Author Topic: Rep. Waters Refuses to Meet With Trump to Find Common Ground on Policies  (Read 536 times)

rangerrebew

Rep. Waters Refuses to Meet With Trump to Find Common Ground on Policies
Posted By Cameron Cawthorne On December 26, 2016 @ 5:57 pm In Politics | No Comments

Rep. Maxine Waters (D., Calif.), a ranking member on the House Financial Services Committee, said on Monday that she refuses to sit down with President-elect Donald Trump to find common ground on policy differences.

MSNBC host Jacob Soboroff asked Waters whether she agreed with incoming Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer’s (D., N.Y.) strategy of working with the Trump administration on areas they can find agreement.

Article printed from Washington Free Beacon: http://freebeacon.com

URL to article: http://freebeacon.com/politics/rep-waters-refuses-meet-trump-find-common-ground-policies/

rangerrebew

Re: Rep. Waters Refuses to Meet With Trump to Find Common Ground on Policies
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 12:54:04 pm »
Defiant Maxine Waters refuses to even meet with Trump: The problem with Dems is we’re too ‘nice’
December 27, 2016 | Samantha Chang | Print Article   

“Alcohol is a hell of a drug.”

That’s the reaction one Twitter user had after Congresswoman Maxine Waters ranted that Democrats are “too nice.” The California Democrat made the absurd remark during an interview with MSNBC’s Jacob Soboroff:

That has been a problem in my party, that when we’re in power, we’re nice. We bend over backwards to work with people. Trump has stepped over everybody.

Waters was reacting to reports that Democratic lawmakers like Chuck Schumer said they are willing to work with Donald Trump to find common ground when he takes office.

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2016/12/27/defiant-maxine-waters-refuses-even-meet-trump-problem-dems-nice-428444
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 12:54:51 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 02:21:03 pm »
If you really want to move America in the right direction, there should be no common ground with the likes of Maxine Waters
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2016, 11:30:54 pm »
“Alcohol is a hell of a drug.”

It ain't the only one either.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2016, 11:41:30 pm »

Doncha just love all these Leftists and Leftwing groups "preemptively" refusing to meet with Trump.

Who ever said that Trump would agree to meet with them in the first place? Even if they begged him.

Who ever said Melania wants to use the 'boob-belt' designer who dressed Michelle in all those clown costumes?

I'm still waiting for Whoppi Goldberg and Rosie O'Donnell to issue a formal statement saying that they 'refuse' to meet with Trump. LoL
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2016, 07:07:03 pm »
Doncha just love all these Leftists and Leftwing groups "preemptively" refusing to meet with Trump.

Who ever said that Trump would agree to meet with them in the first place? Even if they begged him.

Who ever said Melania wants to use the 'boob-belt' designer who dressed Michelle in all those clown costumes?

I'm still waiting for Whoppi Goldberg and Rosie O'Donnell to issue a formal statement saying that they 'refuse' to meet with Trump. LoL

Agreed.  Trump's response to all this ought to be, "Why in the world would I ever want to meet with those losers?"
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!