Author Topic: Obituaries for 2017  (Read 210462 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

Re: Obituaries for 2017
« Reply #200 on: February 23, 2017, 03:47:15 pm »
SOURCE: CBS NEWS

URL: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/alan-colmes-liberal-voice-at-fox-news-dead-at-66/

NEW YORK -- Alan Colmes, the radio and television host and commentator best known as the amiable liberal foil to the hard-right Sean Hannity on the Fox News Channel, has died.

Fox spokeswoman Dana Klinghoffer confirmed his death Thursday. Fox also aired a statement from his family saying that he died Thursday morning after “a brief illness.” Colmes was 66 and is survived by his wife, Jocelyn Elise Crowley.

“He was a great guy, brilliant, hysterical, and moral,” the family statement said. “He was fiercely loyal, and the only thing he loved more than his work was his life with Jocelyn. He will be missed.”

Colmes was a New York City native who worked for years in radio and standup comedy before joining Fox in 1996. That same year he and the conservative Hannity began a 12-year run as co-hosts of the popular “Hannity & Colmes” program. Colmes also was an author, his books including “Thank the Liberals” and “Red, White & Liberal.”

Former Fox anchor Megyn Kelly, conservative commentator Ann Coulter and Fox personalities were among those who took to social media following news of Colmes’ death.

Heartbroken my friend Alan Colmes has died. He lit up the FNC halls w/his kindness & humor. Incredibly positive force. Prayers 4 his family.

— Megyn Kelly (@megynkelly) February 23, 2017

WHAT? @AlanColmes passed away????? Noooooooooooo! Very sad. He was a good guy. Always surprised people that way. https://t.co/RL1AmwGpmx

— Ann Coulter (@AnnCoulter) February 23, 2017

I can tell you tears r flowing @FoxBusiness @FoxNews right now. We are all devastated by the loss of kind soul @AlanColmes may god bless RIP

— Liz Claman (@LizClaman) February 23, 2017

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #201 on: February 23, 2017, 03:49:21 pm »
Conservative Pundit Monica Crowley is the sister-in-law of Alan Colmes.

She once said on her radio show that they never talk politics at the dinner table during Thanksgiving or Christmas.

Alan Colmes was one of the few liberal pundits that was at least watchable. He could make very informed points for his positions, but if you think about them further, those are easily refuted. The fact that he could give his opinions without sounding obnoxious is always a refreshing change from nasty lefties like say, Maxine Waters.

He was a really pleasant guy you could have a beer with. RIP.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 03:53:53 pm by SirLinksALot »

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #202 on: February 23, 2017, 03:52:35 pm »
It is, indeed, sad news.  He seemed to be a good man.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline anubias

« Reply #203 on: February 23, 2017, 03:58:51 pm »
My husband just said that he always looked sick.

I wonder what he died from.

He's looked ill for years, but it might have been due to dying his hair too dark.  Supposedly, it was a brief illness according to FOX.

Offline Frandia

« Reply #204 on: February 23, 2017, 04:14:30 pm »
Alan Colmes.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #205 on: February 23, 2017, 04:23:44 pm »
I think the word for how Colmes appeared might have been "gaunt"; which many lean people tend to have. I doubt if he smoked. A short illness.

I mean, I don't like the liberal positions he would take, but at least they were somewhat civil on Fox versus having folks like Chris Matthews, etc. on.

Offline Mod2

« Reply #206 on: February 23, 2017, 04:37:55 pm »
Merged thread on Alan Colmes.

Offline CSM

« Reply #207 on: February 23, 2017, 04:46:31 pm »
Fox News Channel's Alan Colmes has passed away at age 66 after a brief illness.

Colmes leaves behind his wife, Jocelyn Crowley, who issued the following statement:

Alan Colmes passed away this morning after a brief illness. He was 66-years-old. He leaves his adoring and devoted wife, Jocelyn Elise Crowley. He was a great guy, brilliant, hysterical, and moral. He was fiercely loyal, and the only thing he loved more than his work was his life with Jocelyn. He will be missed. The family has asked for privacy during this very difficult time.
Bill Hemmer announced the sad news this morning on "America's Newsroom," which then aired a tribute package from Fox News Channel host Sean Hannity, his former co-host on "Hannity & Colmes."

