Author Topic: In NYT op-ed, Jimmy Carter urges Obama to divide Israel, recognize Palestinian state before Jan. 20  (Read 505 times)

rangerrebew

In NYT op-ed, Jimmy Carter urges Obama to divide Israel, recognize Palestinian state before Jan. 20
Dan Calabrese image

By Dan Calabrese —— Bio and Archives December 28, 2016

Just in case you think Barack Obama hasn’t done enough damage to Israel yet, the man still has 22 days left in his presidency. He appears determined to use all of them to the fullest possible horrific effect. Normally I wouldn’t take seriously anything Jimmy Carter says, but given how much earth Obama seems determined to scorch before leaving office on January 20, we might want to keep an eye on this idea.

By allowing the passage of a UN resolution that makes West Bank and East Jerusalem settlements illegal under international law, Obama set the political stage for the further legal sanctioning of Israel, and helped set up the pretext for the UN to draw new borders making the so-called “occupied territories” part of a new Palestinian start.

The latter is the ultimate goal of Israel’s enemies because it effectively leaves Israel defenseless against future attacks, which are sure to come. But hey, you’ve got 22 days! The UN is probably willing, so why not just go ahead and do it now? Jimmeh writes in the New York Times that this is exactly what Obama should do:

http://canadafreepress.com/article/in-nyt-op-ed-jimmy-carter-urges-obama-to-divide-israel-recognize-palestinia#
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 02:16:38 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Rivergirl

One can only hope that Obie does not want to be seen as taking advice from the peanut man.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Amazing how the same person that negotiated the peace deal between Israel and Egypt has turned into one of the biggest Israel haters the U.S. has next to the current Administration.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Just_Victor

Last time I checked, the POTUS doesn't have the authority to divide another sovereign nation.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Last time I checked, the POTUS doesn't have the authority to divide another sovereign nation.

Just more wishful thinking from the failed Peanut Farmer.

Any bets as to whether he secretly wishes we would use our military to force Israel to adhere to the two state solution?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
I can't wait till Obummer is just another member of the peanut gallery.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

True; but in that resolution, I understand that they want to go back to the so-called "1967 borders":
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Articles/Article.aspx/19961   , so things like this and the different sectors of Jerusalem seem to point in this direction.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
True; but in that resolution, I understand that they want to go back to the so-called "1967 borders":
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Articles/Article.aspx/19961   , so things like this and the different sectors of Jerusalem seem to point in this direction.

Going back to those borders would spell doom for Israel.  Which is the intention of including that in the resolution.

Offline Rivergirl

When the arabs controlled the historic sites in Israel there was destruction of those sites and no one was permitted to enter those sites except arabs.

Israel freed all the religious historic sites so that all could visit.