Author Topic: Obituaries for 2017  (Read 210456 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Obituaries for 2017
« Reply #175 on: February 18, 2017, 11:26:47 pm »
She was pivotal in unleashing the abortion holocaust that has slain tens of millions of humans.

I'm glad she repented and her soul can be saved, but she is not a hero

She was not responsible.  She didn't even have an abortion - she placed the child for adoption.  She was used and when she understood how and for what she was used, she fought against the pro-abortion activists. 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #176 on: February 18, 2017, 11:37:50 pm »
She was not responsible.  She didn't even have an abortion - she placed the child for adoption.  She was used and when she understood how and for what she was used, she fought against the pro-abortion activists.

Exactly.  They used her maliciously, and as you say, she never had an abortion.

The pro-abortion left is as evil as any group of people in this country.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #177 on: February 18, 2017, 11:40:16 pm »
An irony to contemplate.
Today the woman who enabled the USSC decide that a woman's right to privacy included the right to murder her unborn baby.
And today the Blink Sheik, father of the first WTC bombing in 93 died in prison.

She didn't 'enable' the USSC to do anything.

She was maliciously used to allow the evil left to enact that vile "law," never had an abortion, and went on to be a tremendous spokeswoman for the Right to Life.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Mod1

« Reply #178 on: February 18, 2017, 11:46:05 pm »
Obituary threads merged.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #179 on: February 19, 2017, 05:25:00 am »
She was a tool. If not her, there would have been another.

Who said anything about "hero"? Rejoice that a blind sinner saw the light of truth. That is a good thing.
Yes, all the way around.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #180 on: February 20, 2017, 05:28:51 pm »
Richard Schickel, Influential Time Magazine Film Critic, Dies at 84

Richard Schickel, the longtime film critic for Time magazine who also wrote 37 books, mostly on film, and directed a number of documentaries on film subjects, died on Saturday in Los Angeles of complications from a series of strokes, his family told the Los Angeles Times. He was 84.

“He was one of the fathers of American film criticism,” his daughter, writer Erika Schickel, told the Times. “He had a singular voice. When he wrote or spoke, he had an old-fashioned way of turning a phrase. He was blunt and succinct both on the page and in life.”

He wrote and/or directed more than 30 documentaries, mostly for television.
More

Wikipedia

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #181 on: February 20, 2017, 11:31:36 pm »
Fox News correspondent Brenda Buttner dies at 55

A social studies major at Harvard and a Rhodes scholar, Buttner first appeared on national TV for CNBC in 1990. She later moved to Fox News, where she served as a business correspondent and host of the weekend version of Bulls & Bears. She also edited the magazine Cycle World, a role that drew upon her hobby of motorcycling.

Buttner had been diagnosed with cancer last year.

Neil Cavuto's postmortem

Wikipedia

Official Fox News bio and archive
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #182 on: February 20, 2017, 11:59:25 pm »
Fox News correspondent Brenda Buttner dies at 55

A social studies major at Harvard and a Rhodes scholar, Buttner first appeared on national TV for CNBC in 1990. She later moved to Fox News, where she served as a business correspondent and host of the weekend version of Bulls & Bears. She also edited the magazine Cycle World, a role that drew upon her hobby of motorcycling.

Buttner had been diagnosed with cancer last year.

Neil Cavuto's postmortem

Wikipedia

Official Fox News bio and archive

I really liked her.  Was wondering where she was.  May God rest her soul.   8888crybaby
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline anubias

« Reply #183 on: February 21, 2017, 04:02:01 am »
I really liked her.  Was wondering where she was.  May God rest her soul.   8888crybaby

Just saw that she had passed away.  I too wondered where she had gone and missed her.  I had no idea she was sick with cancer.  Tears ran down my face as I watched Cavuto's tribute to her.  My whole family enjoyed watching her host Bulls and Bears. 

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #184 on: February 21, 2017, 04:03:12 am »
Horse Of The Year, Charismatic, Dead At 20

GEORGETOWN, Ky. - Dual classic winner and 1999 Horse of the Year Charismatic has died.

The 20-year-old stallion, who returned to the United States from the JBBA Shizunai Stallion Station in Japan on December 4, 2016, was pensioned at Old Friends, the Thoroughbred Retirement Center in Georgetown, KY.

The announcement of his sudden passing was made Sunday afternoon by Old Friends president Michael Blowen.

The stallion was discovered early Sunday morning. Attending veterinarian Dr. Bryan Waldridge was immediately called to the scene, but the cause of death is unknown. The results of a full necropsy are pending.

http://www.lex18.com/story/34542969/horse-of-the-year-charismatic-dead-at-20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpRqQfD_Zs8
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 04:57:05 am by TomSea »

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #185 on: February 21, 2017, 04:39:25 am »
Guitarist Larry Coryell, Godfather Of Fusion, Dies At 73

Larry Coryell, the jazz guitarist known as the "Godfather of Fusion," died Sunday night at a hotel in
New York City, according to his publicist. He was 73.

Coryell was still performing more than 50 years after his first recordings. He played at New York jazz club
Iridium on Friday and Saturday night, and had plans for a summer tour with his fusion group The Eleventh
House.

Coryell's recordings in the late 1960s, first with his band the Free Spirits, then with the Gary Burton Quartet
and finally as a bandleader, predicted the rise of jazz-rock fusion and contributed to the sonic evolution the
genre. It's no wonder that snippets of his work were sampled by renowned producers, including J Dilla and
DJ Shadow.

On the NPR program Billy Taylor's Jazz, Dr. Taylor described Coryell as such: "[Larry] plays all the styles, Latin,
jazz-rock, straight ahead jazz, European classical music. You name it, he's a master of it."

