 2017, 01:21:16 pm »

Even bitter experience with a stalker doesn't protect us from making stupid decisions.

@Cyber Liberty

The sad,and ironic truth,is that stupid decisions in the past is what has made us who we are today.

Which,I guess,by definition must mean I am pretty damn complete by now.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #517 on: April 20, 2017, 01:25:03 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

The sad,and ironic truth,is that stupid decisions in the past is what has made us who we are today.

We stand on the shoulders of great men, Pete. :smokin:
I will NOT comply.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #518 on: April 20, 2017, 01:38:29 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

If I'd known then what I know now....

C S Lewis

Offline uglybiker

« Reply #519 on: April 20, 2017, 02:27:43 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

To become old and wise, one must first be young and stupid.

I'm at least getting the hang of the getting older part..........
nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN!!!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #520 on: April 20, 2017, 02:32:11 pm »
If I'd known then what I know now....

I wish that I knew what I know now
When I was younger.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #521 on: April 20, 2017, 02:33:21 pm »
When I was younger.

We were all told.  But, we were bulletproof and knew everything.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #522 on: April 20, 2017, 02:36:09 pm »
We were all told.  But, we were bulletproof and knew everything.

I try to keep that in mind when looking around me today.

Ronnie Lane's lyrics sum it up pretty well.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #523 on: April 20, 2017, 03:04:39 pm »
When I was younger.

@sketer

You did. We all did. We just ignored it because we were young and foolish enough to think it didn't apply  to US. It was for other people who weren't as nice,as smart,and as sincere as we were. WE were "Special"and the laws of reality did not apply to US.

I wish I could claim the youthful innocence of most of you,but the truth is I grew up unloved and very cynical. I was raised by people who never bothered to adopt me,and their relatives even refused to allow their children to play with me when I was 4 and 5 years old. By the time I was 10,"cousins" were sidling up next to me and subtly whispering in my ear "You know you don't belong in this family,right?" By the time I was 13 I was noticing how much nicer and helpful my "mother and father" were to my older "brother" who was related. When he tured 16,my "father" co-signed for him to buy almost new Mercury. By the time I was 16,my "father" had sold 3 cars I had bought with my own money earned working in the summer as a deckhand on a shrimp boat,a mechanics helper in a garage,and working at a gas station doing minor repairs and oil/tire changes. When I asked where my cars were,he told he had sold them. When I asked how what right he had to sell MY cars that I had paid for myself out of money I had earned working,he said "My house,my yard,my cars,my money."

When I was a pre-teen and he would be fixing a car or something in the house,I would try to get him to teach me what he was doing and why it needed to be done,and the kindest thing he ever said to me was "Go away. You are too stupid to learn". Which was pretty ironic when you consider that I had taught myself to read and write before I started elementary school,I had a library card by the time I was 8,and I was the one they had to get to read letters and sales contracts for them.

I was also told by the time I was 8 that once I turned 18 I was out of the house and on my own because they had nothing for me. Which may have been a little brutal sounding,but it was the truth and a kindness in disguise. The fact is they HAD nothing. My older brother had diabetes and my mother had health problems,and my father worked and lived from week to week,just to make a living. When I was about 5 or 6 I watched him get on his knees in the bathtub one Sunday morning with a nutpick and a pair of pliers and pull 3 of his own teeth because he couldn't afford a dentist and he couldn't afford to miss a day's work even if he had been able to afford a dentist. He got up Monday morning and went to work,too. He worked until he was 62,and in all that time he only missed work 3 days. All 3 were when he was in his late 50's and fell off a roof while shingling it.

Anyhow,I grew up understanding reality from the time I was a small child,so I had and have no excuse for ignoring reality and falling for that crap. It caught me totally by surprise,and I have no excuses.

Some things are more powerful than reason.

Sadly,some people never seem to learn,and keep clinging to those illusions until the go into the ground.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 03:20:47 pm by sneakypete »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #524 on: April 20, 2017, 03:10:03 pm »
@Smokin Joe

My wife's older sister has been married and divorced 5 times. She is beautiful, and she WAS crazy for a long time.

Then she was diagnosed with bipolar after number 5, takes meds, and is a much calmer, more pleasant person to be related to.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln