Author Topic: Report: USAF Discovers 19 Running Tracks That Are Too Long; Contacting Airmen Who Failed Fitness Tests  (Read 1035 times)

rangerrebew

Report: USAF Discovers 19 Running Tracks That Are Too Long; Contacting Airmen Who Failed Fitness Tests

Nineteen U.S. Air Force bases have running tracks that are too long, and 16 have tracks that are too short, the MilitaryTimes reported [1] on Wednesday.

The track in Hanscom, Mass. is 360 feet too long; the one in Travis, Calif. is 96 feet too long; and the track in Goodfellow, Texas is 85 feet too long, which might not be a problem, except some airmen have failed to complete a 1.5-mile run in the required time, because the track was longer than everyone thought.

The report said the Air Force is "promising to make things right for airmen who wrongly failed their physical fitness tests as a result of the mismeasurements."

Source URL: http://www.cnsnews.com/blog/susan-jones/report-usaf-discovers-19-running-tracks-are-too-long-contacting-airmen-who-failed

Offline mountaineer

It's really not that difficult.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
That's really freaking embarrassing.  Being off by 10 feet or so...sure.  But 300 feet?  Weren't there any zoomies out there who are in good enough shape to know that course was off the very first time they ran it??

Well, I guess given that they probably get 20 minutes or so to "run" their mile and a half, I guess it's understandable.....

****slapping
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 04:35:01 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
That's really freaking embarrassing.  Being off by 10 feet or so...sure.  But 300 feet?  Weren't there any zoomies out there who are in good enough shape to know that course was off the very first time they ran it??

Well, I guess given that they probably get 20 minutes or so to "run" their mile and a half, I guess it's understandable.....

****slapping

@Maj. Bill Martin

I think its about 12 to 14 minutes but it depends on your age and gender.      When I was in they stopped having us run.  They put us on a bike and recorded our heart rate as a measure of our fitness.   I lived at about 6200 ft of altitude and had to test on station in Cheyenne Mountain, which is about 8500 feet of altitude.   The test used the same standards regardless of where you were stationed and they said altitude had no impact to the test.    Apparently the amount of oxygen doesn't effect you according to the air force.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

rangerrebew

****slapping

Are these the same people flying multimillion dollar jets the geniuses who did the measuring? :silly: