Author Topic: U.S. appeals court revives Clinton email suit  (Read 750 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
U.S. appeals court revives Clinton email suit
« on: December 28, 2016, 02:47:19 am »
U.S. appeals court revives Clinton email suit

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - In a new legal development on the controversy over former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's emails, an appeals court on Tuesday reversed a lower court ruling and said two U.S. government agencies should have done more to recover the emails.
The ruling from Judge Stephen Williams, of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, revives one of a number of legal challenges involving Clinton's handling of government emails when she was secretary of state from 2009 to 2013.
Clinton, the 2016 Democratic presidential nominee, used a private email server housed at her New York home to handle State Department emails. She handed over 55,000 emails to U.S. officials probing that system, but did not release about 30,000 she said were personal and not work related.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-appeals-court-revives-clinton-email-suit-194958894.html
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline corbe

Re: U.S. appeals court revives Clinton email suit
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 03:04:03 am »
   Trump's gotta be prayin that Judge Williams, a Reagan Appointee, can keep some pressure on, so obummer can pardon her and 'lock her up' as a campaign promise, goes away forever.
    1 down, 2,371 to go.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 04:14:13 am »
   Trump's gotta be prayin that Judge Williams, a Reagan Appointee, can keep some pressure on, so obummer can pardon her and 'lock her up' as a campaign promise, goes away forever.
    1 down, 2,371 to go.

I think he already made it clear to everyone that was an empty promise of which he never intended on fulfilling anyways.  But you are right.  Obama probably will pardon her.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 07:13:31 pm »
I think he already made it clear to everyone that was an empty promise of which he never intended on fulfilling anyways.  But you are right.  Obama probably will pardon her.

Someone else made the point (maybe not here on TBR) that a pardon is a tacit admission of guilt, as you can't pardon someone who isn't guilty of something.  It may be that Hillary would refuse a pardon for that reason.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!