Author Topic: Trump’s Victory Is a Pivotal Turning Point in Human History  (Read 33402 times)

Offline Lando Lincoln

Re: Trump’s Victory Is a Pivotal Turning Point in Human History
« Reply #375 on: January 03, 2017, 04:57:55 pm »
Some years ago, a member was driving me crazy and I put the guy on ignore.  That was worse!  I could still see he had posted and people quoting him was just as bad.  I took him off "ignore" and lived with it. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline thackney

« Reply #376 on: January 03, 2017, 04:58:37 pm »
I kind of enjoy watching their impotent rage.

I just don't care about them enough to spend even that amount of time on their posts.  Nearly all have something to contribute, but some invest so much trash in their posting I gave up wading through the garbage.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #377 on: January 03, 2017, 05:03:24 pm »
@Emjay

It's for drones like Freepers who only want to hear "happy noises" in an echo chamber where "never a disparaging word is heard."

:beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #378 on: January 03, 2017, 05:05:30 pm »
Nonsense.  Ignore is for sane people who want to stay that way.

Steven Crowder said it best. If you don't want to hear someone  argument you are a "kitty"  not wanting to hear any argument other than your own.

@Emjay
@jpsb

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #379 on: January 03, 2017, 05:08:53 pm »

If one looks at MusicLady crosseyed, the forum owner will get on their case.

She  viciously  attacks other posters FIRST and when they push back she brings out the victim card...or she makes up things about them or twist what they said. Other have said the same thing other thna me.

@TomSea
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 05:10:48 pm by mirraflake »

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #380 on: January 03, 2017, 05:09:29 pm »
Some years ago, a member was driving me crazy and I put the guy on ignore.  That was worse!  I could still see he had posted and people quoting him was just as bad.  I took him off "ignore" and lived with it.

I leave them on ignore, saves me time when the Trumpkins crawl into their echo chamber to pat themselves on the back, thinking they're "WINNING!"   :thud:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #381 on: January 03, 2017, 05:12:23 pm »
I leave them on ignore, saves me time when the Trumpkins crawl into their echo chamber to pat themselves on the back, thinking they're "WINNING!"   :thud:

:whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

« Reply #382 on: January 03, 2017, 05:37:54 pm »
Nonsense.  Ignore is for sane people who want to stay that way.

There are only a handful of people here who require the Ignore feature, IMO, and more than a thousand who do not.

But life becomes much more pleasant if their posts aren't seen.  It has nothing to do with not being able to handle seeing their inanity, but rather, for me, it's a matter of valuing my own time and not wasting it on nonsense.

For the record.......... two of you whom I now have on Ignore have "mentioned" me on this thread.  My policy is not even to look at posts from people who have been so nasty that I've needed to block them out, so I have no idea why I was 'pinged'.

The two who have mentioned me on this thread, are among the nastiest.

Ergo, I will not waste my time on either of you, nor retaliate to your insults, regardless of the temptation. (I'm far more articulate and clever than either of you, and always win in a confrontation.  ^-^)

So..........if you have insulted or demeaned me with your post, or assaulted my character, tough beans.  There are hundreds of people on this forum I gladly have discussions with, even if/when there are strong disagreements.

Just not you two.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 05:38:59 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #383 on: January 03, 2017, 05:37:55 pm »
She  viciously  attacks other posters FIRST and when they push back she brings out the victim card...or she makes up things about them or twist what they said. Other have said the same thing other thna me.

@TomSea

@mirraflake  @musiclady

She also starts calling in her "posse" to help her pile on. Her whole personality seems to be based on passive-aggressive behavior. Seems to me she misses high school  and the games she played there. The whole Viking Kitty Posse group at FR was composed of these clannish critters. To them,politics is about personality,not policy.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 05:38:29 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #384 on: January 03, 2017, 05:39:34 pm »

:whistle:

@DCPatriot

You noticed too,huh? I think it is called "projection".

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #385 on: January 03, 2017, 05:41:02 pm »
There are only a handful of people here who require the Ignore feature, IMO, and more than a thousand who do not.

But life becomes much more pleasant if their posts aren't seen.  It has nothing to do with not being able to handle seeing their inanity, but rather, for me, it's a matter of valuing my own time and not wasting it on nonsense.

For the record.......... two of you whom I now have on Ignore have "mentioned" me on this thread.  My policy is not even to look at posts from people who have been so nasty that I've needed to block them out, so I have no idea why I was 'pinged'.

The two who have mentioned me on this thread, are among the nastiest.

