Author Topic: STUNNING Move by Putin  (Read 7810 times)

geronl

Re: STUNNING Move by Putin
« Reply #75 on: January 02, 2017, 02:59:01 pm »

Hell, regarding how to deal with our true mortal enemy, Islam, I kinda like Russia's approach better than the one the west has taken these past 25 years.

Stomping on everyones freedom of religion, banning the sharing of your faith outside of church, burning Bibles, jailing missionaries.... you "kinda like" that tyranny

Offline r9etb

« Reply #76 on: January 02, 2017, 03:10:24 pm »
Stomping on everyones freedom of religion, banning the sharing of your faith outside of church, burning Bibles, jailing missionaries.... you "kinda like" that tyranny

I doubt they actually think through the hypocrisy of what they say.  IMO, some of the worst aspects of TOS are showing up here, too.  Best to name them now, and keep naming them.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #77 on: January 02, 2017, 03:12:03 pm »

There is a reason the British burned a lot of colonial churches.

"It was Sunday morning early in the year 1776.  In the church where Pastor Muhlenberg preached, it was a regular service for his congregation, but a quite different affair for Muhlenberg himself.  Muhlenberg's text for the day was Ecclesiastes 3 where it explains, 'To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven; a time to be born, and a time to die, a time to plant, and a time to pluck what is planted...'"

"Coming to the end of his sermon, Peter Muhlenberg turned to his congregation and said, 'In the language of the holy writ, there was a time for all things, a time to preach and a time to pray, but those times have passed away.'  As those assembled looked on, Pastor Muhlenberg declared, 'There is a time to fight, and that time is now coming!' Muhlenberg then proceeded to remove his robes revealing, to the shock of his congregation, a military uniform."

"Marching to the back of the church he declared, 'Who among you is with me?' On that day 300 men from his church stood up and joined Peter Muhlenberg. They eventually became the 8th Virginia Brigade fighting for liberty."

"Frederick Muhlenberg, Peter's brother, was against Peter's level of involvement in the war. Peter responded to Frederick writing, 'I am a Clergyman it is true, but I am a member of the Society as well as the poorest Layman, and my Liberty is as dear to me as any man, shall I then sit still and enjoy myself at Home when the best Blood of the Covenant is spilling? ...So far am I from thinking that I act wrong, I am convinced it is my duty to do so and duly I owe to God and my country."

Offline skeeter

« Reply #78 on: January 02, 2017, 03:12:55 pm »

Yeah, thats exactly what I meant.

You really need to dial back a bit.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #79 on: January 02, 2017, 03:16:47 pm »
I doubt they actually think through the hypocrisy of what they say.  IMO, some of the worst aspects of TOS are showing up here, too.  Best to name them now, and keep naming them.

I see some of that, too.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 03:19:40 pm by skeeter »

Offline jpsb

« Reply #80 on: January 02, 2017, 03:21:51 pm »
Back in the day our respective ideologies made us enemies, the fact that communism was almost an invasive religion and they were its high priest.

While I understand that today many in Russia may pine for the days they were the 800 lb gorilla in eastern Europe I'm really not sure why they need to be considered our mortal enemy today. A potential adversary requiring careful handling, maybe, but not an enemy to be opposed at every turn.

Hell, regarding how to deal with our true mortal enemy, Islam, I kinda like Russia's approach better than the one the west has taken these past 25 years.

Exactly how I see things too

BUMP

Offline jpsb

« Reply #81 on: January 02, 2017, 03:34:51 pm »
@TomSea

We in the west had the PERFECT change to gain a VERY powerful ally after the USSR collapsed,but first Clinton and then Bush did everything they could do to screw Russia at every turn,so it shouldn't be any surprise they started distrusting us again.

@sneakypete

The Elder Bush was not helpful either, insisting on a program of austerity for Russia instead of helping them get back on their feet. But Bill bombing Serbia to help Islam take over Kosovo was the last straw for Russia. I guess we can all thank Monica for that. Perhaps Trump can begin to repair the relationship. Russia is or rather should be, a natural ally of the USA, given an aggressive and expansive communist China.

