Author Topic: Paladino apologises: Trump ally Carl Paladino: I was ‘emotional’ when I wished Obama dead and insulted the first lady  (Read 709 times)

geronl

Trump ally Carl Paladino: I was ‘emotional’ when I wished Obama dead and insulted the first lady
Carl Paladino, who co-chaired President-elect Donald Trump’s campaign in New York, issued a lengthy statement on Tuesday amid continuing uproar over racially offensive comments he made about President Obama and first lady Michelle Obama.

In a press release, Paladino apologized to the “minority community” for his remarks, which appeared in a feature that was published in the Western New York weekly Artvoice on Dec. 23. Paladino blamed the comments on an “emotional” reaction to President Obama’s handling of the situation in Syria and accidentally hitting the wrong button in his email.

“I never intended to hurt the minority community who I spent years trying to help out of the cycle of poverty in our inner cities. To them I apologize,” began Paladino, who has been a member of the school board in Buffalo, N.Y., since 2013.

Paladino, a billionaire real estate entrepreneur and former gubernatorial candidate who has reveled in a reputation for inflammatory comments, also took shots at “progressive haters” and the media in his statement.
excerpt

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-ally-carl-paladino-i-was-emotional-when-i-wished-obama-dead-and-insulted-the-first-lady-183444824.html.

Offline RedHead

And of course he is not and never has been a racist. </sarcasm>

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
There isn't enough popcorn in the world now that the Alt Right is falling into civil war.

Alt-right movement descends into civil war after leading figure is booted from Trump inauguration event

http://www.businessinsider.com/alt-right-civil-war-twitter-cernovich-milo-alaska-2016-12

"Mike got upset that I was tweeting some things about Jewish people," he tweeted. "I don't hate Jews, but there are some things that I like to talk about. I'm alt-right, I've always been alt-right. I've never said I'm not alt-right unlike Mike Cernovich, Paul Joseph Watson, Milo and these other cucks. I've always been alt-right."

:silly:

geronl

"Mike got upset that I was tweeting some things about Jewish people," he tweeted. "I don't hate Jews, but there are some things that I like to talk about. I'm alt-right, I've always been alt-right. I've never said I'm not alt-right unlike Mike Cernovich, Paul Joseph Watson, Milo and these other cucks. I've always been alt-right."

:silly:

lol

Offline Cripplecreek

“I never intended to hurt the minority community who I spent years trying to help out of the cycle of poverty in our inner cities. To them I apologize,”

Isn't that always the case. Years spent helping people with nary a sign of success in sight.

Online corbe

I do that too, but I'm usually drunk, not 'emotional'. 
   Fortunately, I rarely have to apologize for it, being in such a 'tolerant crowd' here.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
   I do that too, but I'm usually drunk, not 'emotional'. 
   Fortunately, I rarely have to apologize for it, being in such a 'tolerant crowd' here.
I was having a conversation with someone the other day about Paladino's remarks. The other guy said "he had to be drunk to say that."
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
And of course he is not and never has been a racist. </sarcasm>

Please.  Can we not make any negative statements about Obama?  Even now. 

Refusing to do so because of his race is racist.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

HonestJohn

I was having a conversation with someone the other day about Paladino's remarks. The other guy said "he had to be drunk to say that."

All alcohol does is drop the societal filters that keep one's inner thoughts from getting out.

If he said it while drunk, then that's his true thoughts on the matter.

Offline Cripplecreek

All alcohol does is drop the societal filters that keep one's inner thoughts from getting out.

If he said it while drunk, then that's his true thoughts on the matter.

Who needs Sodium Pentothal when scotch works just as well?

As Ron (Tater) White famously stated......They told me I had the right to remain silent. I did not have the ability.

HonestJohn

Who needs Sodium Pentothal when scotch works just as well?

As Ron (Tater) White famously stated......They told me I had the right to remain silent. I did not have the ability.

Drinking in Asia is vital to getting a business deal, because they want to see how you are with your filters down.  In essence, it's a 'Can they trust you?' discovery session.

http://www.businessinsider.com/getting-drunk-in-japan-business-deals-2015-2
http://travel.cnn.com/seoul/drink/business-travelers-guide-drinking-korea-213012/
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 08:10:50 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

The two most recent Republican Presidents do not drink alcohol, at all.

Paladino is a nobody, except of course to social justice warriors trying to pin anything/everything on Trump.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln