Author Topic: Trump’s Victory Is a Pivotal Turning Point in Human History  (Read 33378 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Trump’s Victory Is a Pivotal Turning Point in Human History
« Reply #400 on: January 03, 2017, 06:33:20 pm »
I wish I could put this entire thread on ignore but unfortunately, I made the mistake of posting to it early on when it still had a topic.

I'd go with that, because I keep getting pinged to it by people I have on ignore and it's getting tedious.

I DID participate in the actual discussion until a certain Ignoree hijacked it with his Bush crush/fantasies.

That's when the thread went south.

(My apologies for my temporary participation in his trolling).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

geronl

« Reply #401 on: January 03, 2017, 06:37:12 pm »
Oh really?  Care to put your money where your mouth is? 

When serving a ministry in the third world, it is necessary to reveal the service I was called to in order to bring the plight of those persecuted and destitute to the attention of the church in the West.

I have a nephew who is a missionary in Ecuador with his wife and kids, they Facebook their mission-trip which is lasting years.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #402 on: January 03, 2017, 06:39:25 pm »
I have a nephew who is a missionary in Ecuador with his wife and kids, they Facebook their mission-trip which is lasting years.

The person who made that accusation clearly has no experience with missionaries.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #403 on: January 03, 2017, 06:45:11 pm »
I'd go with that, because I keep getting pinged to it by people I have on ignore and it's getting tedious.

I DID participate in the actual discussion until a certain Ignoree hijacked it with his Bush crush/fantasies.

That's when the thread went south.

(My apologies for my temporary participation in his trolling).

Agreed, I would love to be able to opt out of threads that I've long since lost interest in.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #404 on: January 03, 2017, 06:46:51 pm »
@musiclady

Of course you are. You are smart,pretty,and people like you. Honest.

You forgot "madly in love".   :nono:

^-^   @sneakypete

« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 06:48:02 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #405 on: January 03, 2017, 06:49:10 pm »
Agreed, I would love to be able to opt out of threads that I've long since lost interest in.

It would be a nice feature, which I think most of us would use.

I wonder if it's even possible to do that?

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #406 on: January 03, 2017, 06:55:54 pm »

:thumbsup:

Wingnut

« Reply #407 on: January 03, 2017, 07:04:46 pm »

I second that emotion.

@Oceander

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #408 on: January 03, 2017, 07:20:01 pm »
@bigheadfred

I wouldn't know. Web sites like facebook and twitter make my head hurt at all the stupidity on display,so I never visit any of them.

You don't have to go to FB and twitter to reaad the stupid shit trump has to say.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #409 on: January 03, 2017, 07:59:42 pm »
I as well wish for that feature.

Yes.  That would be handy.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #410 on: January 03, 2017, 08:23:08 pm »

LOL!   So.....having self-control to not click on it.....too much for you?   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #411 on: January 03, 2017, 08:42:36 pm »

Nah, people start sniping at each other or the thread veres off topic and still shows up in "Show latest rplies" link.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #412 on: January 03, 2017, 08:47:03 pm »

That, of course, is not the point.

The idea is that some threads go on and on and it would be nice to have the option of not having them pop up after they are yesterday's news.

It has absolutely nothing to do with "self control."  It has to do with not having to see threads (like NFL T&A threads for example) come back into your feed, just because you made the mistake of making one comment on them because you happen to like football. 

(Just an example.  Many more apolitical threads or old threads which might apply).

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #413 on: January 03, 2017, 08:50:38 pm »
Trump has solid support from law enforcement and law abiding citizens, apparently, other than civil types of matters, he has never had problems with the law.  It will be good to have a pro-law enforcement chief executive.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #414 on: January 03, 2017, 08:58:49 pm »
The person who made that accusation clearly has no experience with missionaries.

Obviously.

Like a lot of folks these days, they have preconceived notions of what they feel someone should embody and act like.

Anything outside their imaginations is 'fake', 'false' and 'haughty'.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #415 on: January 03, 2017, 09:00:13 pm »
Obviously.

Like a lot of folks these days, they have preconceived notions of what they feel someone should embody and act like.

Ahhh....the irony.     :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

« Reply #416 on: January 03, 2017, 09:25:10 pm »
Obviously.

Exactly.

But there is also an extreme level of ignorance and arrogance coming from a person who says "missionaries don't do this" when it is clear that missionaries DO those things.

There seems to be an epidemic of ignorant arrogance going around these days, eh?   :smokin:

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #417 on: January 03, 2017, 10:17:41 pm »
It would be a nice feature, which I think most of us would use.

I wonder if it's even possible to do that?

Maybe the solution is to archive threads whose launch was a week or more prior? People who still
want to comment on those threads can choose to do so without them cluttering more current
news (actual or alleged) and/or opinion.

@mystery-ak

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Wingnut

« Reply #418 on: January 03, 2017, 10:19:43 pm »

So, he doesn't know the position?

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #419 on: January 03, 2017, 10:22:48 pm »
But God never intended His people to choose a king for themselves.  Neither then in Ancient Israel or now in this country.

As I recall (no, silly literalists, I wasn't there, I have merely read), God consented to His servant Samuel's entreaty (never mind how
skeptical Samuel actually was) and allowed King Saul. We know how that worked out.

It's fascinating to watch a people once again demand a monarch to become their representative because they have no more use for God.

Sometimes you wish such books as these (yes, the second is the direct followup) had been required reading before people were allowed
to vote:

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #420 on: January 03, 2017, 10:49:03 pm »
As I recall (no, silly literalists, I wasn't there, I have merely read), God consented to His servant Samuel's entreaty (never mind how
skeptical Samuel actually was) and allowed King Saul. We know how that worked out.

Sometimes you wish such books as these (yes, the second is the direct followup) had been required reading before people were allowed
to vote:

I saw a pic on Twitter the other day of Trump and Netanyahu together with the caption "God's only son and the leader of his chosen people together at last"  :terror:

But its not a cult.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #421 on: January 03, 2017, 11:03:44 pm »
So, he doesn't know the position?

Has your tongue broken through your cheek?

@Wingnut

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #422 on: January 03, 2017, 11:09:37 pm »
I saw a pic on Twitter the other day of Trump and Netanyahu together with the caption "God's only son and the leader of his chosen people together at last"  :terror:

But its not a cult.

Of course it isn't. Benjamin Netanyahu would never consent to cult leadership! ;)

« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 11:10:03 pm by EasyAce »

Wingnut

« Reply #423 on: January 03, 2017, 11:12:00 pm »
Has your tongue broken through your cheek?

@Wingnut

Working on it.  But not yet!   888high58888

@mirraflake

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #424 on: January 03, 2017, 11:36:43 pm »

Ahhh....the irony.     :whistle:

Except if only most of us had fifty years of TV, newspaper, magazine and radio interviews, a reality TV show, news stories and an abundance of Twitter feeds that more than adequately ameliorate any preconceived notions about a lack of character in an individual, your irony would apply.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775