Author Topic: Obama plots jobs killing 'midnight lawsuits'  (Read 950 times)

rangerrebew

Obama plots jobs killing 'midnight lawsuits'
« on: December 30, 2016, 05:15:58 pm »

Obama plots jobs killing 'midnight lawsuits'
By Paul Bedard (@SecretsBedard) • 12/29/16 1:18 PM

The Obama administration, which is planning to unleash billions of dollars of new last minute regulations to shore up the president's legacy, is now also readying "midnight litigation" targeting businesses, lawsuits that are expected to kill jobs.

In advance of that move, several pro-business and anti-tax groups are urging the incoming Trump administration to junk the lawsuits on Day One.

In a letter to transition chief Mike Pence, the vice president-elect, the groups warned, "Should the Obama administration bring non-routine, last minute, legally unorthodox midnight litigation, your administration should not hesitate to withdraw immediately from that litigation."

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Obama plots jobs killing 'midnight lawsuits'
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 05:25:50 pm »
I look at all of this Obama last minute nonsense as acts of desperation. Except for the pardons, Trump will be able to junk all of it.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 05:28:47 pm »
The Petulant Little Prince's last-minute, scorched-Earth strategy continues.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2016, 05:33:23 pm »
Trump is expert at choosing key phrases about opponents that stick in people's minds.  "Low Energy Bush", "Crooked Hillary", etc.

Un-American fits Obama and I hope he tweets it out a million times the next 4 years.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2016, 05:40:08 pm »
I look at all of this Obama last minute nonsense as acts of desperation. Except for the pardons, Trump will be able to junk all of it.

He can't undo any of the land takings under the Antiquities Act, as Obastard did last week.  It takes an act of Congress (literally) to undo that.  Clinton got away with locking up our best coal field back in the 90's, as a return for a bribe from the Lippo Group.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hondo69

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2016, 07:22:29 am »
The history books will never reflect this, but for many of us Obama's legacy will be as a war president.

War on jobs.

War on First Amendment rights.

War on the Constitution.

etc.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2016, 07:37:03 am »
Of course Trump can junk anything 0 did in his administration.

I  wonder for how many years Trump will blame O and those years  for not getting anything done in his own administration.. :shrug:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2016, 02:06:55 pm »

These suits will be a problem for the defendants in that they will have to spend money on legal fees and costs until and unless those lawsuits are dismissed.  And those fees and costs, in turn, will be passed on to the customers.

Obama is not done trying to further destroy America.  It remains to be seen whether Trump is willing and able to reverse the course. 

Offline Hondo69

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2016, 04:10:07 pm »
Obama is not done trying to further destroy America. 

I fully expect him to work closely with the United Nations and other ultra-radical groups.