In 1970, after two records under his own name, Coryell recorded the groundbreaking fusion album Spaces.
The project featured fellow guitarist John McLaughlin, pianist Chick Corea on keyboards, bassist Miroslav
Vitouš on bass and drummer Billy Cobham.

The guitarist's '70s output totaled more than 20 albums as either a leader or co-leader. Coryell briefly worked
with McLaughlin in The Guitar Trio in 1979, but was replaced after a year by Al Di Meola due a drug addiction.

Despite a decline in critical attention, Coryell remained remarkably productive through the 1980s and beyond.
He performed on more than 100 albums, and was due to release an Eleventh House record in June of this year.

Coryell leaves behind his wife, Tracey, daughters Annie and Allegra, sons Murali and Julian, and six
grandchildren.

Larry Coryell, Jimmy Garrison, Elvin Jones, "Treats Style"

Larry Coryell, Jimmy Garrison, Elvin Jones, "Stiff Neck"
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 04:40:46 am by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #186 on: February 21, 2017, 06:38:36 am »
Loved Buttner on Bulls and Bears. RIP ma'am.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #187 on: February 22, 2017, 02:18:41 am »
Stanislaw Skrowaczewski, Minnesota Orchestra's conductor laureate, dies at 93

Minnesota Orchestra Conductor Laureate Stanislaw Skrowaczewski has died. He was 93.

Skrowaczewski came to Minnesota decades ago to lead what was then the Minneapolis Symphony Orchestra, and he never left. He changed the face of classical music in Minnesota, and remained a towering presence in the classical music world until the end.
More

Wikipedia

Offline TomSea

« Reply #188 on: February 22, 2017, 04:49:37 am »
Junie Morrison, Parliament-Funkadelic and Ohio Players Member, Dead at 62
Multi-instrumentalist played pivotal roles in both groups, helping them reach notable chart peaks

Walter "Junie" Morrison, who played keyboards in Funkadelic and the Ohio Players, died on Saturday. His daughter, Akasha, reported the news via the artist's Facebook page. The details surrounding his death have not yet been made public. He was 62.

Parliament-Funkadelic legend on why he admires Flying Lotus and Thundercat, how hip-hop saved his career, and what's next

"It is with great sadness that the Ohio Players have lost on this earth another one of the original members of the band Walter 'Junie' Morrison," the group's James "Diamond" Williams wrote on Facebook. "When I got in the band in 1972 he was my roommate on the road and a brother-in-law, at one time being married to my wife's sister. The voice of granny in the funky worm, an incredibly talented individual ... RIP PLAYER 4 Life. We send our condolences to his family and his friends and fans."

Continued: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/junie-morrison-p-funk-and-ohio-players-member-dead-at-62-w467556

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #189 on: February 23, 2017, 02:48:55 pm »
BREAKING: Alan Colmes Dead at 66
by J.D. Durkin | 9:19 am, February 23rd, 2017

Longtime radio and cable news broadcaster Alan Colmes is dead at the age of 66.

Fox News moments ago reported on Colmes’ death with a segment narrated by Sean Hannity, who paired with Colmes for years on the venerable talk show Hannity & Colmes.

more
http://www.mediaite.com/online/breaking-alan-colmes-dead-at-66/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

« Reply #190 on: February 23, 2017, 02:54:16 pm »
Alan Colmes, wow, that's something. One thing I will say for him, he certainly was able to represent the liberal side well debate-wise and had very good responses.  Rest In Peace.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #191 on: February 23, 2017, 02:59:37 pm »

Fox News moments ago reported on Colmes’ death with a segment narrated by Sean Hannity, who paired with Colmes for years on the venerable talk show Hannity & Colmes.

more

Colmes probably died from complications of Trump being elected.

Offline endicom

« Reply #192 on: February 23, 2017, 03:01:10 pm »
Townhall
Christine Rousselle
Feb. 23, 2017

Fox News broadcaster Alan Colmes passed away on Thursday at the age of 66. Colmes' death was announced on Fox.

More... https://townhall.com/tipsheet/christinerousselle/2017/02/23/alan-colmes-passes-away-at-age-66-n2289606

Apparently a good guy.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #193 on: February 23, 2017, 03:04:05 pm »

I spent many an hour as a teenager in Tower Records gazing at Ohio Players album artwork.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #194 on: February 23, 2017, 03:07:53 pm »
Colmes was married to Dr. Jocelyn Elise Crowley, a professor of public policy at Rutgers University, whose sister is Monica Crowley, the conservative radio commentator, pundit and television personality.[17]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Colmes

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #195 on: February 23, 2017, 03:27:32 pm »
Didn't agree with any of his politics, but he always approached the debate respectfully.

RIP.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #196 on: February 23, 2017, 03:30:09 pm »
This guy was a bore.

BTW, his last tweet a couple hours ago was a slam against someone....

Jason Chaffetz finds a new way to waste your taxpayer dollars http://colm.es/2moGf4T

https://twitter.com/AlanColmes?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #197 on: February 23, 2017, 03:33:05 pm »
Must have just dropped dead, just tweeted a few hours ago.
The Republic is lost.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #198 on: February 23, 2017, 03:39:41 pm »
Stanislaw Skrowaczewski, Minnesota Orchestra's conductor laureate, dies at 93
More

Wikipedia

Wow!  I sang with the Minnesota Orchestra under Skrowaczewski (Skro- va- chev- ski).  He had the weirdest conducting style I've ever seen.

I had no idea he was still alive.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #199 on: February 23, 2017, 03:40:39 pm »

more

My husband just said that he always looked sick.

I wonder what he died from.