Lots of folks make a big deal over the Crimean, they should check their history. The Crimean has been Russian since the time of Catharine the Great. Mexico has as good a claim on Texas as the Ukraine has on the Crimean.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #82 on: January 02, 2017, 03:47:51 pm »

@r9etb   @geronl

Ahhhh,good to see you guys coming out here and rating Islam to be a religion equal to Christianity and Judaism!

And to think that people call ME "anti-religious"!

Thanks,guys!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #83 on: January 02, 2017, 03:54:08 pm »
There is a reason the British burned a lot of colonial churches.

"It was Sunday morning early in the year 1776.  In the church where Pastor Muhlenberg preached, it was a regular service for his congregation, but a quite different affair for Muhlenberg himself.  Muhlenberg's text for the day was Ecclesiastes 3 where it explains, 'To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven; a time to be born, and a time to die, a time to plant, and a time to pluck what is planted...'"

"Coming to the end of his sermon, Peter Muhlenberg turned to his congregation and said, 'In the language of the holy writ, there was a time for all things, a time to preach and a time to pray, but those times have passed away.'  As those assembled looked on, Pastor Muhlenberg declared, 'There is a time to fight, and that time is now coming!' Muhlenberg then proceeded to remove his robes revealing, to the shock of his congregation, a military uniform."

"Marching to the back of the church he declared, 'Who among you is with me?' On that day 300 men from his church stood up and joined Peter Muhlenberg. They eventually became the 8th Virginia Brigade fighting for liberty."

"Frederick Muhlenberg, Peter's brother, was against Peter's level of involvement in the war. Peter responded to Frederick writing, 'I am a Clergyman it is true, but I am a member of the Society as well as the poorest Layman, and my Liberty is as dear to me as any man, shall I then sit still and enjoy myself at Home when the best Blood of the Covenant is spilling? ...So far am I from thinking that I act wrong, I am convinced it is my duty to do so and duly I owe to God and my country."

@Cripplecreek

COOL! Now you guys are coming out of your shells and equating  the Founding Fathers with the Mullahs in Shitstainastan. Which means they are heroes we should all strive to be like.

Either that,or you are just mindless fools grabbing hold of anything you can grab to try to make Trump and his supporters look to be evil.

Which is it?

Or is it the third possibility,you are just too  freaking stupid to be allowed to cross a street by yourselves? Speaking for myself,I am to the point where all I can say in respect to that is "Run,Forest,run! You can run faster than those cars coming,don't worry about it and don't even look at them!"  Make America a better place,and just do it!

Offline r9etb

« Reply #84 on: January 02, 2017, 03:57:43 pm »
@r9etb   @geronl

Ahhhh,good to see you guys coming out here and rating Islam to be a religion equal to Christianity and Judaism!

And to think that people call ME "anti-religious"!

Thanks,guys!

I think "bigot" seems to be a better word. 

Offline skeeter

« Reply #85 on: January 02, 2017, 04:00:39 pm »
@Cripplecreek

COOL! Now you guys are coming out of your shells and equating  the Founding Fathers with the Mullahs in Shitstainastan. Which means they are heroes we should all strive to be like.

Either that,or you are just mindless fools grabbing hold of anything you can grab to try to make Trump and his supporters look to be evil.

Which is it?

Or is it the third possibility,you are just too  freaking stupid to be allowed to cross a street by yourselves? Speaking for myself,I am to the point where all I can say in respect to that is "Run,Forest,run! You can run faster than those cars coming,don't worry about it and don't even look at them!"  Make America a better place,and just do it!

In a nutshell, I was referring to Russia's inclination to name Islamic terrorism 'Islamic terrorism' while we are encouraged to call it 'workplace violence'.