In a statement this morning, Hannity called Alan Colmes "one of life's most decent, kind and wonderful people you'd ever want to meet."

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/02/23/alan-colmes-dies-66

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #208 on: February 23, 2017, 05:07:21 pm »
This is like the 23rd thread on this. Was he that important? Scalia didn't get this much play.

Offline CSM

« Reply #209 on: February 23, 2017, 05:09:20 pm »
This is like the 23rd thread on this. Was he that important? Scalia didn't get this much play.

Hmm, I didn't see any and that surprised me.  I even utilized a search function and did not achieve any success.

I do have to wonder if Alan is still an Atheist!

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #210 on: February 23, 2017, 05:13:00 pm »
@CSM

I heard Hannity speak this morning about Alan's passing.  He said it was expected and he and Alan talked about it.  So, this wasn't a sudden death, like a heart attack, as I first thought it must be. 
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 05:13:40 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #211 on: February 23, 2017, 05:13:22 pm »
Didn't agree with any of his politics, but he always approached the debate respectfully.

RIP.

:thumbsup:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #212 on: February 23, 2017, 05:13:43 pm »
I do have to wonder if Alan is still an Atheist!

Of course not. Didn't you hear? He's dead.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #213 on: February 23, 2017, 05:16:18 pm »
Must have just dropped dead, just tweeted a few hours ago.
@Free Vulcan

No, I heard Hannity this morning about Alan's death and he said it was expected and he and Alan talked about it.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #214 on: February 23, 2017, 05:19:16 pm »
I merged several of the Alan Colmes threads
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #215 on: February 23, 2017, 05:25:17 pm »
This guy was a bore.
@Frank Cannon

Frank, you are a callous person.  You seldom have a kind word for anyone.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #216 on: February 23, 2017, 05:30:03 pm »
I guess I'm one of the few that never cared for Colmes. He always rubbed me the wrong way. Maybe he was better off screen, but he had perfected the smug smirky lib persona long before Obama and the Snowflakes came along.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #217 on: February 23, 2017, 05:53:29 pm »
@Frank Cannon

Frank, you are a callous person.  You seldom have a kind word for anyone.

Is there a law I missed where I have to automatically like assholes after they die? I didn't like him yesterday and I still don't like him today even though his voting status just changed to mail in ballot.

There are 15 threads on this nobody who's stated goal was to destroy the country. How many threads are there on soldiers who died this month defending the country?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #218 on: February 23, 2017, 05:58:12 pm »
I guess I'm one of the few that never cared for Colmes. He always rubbed me the wrong way. Maybe he was better off screen, but he had perfected the smug smirky lib persona long before Obama and the Snowflakes came along.

That inappropriate smile was pretty much the reason I liked his predecessor on CNN, Tom Braden, better.

May they both RIP.

Offline CSM

« Reply #219 on: February 23, 2017, 06:04:43 pm »
Merged thread on Alan Colmes.

Ahhh, thank you for merging my thread into this one.  I appreciate the help.

Offline CSM

« Reply #220 on: February 23, 2017, 06:06:10 pm »

I am with you.  I never liked him, but am biting my tongue...I'm sure that he is learning how very wrong he was right now!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #221 on: February 23, 2017, 06:12:14 pm »

Yep.   :nometalk:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #222 on: February 23, 2017, 06:17:27 pm »
That inappropriate smile was pretty much the reason I liked his predecessor on CNN, Tom Braden, better.

May they both RIP.

Slightly off-topic but in mentioning Tom Braden, I didn't know this.

Tom Braden, a newspaper columnist whose 1975 book about his eight children, “Eight Is Enough,” inspired the ABC television series, died at his home in Denver on Friday. He was 92.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/06/arts/television/06braden.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Braden

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #223 on: February 23, 2017, 06:21:35 pm »
Slightly off-topic but in mentioning Tom Braden, I didn't know this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Braden

I didn't like Braden either.  He was incredibly rude to Buchanan at times.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #224 on: February 23, 2017, 06:54:37 pm »
Poor Alan Colmes. I remember listening to him back in the early 90s on WABC radio late night.
66 seems young.

Didn't always agree with him, but before he was syndicated he knew his NYC politics and told some funny jokes on air.

RIP.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️