Ergo, I will not waste my time on either of you, nor retaliate to your insults, regardless of the temptation. (I'm far more articulate and clever than either of you, and always win in a confrontation.  ^-^)

So..........if you have insulted or demeaned me with your post, or assaulted my character, tough beans.  There are hundreds of people on this forum I gladly have discussions with, even if/when there are strong disagreements.

Just not you two.

Stay safe!

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #386 on: January 03, 2017, 05:41:56 pm »
I just don't care about them enough to spend even that amount of time on their posts.  Nearly all have something to contribute, but some invest so much trash in their posting I gave up wading through the garbage.

That's it.

It's not the STUPID accusation that we, who use the Ignore feature, desire an echo chamber (how lame is that, anyway??), it's just that we value our time too much to waste it on trash.

Those who are most Ignored on this forum don't have the self-awareness to realize that almost nothing they write is worth reading, so they whine about "safe spaces."

It's a joke.   22222frying pan

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #387 on: January 03, 2017, 05:43:49 pm »
Stay safe!

I'm both safe and happy, and that bugs my accusers most.  :patriot:

Makes their seething anger even more intense, and not seeing it makes me smile.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #388 on: January 03, 2017, 05:44:15 pm »

@musiclady

Of course you are. You are smart,pretty,and people like you. Honest.

SOME people might conclude you are reading my posts while pretending to ignore me,and then attacking me through indirect posts while pretending to still be ignoring me.

Passive-aggressive professional victim.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #389 on: January 03, 2017, 05:46:18 pm »

Those who are most Ignored on this forum don't have the self-awareness to realize that almost nothing they write is worth reading, so they whine about "safe spaces."

LMAO.  You accuse others of whining about safe spaces when you put people on ignore.

@sneakypete
@TomSea

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #390 on: January 03, 2017, 05:48:17 pm »
@musiclady

Of course you are. You are smart,pretty,and people like you. Honest.

SOME people might conclude you are reading my posts while pretending to ignore me,and then attacking me through indirect posts while pretending to still be ignoring me.

Passive-aggressive professional victim.

I doubt she has me on ignore. Every time I mention her she blast back within 3 minutes. She is the type (harpy) that just has to see what another say about her.

@sneakypete

Offline jpsb

« Reply #391 on: January 03, 2017, 05:53:30 pm »
Is it possible to discover who has you on ignore? I'm curious to know if I (the nicest and most polite poster) have made any ones ignore list.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #392 on: January 03, 2017, 05:57:21 pm »
I doubt she has me on ignore. Every time I mention her she blast back within 3 minutes. She is the type (harpy) that just has to see what another say about her.

@sneakypete

@mirraflake

Yup. She LOVES this stuff. It makes her feel important. No way in hell is she ignoring anyone.

Offline thackney

« Reply #393 on: January 03, 2017, 05:57:31 pm »
Is it possible to discover who has you on ignore? I'm curious to know if I (the nicest and most polite poster) have made any ones ignore list.

I've thought it would be interesting to be able to see the number members that are ignoring a poster.  I think discovering who those members are would lead to problems.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #394 on: January 03, 2017, 06:00:41 pm »
I've thought it would be interesting to be able to see the number members that are ignoring a poster.  I think discovering who those members are would lead to problems.

@thackney

I don't think so. I know I have been on other forums where people would talk about how many people had them on ignore. Maybe those systems just noted how many members had you on ignore without telling you who they were? I never cared enough to look.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #395 on: January 03, 2017, 06:09:54 pm »

I give people a chance ... a lot of chances.  But when they prove to me they are both ignorant and abusive ... and keep proving it, I put them on ignore.

Both Sneaky Pete and Mirraflake cannot stand it and they keep pinging me.  My curiosity is not provoked.  I haven't heard a word either of them has said in months.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #396 on: January 03, 2017, 06:20:00 pm »

That would violate current laws on PII.    22222frying pan

Offline thackney

« Reply #397 on: January 03, 2017, 06:24:38 pm »
That would violate current laws on PII.

I'm not in favor of having the info provided, but I don't see how that would violate laws of Personally identifiable information.  Providing no information about the member other than the member's chosen public ID seems no different that the ability to mention them in an online post.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #398 on: January 03, 2017, 06:25:45 pm »
I wish I could put this entire thread on ignore but unfortunately, I made the mistake of posting to it early on when it still had a topic.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline thackney

« Reply #399 on: January 03, 2017, 06:27:40 pm »
I wish I could put this entire thread on ignore but unfortunately, I made the mistake of posting to it early on when it still had a topic.

I as well wish for that feature.