Now why would anyone want to equate that with supporting persecution of Christian missionaries?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 04:01:34 pm by skeeter »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #86 on: January 02, 2017, 04:03:51 pm »
@sneakypete

The Elder Bush was not helpful either, insisting on a program of austerity for Russia instead of helping them get back on their feet. But Bill bombing Serbia to help Islam take over Kosovo was the last straw for Russia. I guess we can all thank Monica for that. Perhaps Trump can begin to repair the relationship. Russia is or rather should be, a natural ally of the USA, given an aggressive and expansive communist China.

Lots of folks make a big deal over the Crimean, they should check their history. The Crimean has been Russian since the time of Catharine the Great. Mexico has as good a claim on Texas as the Ukraine has on the Crimean.

@jpsb  Absolutely correct.

Too many people seem to have trouble seeing past their noses.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #87 on: January 02, 2017, 04:05:15 pm »

@r9etb

Ok,so you are bigots. I fail to see the distinction,but if it makes you happy.......

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #88 on: January 02, 2017, 04:05:32 pm »
In a nutshell, I was referring to Russia's inclination to name Islamic terrorism 'Islamic terrorism' while we are encouraged to call it 'workplace violence'.

Now why would anyone want to equate that with supporting persecution of Christian missionaries?

Anything to demean Trump, really.  It's also why McStain and Linda Graham are all over the "Russian Hacker" story.  It has nothing to do with getting to the bottom of the cyber attacks, but everything to do with making it look like Trump used the Russians to cheat. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #89 on: January 02, 2017, 04:07:44 pm »

@skeeter

Where did I say you were supporting persecution of Christian missionaries?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #90 on: January 02, 2017, 04:07:56 pm »

"Bigot" is a great word to apply to a political opponent.  After a successful application of the word, the person so accused can no longer make any arguments and is effectively silenced.  It's why leftists love to use the word.  As can be seen here, TBR is not immune to the tactic.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 05:42:39 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #91 on: January 02, 2017, 04:10:47 pm »
@skeeter

Where did I say you were supporting persecution of Christian missionaries?
I wasn't referring to you.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #92 on: January 02, 2017, 04:12:35 pm »
@r9etb

Ok,so you are bigots. I fail to see the distinction,but if it makes you happy.......

Let me clarify: you're a bigot who apparently never outgrew scathing 3rd-grade retorts.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #93 on: January 02, 2017, 04:13:25 pm »
I wasn't referring to you.

@skeeter

Thanks. I was confused because you quoted me,and I am the only one  you "pinged".

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #94 on: January 02, 2017, 04:14:35 pm »
Let me clarify: you're a bigot who apparently never outgrew scathing 3rd-grade retorts.

@r9etb

ROFLMAO! You are so lacking in reason you HAVE NO CLARITY.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #95 on: January 02, 2017, 04:17:20 pm »

I don't waste my time on that steaming pile of soiled diapers. I don't get paid for trash handling.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #96 on: January 02, 2017, 04:21:20 pm »
Unfortunately, if some of us are labelled bigots per attitudes about Islam, it doesn't really insult us.

Buddhist Monks in Saffron Robes? Pagodas? Not really a problem. There's a reason for all of this.

Now, in the largely Buddhist country of Myanmar, I see some of the Muslims have fled and said they would never go back. I think we do try to look at things objectively.

Seems we are quite a bit off-topic, but I had to say so. We don't mean to be "mean" to one set of beliefs, just pragmatic.

We should discuss this, I know it bums some people out and then, they come here less; but it deserves discussion.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #97 on: January 02, 2017, 04:21:55 pm »
@skeeter

Thanks. I was confused because you quoted me,and I am the only one  you "pinged".

Yeah, sorry. I was just thinking out loud.

More thinking out loud - some people really need to stop being so damn dogmatic in their thinking. Its a good thing these people weren't in charge during WWII - they would've rejected the alliance with the USSR as a means to defeat naziism.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #98 on: January 02, 2017, 04:36:02 pm »
Oops, wrong thread, goes in the McCain thread.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 04:39:25 pm by TomSea »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #99 on: January 02, 2017, 04:40:16 pm »
Enough..or I will lock this thread....I am not going to bother editing posts as there are too many..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34